Colombianlove41

Writer/Editor/Mod
Premium Supporter
Aug 23, 2010
Gotham
XB1 - United Kingdom | United States | Canada | France | Germany | Japan
XB1S - United Kingdom | United States | Canada | France | Germany | Japan

XB1X - UK Game | UK Amazon | USA Amazon

8 CPU cores at 1.6GHz, with a custom 800MHz graphics processor in the GPU. There are 8GB of RAM on board, with 32MB of fast embedded SRAM at double the throughput speed, and a 50GB-capable 6x Blu-ray drive. Wireless connectivity protocols include both Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Direct, and there’s still a Gigabit Ethernet port for gamers with low latency multiplayer demands. It’ll also come with USB 3.0 and HDMI 1.4a, which supports 3D over HDMI, Ethernet, audio return channels and 4K resolution.​

XB1.jpg

Attachments

• XB.png
    XB.png
    24.3 KB · Views: 5,949
Last edited by a moderator:
Microsoft has revealed that the August patch for Xbox One will add support for 3D Blu-ray movies, the ability to turn off notifications during videos and turn on low battery notifications. You'll also be able to purchase Xbox Live content on Xbox.com or via SmartGlass and have the download pushed onto your console. Finally, there will be new ways to interact with friends via your activity feed.

Reactions: herpderp
Xbox One August Update

• Activity feed updates: We’re adding new ways for you to interact with friends in the activity feed. The interface will change to a single column scrolling list that is longer and includes more content. We’ll add the ability to post text to your feed, and to “like” and comment on feed items. You can share game clips and anything else in the feed with friends either publically (to your activity feed) or privately (as an attachment to a message). You’ll also be notified when anyone likes, comments on or shares your items. Each user will get a personal feed on their profile, so you can see what specific friends have been up to. And, with SmartGlass, you can see what your friends have shared to their activity feed and “like” specific posts (additional activity feed support coming in future SmartGlass updates).

• Expanded Friends area on Home: Right from Home, see what’s going on with your friends. Stay up-to-date with their current activity, the top trending games your friends are playing, and a leaderboard to see who has been working the hardest on their Gamerscore. We’re doing an extended preview on this, rolling it into the early access preview this month to a subset of our preview audience so we can refine it until it’s ready for the entire Xbox One market.

• Mobile purchase: One of the most requested features on Xbox Feedback. Using Xbox SmartGlass or on Xbox.com, you can remotely purchase games and Add-on content. No more waiting to begin downloading when you get home – if your console is set to automatically take updates, your console will begin downloading your purchase.

• Low battery notification: You asked for it, now a notification will pop up when your controller battery is getting low.

• Disable notifications during video: Adding the ability to turn off notifications based feedback we heard from you.

• Enabling 3D Blu-ray: An update to the Blu-ray player app will enable 3D Blu-ray functionality on Xbox One.

• OneGuide in Brazil, Mexico, Austria and Ireland: Live TV listings can be configured for four new countries as part of this month’s Preview program. And now there is an OneGuide Issue Reporter available under the TV & OneGuide settings, Troubleshooting section.

• Last seen time in Friends list: Direct from Xbox Feedback, the friends list will now show how long it’s been since a friend has been online. For example, “Last seen 20m ago: Forza Motorsport 5.”

My Xbox One has packed up i think. Won't play my disc based FIFA 14 even though there isn't a single scratch on the disc, and a few downloaded games won't play either!! Also there's a noise coming from where the vents are at the top when i play games, i notice it more on cut scenes. Think the fan is going.Only bought it in May lol!! And in Saudi Arabia you only get a months warranty so it's gonna have to wait till i get back to the UK before i can get it repaired :(

It looks like the swanky white Xbox One, originally only available to Microsoft employees, will be hitting retail stores as bundled with the upcoming console exclusive, Sunset Overdrive. French retailer Micromania listed the white console and Sunset Overdrive with a October 28th release and price of 399 Euros. The listing has since been removed.

XB1.jpg

Microsoft's Major Nelson has confirmed that Xbox One users should be able to get the September firmware update right now. The update brings with it a good few additions to the console such as a pretty versatile media player and improvements to the Party system.

