Release date: July 28th, 2015
Purchase link: Target.com
Price: $24.99
Group buy: apsmith21
Notes: Region Free.

f1.png

f2.pngf5.pngf6.pngfg31.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
After reading the official announcement via Mondo's website...I notice they don't speak to any special features. Is this release going to be barebones? Usually special features are mapped out on the announcement page.

I think we have to assume it will have the same special features of the already released disc - would be the same pressing, IMO

Reactions: jacobsever
Feeling awfully torn on this one. I've got all the Mondo steelbooks released so far... but I'm not the biggest fan of Flash Gordon. I don't mind it but I don't love it really. That artwork is terrific though. Gotta put my thinking cap on, I reckon.

From Mondo's website:

"
Mondo x SteelBook® is pleased to present our first release available in the USA, #006: FLASH GORDON! In conjunction with Universal Pictures, we’re incredibly excited to release the 1980 sci-fi space adventure based on one of the most influential comics of all time.

This isn’t the first time we’ve used Martin Ansin’s artwork on a SteelBook (see #001: Looper), and are thrilled to have another opportunity to rework his incredible style into the SteelBook format. His artwork for FLASH GORDON - which was first released as a poster at a Mondo Gallery show last year - translates so well onto the outside, enhanced with a beautiful glossy finish, and extends into inside of the case & disc.

Flash Gordon in Mondo x SteelBook® is available to pre-order now and will be shipping from Target on July 28. Click here to Pre-Order! "

http://mondotees.com/blogs/news/27961219-mondo-x-steelbook-006-flash-gordon

I've honestly never seen Flash Gordon, but glad we're getting Mondo x SteelBook releases in the US, hopefully this continues.

Welcome to our world. I've been spending around $40USD/$49CAD + for all previous 6 titles.
All i say is they say futureshop made a partnership with mondo to distribute mondo X steelbook.

My thoughts: Cool im from Canada, ill follow the collection.
000: Canada
001: Canada
002: Canada
003: Canada
004: Canada
005: Canada
My thoughts: cool i'll continue to buy them...

006: USA ?!?!?

You know what im saying ?

All i say is if it wasnt from canada at the beggining, i would've neevr started it. Im not complaining. I'm happy that USA got Mondo too. It's just that they should have done it a different way. Not number 006 !.
It is just that, im sad. The Mondo X xxx should've be only canada (like they did for the first 6) and maybe the USA make something different (from mondo)

Last edited:
I received my Pan's Mondo steel today and its beautiful, but I'd have to say with this Target news, today is far more bitter than sweet. I am not one of the people who believes this should remain 100% Canadian. Considering from everything I've read, this series began and thrived thanks to the partnership of Futureshop (Canadian), @zerox39 (Canadian) and Mondo(American) it would only be fair in my opinion that it at least remains a shared release line with FS/Bestbuy Canada. What would be wrong with having Best Buy Canada and Target US share the release? I definitely feel for all of the collectors who have had to join group buys for the first 6 releases. As much as I really wanted to continue with collecting this full set of steels, I can't bring myself to paying $50 for this film no matter how nice the art is. Its unfortunate that this is not going to be a complete collection for me. If the other 2 June releases are also Target exclusives then I guess I'm going to be even further from the full collection. I now regret buying Boyhood as I would never have bought that one if not for having the full collection in mind.

difference is I said from the very beginning multiple times the idea would be that one day these would be global and the numbering would stay in line. All of which comes from me as an insider. So its not like it wasn't known. If you really dont like it ... the good news is you will soon have a lot of incoming USA collectors who will be happy to purchase yours above retail. So not really losing either way.

But I do understand the sentiment of having something exclusive to your Country .... well, sort of ... since USA gets the shaft many times :p

Some locations in Canada can be shipped one steel in a box for as little as $8 ... of course that is USD. @svenning

on the other hand, maybe people would be willing to trade you a USA release for something ... thus taking some sting out of it. *shrug*

I received my Pan's Mondo steel today and its beautiful, but I'd have to say with this Target news, today is far more bitter than sweet. I am not one of the people who believes this should remain 100% Canadian. Considering from everything I've read, this series began and thrived thanks to the partnership of Futureshop (Canadian), @zerox39 (Canadian) and Mondo(American) it would only be fair in my opinion that it at least remains a shared release line with FS/Bestbuy Canada. What would be wrong with having Best Buy Canada and Target US share the release? I definitely feel for all of the collectors who have had to join group buys for the first 6 releases. As much as I really wanted to continue with collecting this full set of steels, I can't bring myself to paying $50 for this film no matter how nice the art is. Its unfortunate that this is not going to be a complete collection for me. If the other 2 June releases are also Target exclusives then I guess I'm going to be even further from the full collection. I now regret buying Boyhood as I would never have bought that one if not for having the full collection in mind.
Im too waiting for the next 2... if its still USA only, i'll have to forget that collection. I know it doesnt change anything or almost anything for the ROW, but i wasnt willing to buy 50 release date steelbooks.. this is why i dont collect asian steels... now, it almost the same for us canadian (with group buys). All the canadian that wasnt willing to pay that much of money would maybe stop collecting that mondo line

Reactions: bonakaze