Montréal
#003 RAMBO FIRST BLOOD BLU-RAY STEELBOOK IS A FUTURESHOP EXCLUSIVE! Read here

Release date: 24 March 2015
Purchase link: Futushop.ca
Price: $26.99
Group Buy: Drum18 & biscuitnoir
Notes: Region free

m2216171.jpg

MSB_FirstBlood_front_angle.pngMSB_FirstBlood_back_sleeve.pngMSB_FirstBlood_inside_disc_insert.pngMSB_FirstBlood.png

HDN Exclusive Video

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG!! :OMG:

I already own the steelbooks of Rambo, but this one is incredible!
If Futureshop release part 1 they should also release part 2 - 4 for a complete Mondo collection :happy::D

Yeah imo some releases don't need a variant based on the 2 art choices mondo used. Like this one I never enjoyed the regular. Too much red. Now if they got with ken and mondo and did a new variant via slip that'd be worth pursuing. But without I'd say some releases just don't need a variant w same art

However I'd still buy another
Drive with stouts variant that had diff art. and of course Taylor's drive. Hehe

However I'd still buy another
Drive with stouts variant that had diff art. and of course Taylor's drive. Hehe

I know I'm banging the same drum here and that people are tired of new Drive releases/me wanting more, but somebody make this happen!! :p ;)

Reactions: vurt and dan8885
Steelbook Art looks much better than the poster. Too much red like @Wreck said.

I must say I really adore that artwork. Chapeau to @Snollygoster :drool: Back looks a little bit boring but the front looks so perfect to me. Love the Stallone First Blood lettering. And the Disc Artwork is excellent :hungry:

Reactions: Snollygoster
@dotphil

What?

I wasn't at all being arsey.

Don't be so thin skinned.

How else could I have replied to it, because there is a variant edition that being the one up already, the regular was the mostly red one I posted.

Reactions: Wreck
Much like a few of the others that have already commented, would be awesome to get all the Mondo series, but I don't know about Boyhood and while the artwork for Looper looks awesome, I've never seen it so don't know if it was worth me getting.

This however, I'm all over and it makes me wonder if Mondo will do the other classic Rambo films to have matching artwork. So glad for the guys that host the group buys.

I was in the same boat. Of the 4 releases Looper is the only movie I like but I like the Mondo series itself so I've ordered all 4 releases.

As far as another Rambo I'm really hoping that's not the next release, I'm not sure I can stay on board if I can't get titles that peak my interest.

I was in the same boat. Of the 4 releases Looper is the only movie I like but I like the Mondo series itself so I've ordered all 4 releases.

As far as another Rambo I'm really hoping that's not the next release, I'm not sure I can stay on board if I can't get titles that peak my interest.

Don't think my wallet would allow me to buy the whole series with films I may not like.

Whoa, think you're the first person I've heard say they don't like First Blood.

Reactions: C.C. 95 and Matt X
@TheJoker I definitely want to collect the entire series of mondo, ever since I started collecting steels a year ago I wanted to do a series. I am so far behind on kimchi, and blufans that it would cost me so much money to buy them all from #1. Then PA came along and I was all over that until they released blue if the warmest color. Then Nova came along but they are pushing out titles way too fast (similar to PA, their series is full slips and steels too). HDzeta is the only series where I have all the steelbooks.

But then once I realized mondo will be releasing a steelbook every month (it appears so) I had to take a step back and come to terms with the fact that it just won't happen financially and it's possible the movies they release in the future I won't like (boyhood for example, reviews look stellar but I don't think I'm interested in the movie..just wanted it for the collection).

I guess the moral of my story is: you should only collect steelbooks of movies you really enjoy, trying to collect for a series is a pain. With that said, I want this Rambo but I'll have to do something with my Boyhood :p

Reactions: TheJoker
Am I the only person who thinks the artwork is dire? Nearly as bad as these UK steelbooks like "the Day the Earth Stood Still' and "the Rocky Horror Show' a few years back.....

Is that bilingual text on the spine? I can barely tell what it says but the first pic has it. Whatever it is, pretty sure I'm in for this one.