Here's what's new:
  • A new Media Player app: Play media files from an attached USB device with the new media player app – DNLA support for home media servers coming soon. Xbox One will support more formats than Xbox 360, including support for dozens of new file formats like Mpeg 2 TS, animated gifs and MKV, which will be added by the end of the year.
  • Party on in the new and improved Party App: Be the leader of your party with the new party leader setting. As the party leader, you can change whether the party requires invitations and you can remove others from the party. The updated app also lets you see what activities everyone in your party is doing and who is playing in the same game with you in addition to being able to quickly perform common actions like muting, joining, or sending game invites.
  • New features for SmartGlass: You can now post status messages from the Activity Feed and comments, or share items from both your Activity Feed and Game Clips. Along with the new comment and share features, a personalized Activity Feed has been added to your profile and messages have been updated to a new layout supporting a full conversation view. Additionally, we are adding the ability to record game clips directly from the Now Playing bar. Finally, for users who upgrade the app directly, we have introduced a What’s New page highlighting the features of each release.
  • “Xbox On” capabilities in Australia, Canada (French), Italy, Spain, and Mexico: New regions will have the ability to use the “Xbox On” Kinect voice command to power on their consoles when they’re in connected standby (Instant On) mode.
  • OneGuide comes to Brazil, Mexico, Austria, and Ireland: The ability to configure live TV listings will be available to all customers in these four countries. Also coming to these markets is the ability to use OneGuide and the Universal Remote Control in SmartGlass.
  • Boot to TV: Now Xbox One owners will be able to set their console to boot directly to television when coming out of connected standby.
  • Bandwidth Usage Display: Bandwidth Usage will show users how much bandwidth their Xbox One is consuming over a period of time, a useful tool for those who want to track against bandwidth caps set by ISPs in certain markets.
  • GameDVR deletes: Users will be able to choose multiple GameDVR clips to delete at once in the Upload app.
  • Save your Avatar Gamerpic: A new option to save Avatar Gamerpics to users’ OneDrive.

Reactions: herpderp
Great deal coming up for those thinking about buying an XBone.

This means you could pick up the Madden 15 bundle plus Destiny, or ANY other game for $399.

QUOTED FROM CNET.COM...

Microsoft is offering a sweet deal over the next week to gamers looking to buy an Xbox One.

Between September 7 and September 13, Microsoft will give one free game to anyone who buys anXbox One, Xbox One with Kinect, Xbox One Madden NFL 15 bundle, or Xbox One Forza Motorsport 5 bundle, the company announced on Thursday.

Unlike some other past promotions from Microsoft and other console makers that required gamers to choose between a selection of titles, Microsoft is offering the free deal on any game that's available at the time of purchase. That means everything from Titanfall to the highly anticipated Destiny is included in the deal.

Despite the somewhat loose restrictions, there are some caveats. The deal doesn't apply to preorders, so any game launching later this year will not apply. Microsoft is also banning refurbished consoles or used games from the deal. Gamers must also buy the title on physical disc and its value must not exceed $59.99 before tax.

Microsoft's move is shrewd, if nothing else. Next week, Destiny, the first major non-Halo title released by Bungie, is hitting store shelves September 9 (Tuesday), and it's expected to make quite a splash. Since it's not exclusive to the Xbox One but could be a huge hardware-seller for both Sony and Microsoft, the software giant's decision to offer it for free with the purchase of an Xbox One makes choosing its console far more palatable to some customers. It also puts Sony on notice to respond.

Whether Sony will actually respond, however, remains to be seen. Sony has announced that it has sold 10 million PlayStation 4 consoles worldwide since the hardware's launch last year. It's believed, though not confirmed by Microsoft, that it has sold approximately 5 million Xbox One units in about the same time. The free game offer may be a ploy on Microsoft's part to inch closer to the PlayStation 4.

A Microsoft spokesperson told CNET in an e-mailed statement that most major retailers will be participating in the free game offer, including Best Buy, GameStop, Target, Walmart, Amazon, and Toys 'R Us. The company urged gamers to check with local retailers not listed to see if they're participating.

Xbox One October Update

New Snap and Friends functions

o Snap Updates – We’ve updated the Snap Center to include quick access to many of the things our fans wanted faster access to when playing a game – Friends, Messages, Game DVR, clock, and battery indicator – as well as making it easier to close and open new snap apps when playing a game. A double tap of the Xbox button on your controller will bring up a menu that allows you to open a new app in snap mode, close the current snapped app, or switch focus between your game and your running snapped app. Additionally, two apps have been optimized for Snap mode:
  • Friends Snap App – Access your friends list without leaving the game. Quickly check your friends list to see who’s online right now and take actions like send message, invite or join.
  • Messages Snap App – You’ll be able to open, read and respond to messages in Snap mode, and messages will now be displayed in a threaded conversation view.
o Achievements App – Updated to enable sharing of achievements you’ve unlocked with captions, see a list of friends who have unlocked specific achievements, and an updated achievements Snap landing page that that shows Achievements on recently played games, when a user is not actively playing a game.

o Friends section – The new Friends section enables you to see at a glance what’s going on with your friends. You can stay up-to-date with their current activities, the most popular games your friends are playing, and a Gamerscore leaderboard to see who has improved their Gamerscore over the last 30 days. The new Friends section has been available for select preview members for a few weeks and now we’re bringing it to everyone in the program, with plans to roll out this feature for all Xbox One owners with the October system update.

o New SmartGlass features – You can now see a list of your top games in your profile. You can also see a list of your friend’s most popular games in the Friend’s section of SmartGlass.

