Release date: July 28th, 2015
Purchase link: Target.com
Price: $24.99
Group buy: apsmith21
Notes: Region Free.

f1.png

f2.pngf5.pngf6.pngfg31.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm, I'm not gonna lie. I was hoping for something else. :p Martin Ansin's print is cool though so I'm gonna keep my collection going of course. :)

Reactions: Bluprint

This is a Target USA exclusive bud, it won't be coming to Canada. Guaranteed.

So the future mondo line is no longer bestbuy Canada exclusive?

Mondo x Steelbook was always meant to be a cross retailer and country line. Meaning that the number in the series would be unique, but it was never meant to be Canada only.

If the Mondo & Target run does well, you could see other future releases in the USA.

God, i jumped on the mondo x collection cause it was in canada, now ill have to jump in group buys a pay a lot of fees... :(
I think im gonna stop roght here i guess

To be fair, a $3 fee per copy, which is donated to this site's operation (note that you don't pay anything to use), is a pittance for the work that I (and other group buy hosts) put into these.

Everything else on any group buy I do is absolute cost, there are no hidden up charges, and I would say that I personally beat ebay prices by a mile. :)

This is a Target USA exclusive bud, it won't be coming to Canada. Guaranteed.

Mondo x Steelbook was always meant to be a cross retailer and country line. Meaning that the number in the series would be unique, but it was never meant to be Canada only.

If the Mondo & Target run does well, you could see other future releases in the USA.
Ahh cool, glad that the retailer badge was dropped from sleeve, my only concern is that quality doesn't drop if this becomes more mass produced. That said I'm loving this flash Gordon release.

To be fair, a $3 fee per copy, which is donated to this site's operation (note that you don't pay anything to use), is a pittance for the work that I (and other group buy hosts) put into these.

Everything else on any group buy I do is absolute cost, there are no hidden up charges, and I would say that I personally beat ebay prices by a mile. :)
Yeah, but with the canadian dollars, we have to put an extra 20$ at least ! But yes, i less than ebay.

Ahh cool, glad that the retailer badge was dropped from sleeve, my only concern is that quality doesn't drop if this becomes more mass produced. That said I'm loving this flash Gordon release.

I don't know the print run, but I can tell you that they did not print a ton of these.

I would not be surprised if it's a minimum run

Yeah, but with the canadian dollars, we have to put an extra 20$ at least ! But yes, i less than ebay.

LOL - well that's not my fault. It wasn't too long ago that the Canadian dollar and USA dollar were almost equal, right? :p

And I dealt with this for years as a collector against the strong Euro and the weak USA dollar...

(still cheaper than a NOVA release shipped to your door!)

LOL - well that's not my fault. It wasn't too long ago that the Canadian dollar and USA dollar were almost equal, right? :p

And I dealt with this for years as a collector against the strong Euro and the weak USA dollar...

(still cheaper than a NOVA release shipped to your door!)
Yes i know, i wasnt saying it was your fault. I was just agreeing with @runk0002 , that is sad that you start a collection and everything change. Its like if Plain Archive was now in canada, Korean will be a little bit upset i guess !

But thanks for the Group buy, very nice :)

Reactions: apsmith21
Has target got the rights to mondo now or is it still a mix between target and best buy
Just hope all future releases are kept to same design as original 6 releases

Has target got the rights to mondo now or is it still a mix between target and best buy
Just hope all future releases are kept to same design as original 6 releases

Right now we have two active retailers - we know that Best Buy CA will continue based on past success, and I believe Target USA is in the wait and see realm right now.

I believe Mondo & Steelbook have said from the start that they want to keep the look & feel the same, no matter when they are eventually sold.

Mondo retains the rights to the artwork, so it's retailer that's licensing from them in order to create the steelbook. If they want to only ever print 1 Flash Gordon, Mondo will never issue a license for this again in steelbook.

Right now we have two active retailers - we know that Best Buy CA will continue based on past success, and I believe Target USA is in the wait and see realm right now.

I believe Mondo & Steelbook have said from the start that they want to keep the look & feel the same, no matter when they are eventually sold.

Mondo retains the rights to the artwork, so it's retailer that's licensing from them in order to create the steelbook. If they want to only ever print 1 Flash Gordon, Mondo will never issue a license for this again in steelbook.

Could we get any insight as to why this one is Target USA only?