Purchase link: Standard edition
Price: 24.99 Standard
Group Buy: Drum18 or Biscuitnoir

World Exclusive Art: Yes
Units: 4000 Standard
Finish: Mixed Gloss and Satin

Some of the features of the standard Blu-ray SteelBook:
•Mondo X SteelBook™ series #001
•A loving treatment of the art created by Martin Ansin with extra details by the artist himself
•Disc art created specifically for this SteelBook release. Featuring an exact replica of the watch from the movie with rich colour tones
•The timelines are separated by detailed gloss and satin combined complex metallic layering
•Highly detailed metallic effect
•Each piece has been personally designed by Mondo and SteelBook from the front cover to the discs
•Packaged in a translucent sleeve with Mondo X SteelBook branding

00.jpg

01.jpg 02.jpg 03.jpg 04.jpg 05.jpg 06.jpg 07.jpg

Exclusive HDN Preview Video

Last edited by a moderator:
Please let it be The Lost Boys! Was up in arms when they announced TLB last year but was dissapointed with the actual release. Love that movie! :notworthy:

And what a great song this is!

I really like FS Looper too, but with Alien out(Fox), I think Looper is the same studio as Drive, so might be easier to work with them again for a second release, with the success of Drive. I Hope they do The Dark Knight too, but they should start with Batman Begins, and do all three :)

In other Mondo steelbook news #002 is up for preorder with a Jan 6 release date and 2 versions (in true Mondo fashion). So at this rate does this mean that #002 will be released before we even know what #001's title is?

Boyhood Mondo Exclusive #002

Boyhood Mondo Exclusive Variant #002

Variant edition has an alternate colour on the steelbook and the sleeve, is limited to 2000 copies and includes a 16 page booklet about the movie

Ah man, I'm a little gutted that its probably not alien, Randy Ortiz poster for it would have made one incredible steel but who knows? Hopefully we get it down the line, even the big studios will hopefully see how beautiful Mondo editions of their films would be, they'd be pretty crazy not to.

So as for the remaining choices a POSSIBLE clue could be that Mondo just a few weeks or so back released a whole host of new Batman posters to celebrate the 75th anniversary of the Caped Crusader, which included a bunch of new The Dark Knight Posters by various artists (the Phantom City Creative poster from the show is pictured below).

But all in all I actually wouldn't mind a Looper steel at all, I love the Mondo poster by Martin Ansin and with the amount of different inks and finishes that could be applied it would look freakin' incredible! Plus I know a certain zerox39 loves that poster too sooo.... ;)

But we'll see, I can't wait for this announcement what ever it is, it's not going to disappoint as I would love any of them!

MONDO_DARKKNIGHT_PCC_blog_1024x1024.jpg

Reactions: rj531
In other Mondo steelbook news #002 is up for preorder with a Jan 6 release date and 2 versions (in true Mondo fashion). So at this rate does this mean that #002 will be released before we even know what #001's title is?

Boyhood Mondo Exclusive #002

Boyhood Mondo Exclusive Variant #002

Variant edition has an alternate colour on the steelbook and the sleeve, is limited to 2000 copies and includes a 16 page booklet about the movie

Haha. yes 002 is coming out first, it was a hiccup that we weren't expecting, but we like it :)

Reactions: Kobi
Based on the last clue, it is definitely not Alien. The company of furry animals has to be 20th Century Fox as they have the lions as their symbol...