Improvements for TV and video

o Media Player DLNA and MKV support – Members of the preview program who have also downloaded the latest version of the Media Player app will now have support for DLNA streaming. With this update, you will be able to easily access and play music, watch photo slideshows or movies stored on home media servers and devices that support the DLNA server protocols. Additionally, you will now be able to playback MKV files stored on a USB device or a device on your home network that supports DLNA streaming.

o Live TV Trending – Within the next week, you will be able to see what Live TV is trending based on your country and OneGuide settings. A new tab will be available in OneGuide that displays the top 10 most watched TV shows, with the list filtered down to the shows that are currently available to you based on your OneGuide settings. You will be able to tune to a specific show by pressing the A button. The Live TV Trending list will be updated approximately every minute, so you can easily discover shows that are popular with other viewers. This feature will initially be made available to preview users in the U.S., Canada and the UK.

o Xbox One Digital TV TunerPreviously announced in August, this new accessory will be available for purchase in UK, France, Germany, Italy and Spain on October 21. This USB-attached TV Tuner will enable users to watch TV on Xbox One, and pause Live TV for up to 30 minutes. There are a limited number of preview participants in this program due to hardware requirements needed for testing.
  • Stream TV to SmartGlass – If you have an Xbox One Digital TV Tuner, you will be able to stream TV across your home network to your smartphone or tablet using the Xbox SmartGlass app. You can also pause, play, rewind and change channels, without interrupting gameplay.
o Live TV MiniGuide – For markets where OneGuide is available, a new MiniGuide on the bottom of the screen will display details about the TV content that is currently playing. You can quickly change channels, see what’s on other channels, and tune to the previous channel or other recent channels.

o OneGuide in 12 new countries – Live TV listings and schedules will be made available to preview members on Xbox One and SmartGlass for Belgium, Chile, Columbia, Denmark, Finland, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Poland, Sweden, Switzerland and Russia in the next few days.

o Internet TV Apps – Apps with live TV channels can now include their TV listings within OneGuide. In addition, other Xbox TV features such as channel changing using speech and Miniguide will work with these apps. These features are enabled automatically the first time you sign into a supported app. The first app to support this feature in preview will be Zattoo, a TV provider available in several European markets. We will be sharing more details soon with members of the public preview.

o Universal Remote Control in SmartGlass – If you are in one of those 12 countries, you will also be able use your mobile device to control your Xbox, TV, and/or Cable/Satellite box.

Other user requested features

o Updated Devices & Accessories page – To access the new page, go inside Settings, where you can Find, Assign, and Update Xbox One accessories. You can now more easily “assign” accessories to specific users, such as assigning a headset to a specific gamer.

o Firmware updates – You can update the firmware for an individual device. And, you can also more easily find (or identify) a controller by making it vibrate.

o Hide Games & Apps on your console – You can now hide items in the “Ready to install” list under My Games & Apps. This is a per-console setting and items will reappear in the list if they are installed again from the Xbox Store. To access the shortcut to temporarily show “hidden” items, press X while holding down both triggers and it will show all hidden items until you exit My Games & Apps.

These new features and updates are rolling out to all Xbox One preview program members starting today. We are looking forward to bringing Xbox One to new markets this month, and can’t wait to hear from fans in those markets who get to pick up and play Xbox One for the first time. Plus, these new features will be available in all of our new markets for Xbox One owners who join the preview program.

• Informative
Reactions: FanOfGaming
Anyone Planning on getting the white system? Or the COD ? Just curious. I personally would love for them to release a special on for Halo 5 WHICH Im betting they will and if they do I will most likely get .

Microsoft boss Phil Spencer has revealed that Xbox One will eventually support taking screenshots and will allow for customisation thanks to a dashboard with themes.

The PS4 has been able to share screenshots since launch, allowing users to post moment from their game on Facebook and Twitter and Spencer said it's coming to Xbox One too.

“People beat me up on screenshots and I know people like to customise the look of the dash .. we are going to deliver on them."

Spencer also revealed that Rare are working on a new project and he hopes that it'll be the type of game that Rare used to be known for.

"Rare's success is really important to us, and they have done a great job of being a cornerstone of our early kinect success with Sports Rivals, but I think its time for them to spread out and think about more. Thats the kind of push I gave them the last time we met, lets go and make an iconic Rare game that people centre on what Rare has always been about. I have not seen it yet, but if the pitch holds to their history I think we are likely to see something in that vein. They are such a rich studio with great franchises in their history, and hopefully their future."

You can listen to the interview here:

Hey everyone! Just preordered the COD bundle, how are you liking your Xbox one? I have a PS4, but I want both systems. Any cool features I should know about? Never had an Xbox before..

Hey everyone! Just preordered the COD bundle, how are you liking your Xbox one? I have a PS4, but I want both systems. Any cool features I should know about? Never had an Xbox before..
500gb isnt enough i have some money for halo 5 LE Xbox 1 If it happens, and use my 500gb Xbox as bluray player. Im regretted buying a Xbox 1 when they showed us the 1tb so im saving for halo 5 or slim

Reactions: djprodikis
OK, so I have a brand new one. I bought a cool charger station that came with rechargable batteries, but I have no Idea what else I need to start charging them. Also what is that long slim box for. I love how it came with no directions. My first game also came with no instructions. Love trying to figure everything out.:mad: