Purchase link: Standard edition
Price: 24.99 Standard
Group Buy: Drum18 or Biscuitnoir

World Exclusive Art: Yes
Units: 4000 Standard
Finish: Mixed Gloss and Satin

Some of the features of the standard Blu-ray SteelBook:
•Mondo X SteelBook™ series #001
•A loving treatment of the art created by Martin Ansin with extra details by the artist himself
•Disc art created specifically for this SteelBook release. Featuring an exact replica of the watch from the movie with rich colour tones
•The timelines are separated by detailed gloss and satin combined complex metallic layering
•Highly detailed metallic effect
•Each piece has been personally designed by Mondo and SteelBook from the front cover to the discs
•Packaged in a translucent sleeve with Mondo X SteelBook branding

00.jpg

01.jpg 02.jpg 03.jpg 04.jpg 05.jpg 06.jpg 07.jpg

Exclusive HDN Preview Video

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the pics, it looks good! They really should have stuck the numbered sticker on the slipcase though instead of the shrink wrap.

That would have been an improvement for sure. I would say that isn't even good enough in this case though. We are paying $10 extra for a limited edition set. In my opinion that should warrant a number printed on the steel. Not sure about everyone else, but I collect steelbooks, not stickers and slipcovers.

Thanks for the pics, it looks good! They really should have stuck the numbered sticker on the slipcase though instead of the shrink wrap.

I was in a FutureShop in Toronto yesterday and it looked like it had been pillaged by a rampaging hoard of Ninjas! No Looper's left and only 2 Boyhood's!

I was in a FutureShop in Toronto yesterday and it looked like it had been pillaged by a rampaging hoard of Ninjas! No Looper's left and only 2 Boyhood's!
Hum... stores only get really limited stock of Mondo release.
Drive: 4-5 per store
Boyhood: 5-8 sd per store (no variant)
Looper: 2-3 sd per store (no variant)

I'm actually mildly disappointed in this line of steelbooks so far. I love the artwork, I love the exclusivity, but I'm not a fan of the design inconsistency so far across 3 releases (4 after Rambo). To start:

1) Drive has no variant edition - and as of now Rambo doesn't either. I'm sure there's some sort of logical reason this choice was made but for OCD/completists like myself it's a collecting nightmare.
and
2) The design of the slipcovers for both regular and variant editions. Look at rj531's post (thanks for posting pics!) 3 posts above mine to see the differences. On the variants, the sticker is a major eyesore. I love my numbered editions as much as the next guy but these don't look good. For the regulars, the top left corner with the Bluray/DVD/Digital Copy logos are different on all 3 so far. Both in terms of sizing and with what's included in the package. The Mondo X Steelbook/Future Shop banner across the middle isn't in the same location or the same size on any of the three - wtf?

Don't get me wrong, it's not enough to stop me from buying any of these because I love the style - but it looks lazy and sloppy when you line them up together. I appreciate each and every one of them in isolation though, and I can't wait to see more.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: bonakaze
I'm actually mildly disappointed in this line of steelbooks so far. I love the artwork, I love the exclusivity, but I'm not a fan of the design inconsistency so far across 3 releases (4 after Rambo). To start:

1) Drive has no variant edition - and as of now Rambo doesn't either. I'm sure there's some sort of logical reason this choice was made but for OCD/completists like myself it's a collecting nightmare.
and
2) The design of the slipcovers for both regular and variant editions. Look at rj531's post (thanks for posting pics!) 3 posts above mine to see the differences. On the variants, the sticker is a major eyesore. I love my numbered editions as much as the next guy but these don't look good. For the regulars, the top left corner with the Bluray/DVD/Digital Copy logos are different on all 3 so far. Both in terms of sizing and with what's included in the package. The Mondo X Steelbook/Future Shop banner across the middle isn't in the same location or the same size on any of the three - wtf?

Don't get me wrong, it's not enough to stop me from buying any of these because I love the style - but it looks lazy and sloppy when you line them up together. I appreciate each and every one of them in isolation though, and I can't wait to see more.

Agreed ! the only things that its perfect for OCD is the number on the spine !
Thanks for the pic @zerox39
image2-jpg.139663

Reactions: lolwut
Is the gold sticker on the variant supposed to be a gold credit from the movie? I've looked at this a few times and never thought about it until now. :rofl: