Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: July 15th, 2015
Purchase links:
Amazon.fr - €20.05
fnac.com - €19.99

813g6Zj0OnL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Oh god, it looks like Amazon.fr have updated the artwork on their site today, and it is the awful artwork in the OP. I am very sorry this has happened to you, be strong fellow ninjas and swiftly skip this.

Well, assuming it gets a steelbook release elsewhere I wouldn't give up hope yet.

The French editions are usually slightly different than the rest of the world with Fox releases. DoFP had a banner and the upside down spine which the HMV version didn't and the Czech version was totally different.

That said, I don't think there'll be a huge amount of steelbook releases for The Rogue Cut. It's an extended edition of a movie most of us own already, so you'll be paying a premium for 17 minutes of new footage and a funky box and the original came out less than a year ago. Still, Universal are giving Ted a new UK steelbook so who knows?

So the artwork sucks. It's clearly a botch job. Could have used the Epire Character poster... that would have been fitting.However, as much as everyone bitches and moans... we all know we're getting it? Although i will be REALLY torn if there's an amaray with better artwork... torn and disappointed.

I wont be getting it, at least not this version.

It's the standard upside down spine that puts me off more than anything. While the front is poor, I don't see anything other than the spine very often so it's not a deciding factor. I'm more likely to get it when it's cheap and replace the 3D disc from the Czech edition (which I have) unless an amazing steelbook is announced that's cheap and easy to get.

You all make me laugh with you comparisons lol!!! I actually really like it. Even though you definitely pointed out the flaws.
I think they could have placed and resized everything to make the cover more balanced.
Also I think turning Mystique's hair blue was a bit silly. They should have made parts of her body makeup blue.

My badly-photoshopped idea with Mystique :
1688vhy.jpg

The blue banner needs to be taken off the actual steelbook! It's crazy how they still allow themselves to do this!

Btw the picture is officially on Amazon.fr

Last edited:
Im just going to chime in again... But if its the Rogue Cut, with 17 minutes of extra story... Surrounding Rogue - why is she the second furthest to the back?

The whole thing doesnt make sense... *MUST* be a place holder.

Whos the photoshop genius that made this and then got it approved? jeeeeez... :smashed::smashed::smashed::smashed:
And to even call it "The Rogue Cut"? lolwat? -.-