[WINNERS CHOSEN] [Challenge Coin] How to grow your favorite section!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Hey forum members, now you've got a taste for ninja week, show us what you have!

Q: What's the challenge?
A: Do you have a favorite section that is under-visited and needs growing?

Q: How can I win a challenge coin for this challenge?
A: Post a constructive suggestion on how to grow your favorite or under-visited section of HDN forums.

Q: How many winners are there?
A: We'll choose 7 random winners from all the replies in this thread.

Q: What about duplicate entries?
A: Only one challenge coin per winner.

SEVEN (7) WINNERS GET A COIN. A group of SEVEN winners will be picked from all entries.

REMEMBER. You can win ONLY ONE challenge coin, per member, but enter more challenges to increase your chances!

full

full

I would like to see more ninjas in the marketplace (not steelbooks) as I'm sure lots of ninjas have some cool movie items they would be willing to trade/sell. Not many people seem to visit that are of hdn.

I believe one of the most unvisited section of the forum is the Ninjas Exclusive Chat,

Not enough goes on in there to warrant the forum, there needs to be more member exclusive chat related forums. I know there's quite a few of UV code threads and happy birthdays, but apart from that it doesn't get as much attention as it deserves! :(

Maybe someone could post the steels in there for group buys before releasing to everyone? I know on some of the highly sought after group buy titles, some members miss out to new and existing members that aren't ninjas.
Perhaps we could just set up a forum within the ninjas only area where group buys are offered before going live to the general public? As an example, I remember the major rush on the Frozen Kimchi exclusive agessss ago. Literally the forum was swamped with any old tom dick or harry. So giving ninjas a first look into it at 1x copy per member, I think would be a lot better and potentially make people more happy.

I'd like to see the classied area used more the general section for normal blus
I'm from the uk and would like to collect blus from around the world mainly USA and Canada these guys must have loads of these but not often many for sale

Good question Farès! :D

While once upon a time it's cursed MetalPak predecessor was a low quality, scratch-prone product... I've found that the modern day FuturePak are quite excellent - they feel sturdy, can have interesting embossing, and have introduced new features (such as the sound & light FuturePak).

So, like others I'd like to see the Blu-ray FuturePak section become more popular :) as for how to make that happen, I feel at the moment it's pretty well hidden-away in the Blu-ray & movies collectables category - there's a lot listed under there and I often find that I easily scroll past it by mistake, even when looking for it.

As it's (as far as I'm aware) the only non-steelbook metal packaging still being produced due to the others getting killed off for legal reasons, I feel that it could warrant it's own category, perhaps beneath the Steelbook category before the Hot Deals category?

In the category, I would suggest there being "Blu-ray FuturePak", and "Video Game FuturePak" sub-forums (and any sub-sub forums felt appropriate), as the new Blu-ray FuturePak sub-forum could have the content of the current Blu-ray FuturePak sub-sub forum, and the FuturePak releases from the Video Game SteelBooks > Other Metal Packaging could be moved to the new Video Game FuturePak sub-forum.

A mock-up I created to illustrate the new category in the case that my rambling :p wasn't so clear (excuse the Steelbook icons used):

FuturePak.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Zero and bigdaygt
I'd like the futurepak and metalpak sections to grow. They should have there own sub forum right under steelbooks since they are so similar.

Not wanting to just jump on the bandwagon, but I agree with many other posters here- so wanted to add my support for the idea.

I think the Future Pak section need to become more prominent (maybe like @MrBMT mocked up above). The latest release here are featuring some amazing embossing (& sound) and would be great to see more people getting involved in these discussion and aware of the improved quality and selection. If the forum becomes easier to locate I think people will start to jump in and explore it more if its front and center in the forum list and not buried.

Favorite undervisited section --Custom steelbooks, slipcovers, artworks

Maybe we could do a spotlight to these talented Ninjas..
Cheers!

Reactions: digitalbabe
I think the Video Game Steelbooks board should be absorbed into or moved next to the Video Game Collector's Edition board. The way it's split now is kind of awkward because Video Game Steelbooks is all the way up top with the rest of the Steelbooks, but everything else video games is near the bottom. I sometimes forget (and I assume many other users too) that there is a Collector's Edition board for video games. The two boards often have posts about the same editions and topics too.

My idea is for the Music Forum

- It would be great if a mod could do a monthly review of a new released album. There are so many great releases every month of not so well known artists that many people would like if they only knew about them. Personally i always like to read about not so main streem artists and i found a lot of gems that way that i wouldn´t have found otherwise

I love the Funko Pop Vinyl section, but seems there's a very small group of us that post there, which there's nothing wrong with, we all get along and enjoy each others posts. There's a huge fan base for these little collectables but maybe the section just isn't noticed on here. Maybe a giveaway or an advertising banner would make members aware that we have a thread for Pops.

Reactions: Flloydo
My favorite forum is the Steelbook section, but, my next favorite forum is MUSIC I feel this could be used more, after all we all love music dont we?

Ron

I'd like the movies, trailers, news section to grow - newer members might not see it.
And steelbook feedback - again newer members might not know about it.
I mainly look at steelbook, pop funko and the 2 above but I need to get more involved with general chat and music section

Thanks for the amazing giveaway

I feel Digibooks should have more of a presence on the forum home page, I often find it difficult finding out about new releases. Also a Group Buy selection would be of great use to me :)

I think the Community Collection/award Dojo and a like needs a little re boot.

There are lots of movies and collections that should warrant an award Icon - Pacific Rim, Godzilla, Planet of the Apes, Guardians of the Galaxy etc.

Some you need 30 thanks and others, 20 thanks. The same number across the board would be awesome :)

We also need a THOR icon in the superhero emoji section :woot:

Well I've only just ventured out of the steelbook section again and found the TV & Movie sections (which I'll certainly be using again) and would really like to see these grow and also think what @PKAVFC said about the Community Collection/award Dojo is spot on.

Thanks for the give away.

Reactions: PKAVFC
Even I am guilty of not visiting the "General Chat" forum enough. A different movie website I joined over 15 years ago ended up having the "other" o r general forum become one of the funnest. It could be cool to grow this one like that. The problem is I don't know how to do that well. I guess entice people into it by doing giveaways partly based on posts in that forum.

My favourite section is TV shows, first of all this should be on its own highlighted thread because there are some very great TV shows right now. One thing to grow this is to have some HDN sponsored used TV shows DVDs/Bluray give aways...we always find cheap ones in used stores, why not take advantage and make a TV BOX monthly give away (like zbox and the other ones like it) but used so it will be cheap...and fun...without breaking the bank...we can even have recycled TV show DVDs...like a swap among members!

Slipcovers were my first love and I still love to collect them. I feel like the Slipcover forum (and the other "movie collectibles" forums) and positioned sooooooooo far down the hierarchy. I think that the Slipcovers forum (and the other "movie collectibles" forums) should be moved to the top of the forum--right under the Steelbook forum.

Gosh....there are a lot of sections I visit daily from steels, slips, futurepaks, special editions.......ninja exclusive threads. The one section I think can be grown is the sports section. I know there is a lot of passion out there for the various sports. For this and all other sections less visited, perhaps a little banner on the homepage promoting these as active discussion areas for those interested.

I would say the poster thread could use some love. Perhaps a give-a-way could bring some much needed traffic there. Or maybe whenever a new Mondo, Acme..etc. is released, there could be an announcement of some sort b4 it goes on sale. Someone could send an e-mail out to premiums, or non-premiums, too

Status
Not open for further replies.