Exclusive HDN article - read more here

REGION FREE!

#016 in the Mondo x Steelbook line is LABYRINTH! With Art by Todd Slater

lab_spread.png

lab_slip.png

lab_front.png

lab_back.png

Last edited by a moderator:
So in that case i assume you're not collecting FAC, Novamedia, Plain Archive, Kimchidvd, Zavvi and/or other retailer-exclusive steelbooks, that you have to pay "fortune shipping overseas" for, right? Oh and you're not hunting treasures then.. ;)

Nope. Just Zavvi collections like the Disney steelbooks. Not really all to do with just shipping, I just like things being released in the UK and collect UK releases.

Like I said would be hurt to have a 100 or so released in the UK on Zavvi or Amazon.

Besides FAC. Novamedia, Kimchidvd have not had steelbooks released in the UK by someone like Zavvi who has managed to get their hands on a Mondo one. The Reservoir Dogs one was a Target Exclusive but made it's way to Zavvi, but I've never really seen something from FAC/Nova/Kimchi have the same treatment so it's not a good comparison.

In the end if Zavvi got Reservoir Dogs they can surely get other Mondo ones released in other places so people don't need to do group buys and the like to get them.

Nope. Just Zavvi collections like the Disney steelbooks. Not really all to do with just shipping, I just like things being released in the UK and collect UK releases.

Like I said would be hurt to have a 100 or so released in the UK on Zavvi or Amazon.

Besides FAC. Novamedia, Kimchidvd have not had steelbooks released in the UK by someone like Zavvi who has managed to get their hands on a Mondo one. The Reservoir Dogs one was a Target Exclusive but made it's way to Zavvi, but I've never really seen something from FAC/Nova/Kimchi have the same treatment so it's not a good comparison.

In the end if Zavvi got Reservoir Dogs they can surely get other Mondo ones released in other places so people don't need to do group buys and the like to get them.

the older titles that you mention have bestbuy or futureshop exclusive printed on slip and were sold as exclusive to those shops so they can't be sold by zavvi.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: apsmith21
True, when I intially saw the artwork at preorder I thought it might have some kind of paint finish like ex machina but nope

The problem for me is that I had an expectation based on past releases. This is nice, don't get me wrong, but not when held to the same standard as the ones that came before it.

Uncertain if I should be worried about future releases...

:squint:

The problem for me is that I had an expectation based on past releases. This is nice, don't get me wrong, but not when held to the same standard as the ones that came before it.

Uncertain if I should be worried about future releases...

:squint:

nah, terminator 2 was like this then they pull ex machina, boonbock saints, nightcrawler and highlander out the hat

Strange coincidence that the cheapest looking Mondo steelbook is a Zavvi exclusive one. :cautious:
Strange isn't it...

and gotta say this release is reallll quiet compared to other Mondo's.... not a lot of in hands pictures yet... Glad I'm not a fan of the movie so I didn't picked this one up...

Strange isn't it...

and gotta say this release is reallll quiet compared to other Mondo's.... not a lot of in hands pictures yet... Glad I'm not a fan of the movie so I didn't picked this one up...
I see a lot of photos and buzz about it on social media, but not so much on here... seems to be more popular amongst people who aren't collectors, because I suppose they know no better lol. I adore this film, so I'm ecstatic to finally have a steel for it! And as a steelbook in general, I really like it. But as a Mondo steelbook, it's a little disappointing. Like Andy said... we've come to expect a certain standard when it comes to Mondo, and this one didn't quite deliver unfortunately. Hopefully this was just a one-off and they'll soon get back on track!

I see a lot of photos and buzz about it on social media, but not so much on here... seems to be more popular amongst people who aren't collectors, because I suppose they know no better lol. I adore this film, so I'm ecstatic to finally have a steel for it! And as a steelbook in general, I really like it. But as a Mondo steelbook, it's a little disappointing. Like Andy said... we've come to expect a certain standard when it comes to Mondo, and this one didn't quite deliver unfortunately. Hopefully this was just a one-off and they'll soon get back on track!

Even the USA ones, while plagued with issues (that I saw) were top notch. And I guess if I hadn't been "spoiled" by those, I'd be perfectly content with something like this.

It's not a bad steelbook. It just didn't meet my somewhat lofty expectations.

You know what? IMO, some company get the contract to release steelbook with glossy finish others debossing and others matte finish.

Remember its IMO.
Most Disney Release are Glossy and deboss
Most Studio canal Are mate with no gloss or debossing
Most Lionsgate Can have different design across borders and turn to be more awesome than local/original first release.

Remember its IMO.

I Can be wrong.