Colombianlove41

Writer/Editor/Mod
Premium Supporter
Aug 23, 2010
Gotham
XB1 - United Kingdom | United States | Canada | France | Germany | Japan
XB1S - United Kingdom | United States | Canada | France | Germany | Japan

XB1X - UK Game | UK Amazon | USA Amazon

8 CPU cores at 1.6GHz, with a custom 800MHz graphics processor in the GPU. There are 8GB of RAM on board, with 32MB of fast embedded SRAM at double the throughput speed, and a 50GB-capable 6x Blu-ray drive. Wireless connectivity protocols include both Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Direct, and there’s still a Gigabit Ethernet port for gamers with low latency multiplayer demands. It’ll also come with USB 3.0 and HDMI 1.4a, which supports 3D over HDMI, Ethernet, audio return channels and 4K resolution.​

XB1.jpg

Attachments

• XB.png
    XB.png
    24.3 KB · Views: 5,958
Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah im getting it day one but im very disappointed about all the derez games. Like cod ghost being 1080p native on ps4 and only 720p on the x1, same with battlefield 4 900p native on ps4 and 720p on xbox 1... What gives with that...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Yeah im getting it day one but im very disappointed about all the derez games. Like cod ghost being 1080p native on ps4 and only 720p on the x1, same with battlefield 4 900p native on ps4 and 720p on xbox 1... What gives with that...

I guess we will see when its released its only theories for now however MS has not really denied it either.

You never know we could end up getting a patch at launch or later on so it will be 1080.

I guess we will see when its released its only theories for now however MS has not really denied it either.

You never know we could end up getting a patch at launch or later on so it will be 1080.

Highly doubtful there are a myriad of other issues that need to be resolved first relating to the functions of the esram relay and design decisions made by the execs. Its not impossible but if they wanna make it by launch it'll be a very hard press on infinity ward. IGN is even backing it now. But you'll see at launch if the issues dont get sorted out. I'm speaking from a programmers perspective and things i know about how hardware works. Somethings about the way the x1 works will just be much more difficult for programmers that arent familiar with working around hardware issues than they will be with the ps4. But don't take my word for it. You'll see the reviews and comparisons pretty ravagely come launch time. If you would like to know more I suggest sticking with ign for news they are a little slow on the uptake but you can guarantee they're not going to offically confirm info till its true.

Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
Yeah, everything i've read multiple places on the net, say the PS4 will be running better graphics than the XBone.

It's gonna br more interesting down the road to see how developers are forced to used directx controls to adjust the differences for image quality. Like the obvious sharpening tools used on battlefield 4 from digital foundary's graphical analysis. It appears more work was put into the x1 version to compensate for resolution loss to the ps4 version. Again saying all this im still getting both consoles but the days of microsoft having the visually regining console are over due to the shear difference in graphic card choices. Its 50% gflop loss to the ps4 which will become noticable more so as time goes on.

Last edited:
I had both consoles this generation and hardly touched my PS3.
I'm sure I'll probably end up with both this time too, but I have my XBox One preordered for Day One - I'll pick up a PS4 when they start getting the exclusives I want to play (never been particularly interested in Killzone)

Highly doubtful there are a myriad of other issues that need to be resolved first relating to the functions of the esram relay and design decisions made by the execs. Its not impossible but if they wanna make it by launch it'll be a very hard press on infinity ward. IGN is even backing it now. But you'll see at launch if the issues dont get sorted out. I'm speaking from a programmers perspective and things i know about how hardware works. Somethings about the way the x1 works will just be much more difficult for programmers that arent familiar with working around hardware issues than they will be with the ps4. But don't take my word for it. You'll see the reviews and comparisons pretty ravagely come launch time. If you would like to know more I suggest sticking with ign for news they are a little slow on the uptake but you can guarantee they're not going to offically confirm info till its true.

i do follow ign for the most part and some of the stuff i have no clue what the hell they are talking about :hilarious:
Im just going to play the waiting game and if it is a lower picture we will just have to live with it. It wont bother me too much. But I could see them make changes when they release the next version xbox one slim or whatever.

On another note I was in my best buy today and they had 3 front isles of xbox one set up display boxes and pre order cards. But only one ps4 isle at the back side wall with a tv. I was a bit shocked since they are releasing the ps4 first.

Right now at launch im looking at forza and black ops for myself.

Im really curios tho what size game cases we will be getting ??

i do follow ign for the most part and some of the stuff i have no clue what the hell they are talking about :hilarious:
Im just going to play the waiting game and if it is a lower picture we will just have to live with it. It wont bother me too much. But I could see them make changes when they release the next version xbox one slim or whatever.

