Release date: July 28th, 2015
Purchase link: Target.com
Price: $24.99
Group buy: apsmith21
Notes: Region Free.

f1.png

f2.pngf5.pngf6.pngfg31.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Right now we have two active retailers - we know that Best Buy CA will continue based on past success, and I believe Target USA is in the wait and see realm right now.

I believe Mondo & Steelbook have said from the start that they want to keep the look & feel the same, no matter when they are eventually sold.

Mondo retains the rights to the artwork, so it's retailer that's licensing from them in order to create the steelbook. If they want to only ever print 1 Flash Gordon, Mondo will never issue a license for this again in steelbook.
Thanks for the info Andy , I want every one of these releases , it don't matter what the movie is , who releases it , as long as all spines and designs stay the same , bring on mondo

Could we get any insight as to why this one is Target USA only?

Because Target USA got the exclusive to this title from Mondo & Steelbook - it's just like any retailer getting an exclusive, sometimes things are done a global level, other times they are done for just one country.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: JRT
@apsmith21 @Wreck If Target US is going to get into the Mondo SteelBook business, can we make sure that they change their handling practices for them? No security cases at the store and better shipping packages for .com orders?? Sending these steels in their crappy mailers they have now would be a terrible thing :(

@apsmith21 @Wreck If Target US is going to get into the Mondo SteelBook business, can we make sure that they change their handling practices for them? No security cases at the store and better shipping packages for .com orders?? Sending these steels in their crappy mailers they have now would be a terrible thing :(

I don't know if it's been stated, but from what I heard, you won't have to worry about looking for this in-store. ;)

Beyond that, we've passed on packaging feedback before, and I'm not so certain they would go the UK retailer route on developing special packaging just for steelbooks.

I don't know if it's been stated, but from what I heard, you won't have to worry about looking for this in-store. ;)

Beyond that, we've passed on packaging feedback before, and I'm not so certain they would go the UK retailer route on developing special packaging just for steelbooks.
Online only you're saying?? :naughty:

How about special Mondo bubble-wrap or something then? They just need more protection than what is currently out there :thumbs:

Reactions: Bluprint
It's not a film I would've chose for a Mondo release, but as always, the artwork is too nice to pass on! Really glad it's region free too. :D

Reactions: spass
cheers for the tag @harry

what is most strange i was only thinking about this very film the other day and wishing was on a steelbook, how damn spooky is that EEK!EEK!EEK!EEK!
well my wife will have to suffer now :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
ordered on the gb now my first mondo :drool:

@Scary Hair shame on you, you have goto get this and drive them nuts you know you wanna :LOL:
i will be :D

basil:thumbs:

Reactions: harry
would really love to keep this mondo line going but not sure about this release. Asked a few people & they said it's pretty bad...i have never seen it...so what do you all think of it?

It's pretty bad. I think It's one of those 'you needed to have been there' kind of films. I wasn't and turned it off.

After reading the official announcement via Mondo's website...I notice they don't speak to any special features. Is this release going to be barebones? Usually special features are mapped out on the announcement page.