300: Rise Of An Empire (3D + 2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Entertainment Store Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
HDN is proud to bring you this exclusive news:

The Entertainment Store have worked hard with the studio to bring you exclusive steelbook artwork seen nowhere else in the world.

Artwork and finish details:

• World Exclusive Artwork (WEA)
• Zero finish
• Limited to 4,000 copies
• Contains 3D and 2D Blu-Ray discs
• Region Free discs

Release date: 29th September 2014
Pre-orders will go live on Friday 8th August.
Link: 300: Rise of an Empire
Price: £24.99
Group Buy: Naughtius Maximus < click name to join

In the meantime, their full range of Steelbooks is available here:http://www.rakuten.co.uk/shop/the-e...arch/Steelbook/?l-id=gb_product_inshop_search

The Entertainment Store has been trading on RakutenPlay.com and eBay Marketplaces since 2013 and is proud to retail only authentic and high quality Entertainment goods, delivered to customers direct from the Studio and Publishers.

WEA front cover

300 wea es.jpeg

300 es back.jpg
300 es inside.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 342
Last edited:
I'll be very surprised (and pleased) if it's below £20. Considering Zavvi want £27 for the other steelbook, this will still be a no brainer even if it is priced over £20.

Reactions: Heche1981
Erm, why do we need two SteelBook releases for a film which didn't exactly light the critics on fire? Did it do so surprisingly well at the box office that warrants two separate UK SteelBooks? I think not.

More's the point, why does the uber-expensive CE not include a SteelBook?

Also, not too keen on the massive "3D" text slapped on the front like an afterthought! It ruins the look of the artwork completely! Why could this not have been printed on the J-card instead? I understand the need to clearly display that this film is in 3D, but why ruin great artwork for the sake of it? I hope studios take notice and stop doing this in the very near future!

I'll be very surprised (and pleased) if it's below £20. Considering Zavvi want £27 for the other steelbook, this will still be a no brainer even if it is priced over £20.

Given Entertainment Store's current trend of being greedy with exclusive SteelBooks, expect this to be similarly priced aroud £27-£28. It's a standard 4,000 print run, so there's no reason why this shouldn't be £20-£22 maximum, but then again there's no reason why Zavvi should be charging a whopping £27 for the other more widely available SteelBook!

Yup, need to get rid of that 3D logo, doesn't even fit the rest of the font. And again, yes, this needs to be kept to a decent price considering how so many baulked at Zavvi's £27 price mark. Look after you loyal customers EE and keep this release at no more than £20 please.

Another recent film by them. I liked it when they were doing older films

Plus that 3D in the title is ugly as hell.

Last edited:
Reactions: harry
"The Entertainment Store has been trading on RakutenPlay.com and eBay Marketplaces since 2013 and is proud to retail only authentic and high quality Entertainment goods, delivered to customers direct from the Studio and Publishers."

i bought true romance steel from ES ebay account. it never arrived. :mad:

It's getting easier by the day to resist pre-ordering these. Two 300 steelbooks :jawdrop: yet not a single Lego Movie special edition of any kind in the UK. Who's making these decisions?

Reactions: Scary Hair
So Entertainment Store are aware of Zavvi releasing their own 300 SB so Warner Bros. decide to give ES their own exclusive? I can't be the only one who is still eagerly awaiting the WD Season 4 SB? Can't Entertainment Store just try to get Jock to make that?

WEA is nice n all, but I prefer the Spanish version due to no 3D on the cover and I quite like the World Wide Art.
The Spanish version has no 3D disk though - the Norwegian, Finnish etc. releases were the best IMO - including the 3D disk but with no 3D text on the Steelbook/spine - plus actually cheaper than the Spanish version on release.
I paid £15.50 delivered for my version from Finland, the Spanish version cost me £19.87 but arrived damaged (so Amazon refunded me) hence getting the Finnish version to replace it (unlike the Spanish version, the disk titles are also in English).

So Entertainment Store are aware of Zavvi releasing their own 300 SB so Warner Bros. decide to give ES their own exclusive? I can't be the only one who is still eagerly awaiting the WD Season 4 SB? Can't Entertainment Store just try to get Jock to make that?
The other steelbook is not a Zavvi exclusive its available from all retailers

I like the Artwork on this but it will depend on the price
I would have preferred it to be a glossy steelbook than zero finish

This should be available to international customers as the last 3 announced steelbooks from Entertainment Store have been available to pre order and ship international

3D ALL over it AGAIN make it more flogging subtle and pushing thirty quid :muted: = HELL NO :stop:.

I will be more than chuffed with the Amazon relise at £18 my first future pack to one happy Ninja here :oohyeah: :emb: :kiss: .