10849264-1.jpg

zatoichi-art.jpg

Actual HDN exclusive pics:

Zatoichi Back Flat.jpg

Zatoichi Back Upright.jpg

Zatoichi Front Flat.jpg

Zatoichi Front Upright.jpg

Last edited:
It's not like they are knocking me over at the cinemas with Japanese movies. They're Japanese, all right. You have to go looking for them to know they are even out there. I tried to research this and found a series of movies with this title, 25 or more. I'm guessing we're dealing with Zatoichi: The Blind Swordsman (2003) 7.7/10 @ blu-ray.com. There are too many Zotoichis to have figured it out at my first 2 stops, YouTube and RottenTomatoes. I'll have to get more info, see a trailer or excerpt and see the artwork to see if it's even my style before making another blind buy. When the movie collectors (or perhaps case collectors) haven't heard of this one, it's pretty obscure. We are not exposed to Japanese films in the US. We have our own film making industry that dominates here.

Last edited:
I'm guessing we're dealing with Zatoichi: The Blind Swordsman (2003) 7.7/10 @ blu-ray.com.

that is correct

We are not exposed to Japanese films in the US. We have our own film making industry that dominates here.

which is really sad because there is nothing innovative coming out the us lately....all i can see is uninspired sequels and worse remakes of european / asia movies. imo hollywood lost there supremacy and all what they have left are there frenchises and there capital to buy foreign licences or even the cast.

that is correct

which is really sad because there is nothing innovative coming out the us lately....all i can see is uninspired sequels and worse remakes of european / asia movies. imo hollywood lost there supremacy and all what they have left are there frenchises and there capital to buy foreign licences or even the cast.

I'll take Asian cinema over Hollywood any day of the week. Hollywood hits are too few and far between.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
i will try to NOT order this (like i did a a double-dip on seven samurai), to save me some money for the 27-disc criterion collection box of zatoichi later this year. it's expensive but looks stunning.

i will try to NOT order this (like i did a a double-dip on seven samurai), to save me some money for the 27-disc criterion collection box of zatoichi later this year. it's expensive but looks stunning.

Im getting both the criterion and this release, unfortunately im a sucker for these movies :emb:

When the movie collectors (or perhaps case collectors) haven't heard of this one, it's pretty obscure.

I have to believe that most 'movie collectors' are at least aware of the Zatoichi films, even if they haven't seen all or even any of them. 'Case collectors' are another matter.

Where did that artwork come from? Is it definite? Looks like the 13 Assassins artwork, and both are quite different in tone...hmm not sure if I like it. Would've preferred one similar to the original DVD steelbook artwork - black and white and red. Simple. Wish Kill Bill had done the same but for some reason designers feel the need to put splashes of blood everywhere rather than have a refined, minimalist design!

Unless this includes an extended edition, I think I will stick to my Collector's Tin 2 disc DVD edition. As much as I love this film and would love to upgrade this to a blu-ray I'll pass.