On another note I was in my best buy today and they had 3 front isles of xbox one set up display boxes and pre order cards. But only one ps4 isle at the back side wall with a tv. I was a bit shocked since they are releasing the ps4 first.

Its due to preorder amount amazon, target, walmart, gamestop, bestbuy and a few various online retailers are reporting that the ps4 preorder is extremely high for launch much higher than predicted Sony vlaimed over 1million preorders at tokyo game show so you will see alot less ps4s on shelves because they are launching in 32 countries practically simultaneously. Where as microsoft due to production issues is launching in 13. Needless to say Sony has produced more consoles and distributed them across 32 countries vs. 13. But yeah the Battlefield 4 videos are up and if your a casual/normal player you prolly wont notice the difference but it is confirmed that the ps4 version is 900p and the x1 is 720p. For most ppl this wont be a huge difference. But for the perfectionist and purist out there like myself they will. Im not saying is significantly obvious differences in most ppls eyes they wont even notice :hilarious: but im just the differemce is there amd it will be there all gen for any other definitivist/purist in the thread who are/were on the fence.

---------- Post added at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 PM ----------

Size game cases on ps4 are confirmed G2 x1 dont know for certain yet.

Its due to preorder amount amazon, target, walmart, gamestop, bestbuy and a few various online retailers are reporting that the ps4 preorder is extremely high for launch much higher than predicted Sony vlaimed over 1million preorders at tokyo game show so you will see alot less ps4s on shelves because they are launching in 32 countries practically simultaneously. Where as microsoft due to production issues is launching in 13. Needless to say Sony has produced more consoles and distributed them across 32 countries vs. 13. But yeah the Battlefield 4 videos are up and if your a casual/normal player you prolly wont notice the difference but it is confirmed that the ps4 version is 900p and the x1 is 720p. For most ppl this wont be a huge difference. But for the perfectionist and purist out there like myself they will. Im not saying is significantly obvious differences in most ppls eyes they wont even notice :hilarious: but im just the differemce is there amd it will be there all gen for any other definitivist/purist in the thread who are/were on the fence.

---------- Post added at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 PM ----------

Size game cases on ps4 are confirmed G2 x1 dont know for certain yet.

Yeah I had heard that Ps4 may be extremely short on launch day for a few weeks leading to the new year I just did not expect such a large MS display i figured they would be about even.

I was watching those vids I had actually caught them first from kotaku and i was like how did I miss this on IGN.LOL yeah I can notice a slight difference but it looks like it wont bother me to much. Id probably notice more on a day off when Im relaxed and recharged and can see straight rather than when I arrive home from work. I am really hoping the cases will be G2 so I can have a nice level collection.

Will this be a recurring thing?
I'm not a COD or Battlefield player, but I'll be pissed if my FIFA 14 and Halo 5 don't run in 1080p native.

Will this be a recurring thing?
I'm not a COD or Battlefield player, but I'll be pissed if my FIFA 14 and Halo 5 don't run in 1080p native.

I doubt they will let halo run at anything less and sports games arent all that difficult or processing intensive despite graphics so you can almost guarantee fifa and most sports titles to be 1080p prolly 60fps also. But it will be a recurring theme among other types of 3rd party games for awhile think about it like this past generation. The ps3 had a big learning curve with cell processing but eventually it caught up and 3rd party titles look pretty similar to 360 titles. The same thing will happen... Eventually this gen also they will just habe to use other methods and tools to increase resolution and framerate.

---------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

I doubt they will let halo run at anything less and sports games arent all that difficult or processing intensive despite graphics so you can almost guarantee fifa and most sports titles to be 1080p prolly 60fps also. But it will be a recurring theme among other types of 3rd party games for awhile think about it like this past generation. The ps3 had a big learning curve with cell processing but eventually it caught up and 3rd party titles look pretty similar to 360 titles. The same thing will happen... Eventually this gen also they will just habe to use other methods and tools to increase resolution and framerate.

Its just the oposite this gen the learning curve is on the x1 side and ps4 is easy breezy to take pc code and get it up and going on ps4.

Reactions: Xavier and gregavfc
I might get the xbone when it comes with a bundle. Possibly halo 5 and maybe a nice special edition paint job. For now tho I'm just getting the ps4 day one!!! Ps4 FTW!!!

Getting the PS4 on launch but im still interested in the Xbox one (at the moment mainly for Dead Rising 3)

But only once the price comes down / if they stick and don't re-implement their DRM policy's.

After seeing some game play, I cancelled my pre-order. Going to take a wait and see approach now. I want some more 3D enabled games.

Getting the PS4 on launch but im still interested in the Xbox one (at the moment mainly for Dead Rising 3)

But only once the price comes down / if they stick and don't re-implement their DRM policy's.

Same here.As soon as the consoles price comes down to earth then i will pick one up.