[WINNERS CHOSEN] [Challenge Coin] How to grow your favorite section!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Hey forum members, now you've got a taste for ninja week, show us what you have!

Q: What's the challenge?
A: Do you have a favorite section that is under-visited and needs growing?

Q: How can I win a challenge coin for this challenge?
A: Post a constructive suggestion on how to grow your favorite or under-visited section of HDN forums.

Q: How many winners are there?
A: We'll choose 7 random winners from all the replies in this thread.

Q: What about duplicate entries?
A: Only one challenge coin per winner.

SEVEN (7) WINNERS GET A COIN. A group of SEVEN winners will be picked from all entries.

REMEMBER. You can win ONLY ONE challenge coin, per member, but enter more challenges to increase your chances!

full

full

Community Collections.
Would be good to have rewards for collections from more studios/movies. This may encourage more people to contribute.
I want to post my Arrow Video steelbook collection. Also Eureka/Masters of Cinema.

I love Limited Edition section the most of all. I love rare/interesting editions, not only narrowed to steelbooks.

I think that in Limited Edition sections should be an entry for Steelbook Limited Editions (for ex. 47 Ronin Taiwan Edition, Kimchi or Nova releases). It would give a chance for growth, cause the biggest portion of HDN members are interested mainly in steelbooks and they may not see how great other eddtions may be.
Also such options like @crossbow posted about Avengers box-set may get more interest from the members...

Moar giveaways! Kidding. Well maybe just a little. [emoji14]

It would be good to sometimes get exclusive news or insider previews of stuff in the works. Or even better, hold mini events akin to reddit's AMAs in collaboration with well known personalities in the respective areas (Eg. Authors for the book subforum)

Blu-ray collectors & limited editions...

always been hooked on this stuff from way back in the dark ages of dvd's :hilarious:
& I generally go straight to this section first before getting my steelbook info fix :rofl: surely more people collect this type of stuff as well as steels???
I am always interested in seeing what is being released around the world & thanks to the many ninja's starting threads or posting pics of their latest scores I can find more ways to blow my money aside from steels :D:D:D

I think the looking for X steelbook section needs more atention and maybe it could be moved to the main steelbook forum so that members will be able to notice it more and help out others on finding steelbooks. Or perhaps all the looking for threads could be together so that its eatser to go to one of you need help finding a steelbook or digibook ect.

Thanks for the giveaway.

Thanks for the give away.

I would like to see more Ninja's in the sport section especially in the Football/soccer sections. Maybe have a football banter page that would be a lot of fun.

I see that Many sub forums, specially country specific sub forums, under Blu-rays and release buzz sections are very less explored.

It would be better if we start writing content regularly in those sections (needless to say, quality content, means not one liners and repeat stuff, constructive, even if criticism). With my last year ninja resolution, I had decided that I would constantly provide updates regarding any/all steelbook and collectible releases from India. I think I fulfilled that during 2014.

So similarly for Indian Sub-forums, I think I can start adding movie threads in 2015. There are tones of awesome Indian Movies, which must be seen. Must be. And in same way I would like to see/explore more from other non-English countries.

Also I would suggest that since Steelbook forums, Collectible forums are most visited, dynamic positioning of sub-forum sections can be introduced. For example, If, lets say that "Music, Media and Tech" did not get minimum amount of hits for a month, it can be moved on top for a week or so, when "https://www.hidefninja.com/community/" link is accessed. This position change may give undivided exposure to less visited section.

That's it for now from my side. Will keep on adding suggestions as and when think of.

Thanks again to HDN elfs for this year's awesome ninja week.

I really love this forum - it's easy to navigate and shows almost everything in a decent size.
Colours are not too pitched up and reading posts all in all works smooth and easy.
I don't think there's a lot to add that would make sense for HDN as the platform it is.

The only thing that would make a nice addition to it is some kind of newsfeed in my opionion.
Maybe a small window you could open next to the message and notification flag. Once you glide over it (or click it of course) it opens a small window showing the most recent postings, maybe even with the possibility for a quick response. Maybe like this:

upload_2015-2-25_14-42-6.png

EDIT:
Just to avoid misunderstandings, i know there's already a windwo on the mainpage where you can see who posted in which thread recently, but i think this would also work in the upper banner and with the ability for a quick response! ;)
The quick response tool would also work for notifications or messages in common (the other two symbols on the top). :)

Last edited:
i would re-organize the "VINYL COLLECTIBLES SECTION".

1. bring it up from the bottom of the forums.
2. make reasonable sub-categories (re-issues, originals, sorted by labels,...and an own SOUNDTRACK/OST sub-category... )
3. make the thread titles more uniform (like in the steelbook section) to make it readable better.

i offer my help with doing this btw.

cheers, and many thanks for the give-away!

I think the Limited Edition thread and especially the included price drop thread should me visited more. I try to attrack more visitors by continously posting price drops myself and maybe others can do the same.

Best wishes,

Michael

My favorite section is the steelbook section, which is already at its awesomest point :)
I could improve it by inviting additional friends...like they say, the more, the merrier :)

Thank you for the chance to win the coin! :)

Thanks for the giveaway @Apollon.
It's not "under-visited" but I like the movies discussion part of the forums, especially after I've seen a film .. a great place to discuss ideas and themes, and also read about other members' views on films.
I think a lot of members should start there with expressing their views on a film before going to the steelbook or collector's edition forums, where we can discuss artwork, special features, region coding, etc. rather than the film. If you don't like the film then I'm not sure what you're going to achieve by talking about it in the steelbook section lol.
So maybe a link in the OP directing everyone to that film's thread if they want to discuss the film itself.

Rover

Reactions: IRON MAN
How about a ranking system as with forum posts. Also it might be a good idea to include barcodes for steels that we can search with that way?

Poster section. I visit it every once in a while for information on limited edition posters, however, said information is not current. Usually sold out too.

Would be nice to have someone get current release info for these. Also, like the steelbooks have a feedback forum, the posters should have one too. Would love posters for my favorite manga series, Claymore, and might be a good way for manufacture's to gather info on collectors interest's.

My fav section is the steelbook forum
it's definitely not under utilized and seems to have the most visitors
I think the major retailers like Zavvi, Blufans, Kimchi, HMV, Saturn, FNAC, and Media Markt should have sub forums within the steelbook forum where all their steelbook release threads can reside.

Thanks for the great giveaway!!
My favorite section is Steelbooks by far. I also like to peruse the sale/trade section.
Maybe I don't know 'how' to go through the Sale/Trade section correctly, but I have to go through a lot of obviously 'long since abandoned' threads before I find a seller that is current and up to date.
It really is kind of a time waster. Any way to get rid of abandoned threads?
Thanks!!:thumbs:

Q: What's the challenge?
A: Do you have a favorite section that is under-visited and needs growing?
Slips... I think this has the potential to be even bigger section

Q: How can I win a challenge coin for this challenge?
A: Post a constructive suggestion on how to grow your favorite or under-visited section of HDN forums.
I would hold specific giveaways for slips only (cheaper to ship and some are just as difficult to find). I'm sure some ninjas (including myself) would be willing to donate some slips to the cause.

Thanks for the giveaway!

I'd like to see the Poster section grow. Maybe cross reference between the steelbook forum and poster forum with links to posters related to that steelbook since I'm sure the steelbook section gets more visitors.

Slipcovers is an under-appreciated section. There are not as many thanks in the "post pictures of your latest" as the steelbook thread. I recommend an Asian slipcover award section. They seem to have the best slips around. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.