Embossed treatment

10836030-1376475545-983305.jpg

10836030-1377591695-422215.jpg

10836030-1376475562-96203.jpg

Actual pictures:

twelve1.jpg

twelve2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That artwork is a big no-no for me! We (here in the UK) have waited years for a Twelve Monkeys SteelBook, and this is the best they can come up with? No thanks! They should have stuck with the iconic red background and white monkey logo, embossed

This looks like a lazy effort, reminiscent of many of the "cheap & cheerful" PLAY.com releases from last year...

Reactions: Hooch and Andy CYP
I don't remember Bruce Willis being a cyborg in this :naughty:

The front artwork is deceiving. If it weren't for the thread title and Twelve Monkeys logo, I would never have been able to tell you what film this was based on just the front cover artwork!

I'd like to know what the designer of this SteelBook was actually thinking, and why the studio didn't just go along with the traditional white embossed logo on a red background (Battle Royale is a good example as a comparison to how this should have been)

I know the price is just a place holder but normally they are £19.99 then they get reduced to £14.99 so if this is one is £24.99 will it be £19.99

I would guess they didnt use the monkey logo on the front because its been done 100 other times already, and they want the steel to stand out and be unique.

:movie:

but yeah, they shoulda used a more recognizable image as it is hard to tell what movie it is, from what they went with. ...perhaps they shoudla had the 12 monkeys logo behind the faces, or combined both images somehow

Last edited:
Finally in steelbook,:LOL:but the price is high Zavvi.EEK! It should be 14.99. I hope the price will go down

I would guess they didnt use the monkey logo on the front because its been done 100 other times already, and they want the steel to stand out and be unique.

:movie:

but yeah, they shoulda used a more recognizable image as it is hard to tell what movie it is, from what they went with. ...perhaps they shoudla had the 12 monkeys logo behind the faces, or combined both images somehow

They could stick a picture of a turd on the front, maybe emboss it and give it a spot gloss finish. That would be unique and would certainly stand out. As I have said before, it's about picking the right artwork, it doesn't matter if it has been used a million times if it looks fantastic.

Upon seeing this SteelBook announced, I remembered what a great film it is and rushed to Amazon to see whether I could grab it cheap on Blu-Ray. It seems that it's due for a re-release at the end of August, as part of the "Original Poster Series", which would perhaps explain the reasons for opting for this particular artwork for the SteelBook:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00E1ECQGM/?tag=hidefnin-21

81mGMB8lj6L._SL1500_.jpg

Another cheap looking steel just as "The Game" :( Shame because it's a good movie, front artwork smells photoshop especially part with Brad Pitt face. No title on the front results in that someone who has not seen this movie at first sight would think that it is some new part of Terminator :)

Reactions: ABjerg
That price puts me right off.
I loved the movie (only watched it recently for the first time) and picked up the HMV slipbox release in a 5 for £30 deal.
I would like a steelbook of it, but not for £24.99, im sure it will drop, but probably to more like £19.99 - still to much for a back catalogue release unless it in the same league as a blufans release.

Reactions: Ricker
Not sure why some of you want text on the front?

You know which film it is.
If you do not, it is shown on the spine.
Seldom will a text enhance any image?

Last edited:
Reactions: runnersdialzero