Purchase link: Standard edition
Price: 24.99 Standard
Group Buy: Drum18 or Biscuitnoir

World Exclusive Art: Yes
Units: 4000 Standard
Finish: Mixed Gloss and Satin

Some of the features of the standard Blu-ray SteelBook:
•Mondo X SteelBook™ series #001
•A loving treatment of the art created by Martin Ansin with extra details by the artist himself
•Disc art created specifically for this SteelBook release. Featuring an exact replica of the watch from the movie with rich colour tones
•The timelines are separated by detailed gloss and satin combined complex metallic layering
•Highly detailed metallic effect
•Each piece has been personally designed by Mondo and SteelBook from the front cover to the discs
•Packaged in a translucent sleeve with Mondo X SteelBook branding

00.jpg

01.jpg 02.jpg 03.jpg 04.jpg 05.jpg 06.jpg 07.jpg

Exclusive HDN Preview Video

Last edited by a moderator:
YES! now I don't have to look for the HMV one.

@zerox39 Are the variant editions of Mondo steelbooks only available online or will we be able to purchase in store as well?

Everyone likes the Future Shop lenti with the bilingual spine?
I do love that Lenti. I hate to double dip but I am a huge fan of Mondo so I'll probably get each Mondo steel they decide to release. I definitely can't bring myself to by 2 mondo steels every time so I'll have to choose between the regular and variant. Right now I'm thinking the variant for 001 and 002.

Reactions: Marina Blue
I think the color scheme is all wrong. It doesn't speak to the movie it represents. The image on the back looks like a 16 bit image grab from a nintendo game. Mondo can make some good stuff. They also make a lot of crap.
This is the latter.
I'll stick with this- (Ironic. Mondo artist, but not officially a Mondo)
image.jpg

Reactions: harry
@AlienKing @nekromantik I saw this later when I got it on blu-ray last year and I thought it was okay. But yeah, it definitely isn't a crowd pleaser. Some of the plot is a little underwhelming, but overall the main idea and story is nice. A fairly decent sci-fi flick that's worth watching IMO.

I understand this movie wasn't everybody's cup of tea. But what's your reason?
@AlienKing @nekromantik I saw this later when I got it on blu-ray last year and I thought it was okay. But yeah, it definitely isn't a crowd pleaser. Some of the plot is a little underwhelming, but overall the main idea and story is nice. A fairly decent sci-fi flick that's worth watching IMO.
Just thought it was quite weak.
Dont know what but it bored me half way through. Did not keep my attention.
Dont get me wrong, there are FAR FAR worse movies out there.
I thought it was a near masterpiece. Such a cool, thrilling movie with lots of awesome scenes.

Guys, if you want to discuss the movie, please do it so in our wonderful (and really full) movie section:
https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/looper-in-theaters-september-28-2012.17081/

Reactions: IRON MAN