Status
Not open for further replies.

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
hey HiDefNinja members!

A number of you have pm'd me over the last few days asking about surfury (Dave) and some of the outstanding items he has for you.

I thought it best to contact him directly and give you an update as best as I can.

By Dave's own admission, he has taken on too many group buys all at once. As you can see by the requesting list, there are in some group buys, hundreds of copies requested. Unfortunately, he fell behind some time ago with some different problems that popped up.

Many of you have additionally requested to combine shipping on these items, even with group buys that just arrived to him.

Given that many of you have outstanding items across many of his group buys, you'll note that each one of these has to be individually weighed and invoiced in terms of shipping to give you an accurate quote.

I know that many of you are very worried right now, but I would like to assure you that Dave is working behind the scenes as best as he can to catch up on this massive amount of steel.

From my own personal standpoint, I would like to mention that Dave has never let me down, or the forum down in terms of not delivering items - I have complete confidence that you will receive these items, even if there are additional delays.

As such you'll note that Dave is not taking on any additional group buys from this calendar year for any titles not yet announced.

However, when possible for this current calendar year, HDN ourselves will be hosting a group buy, or in some cases, we can see other trusted members in the UK are helping.

Wreck and myself are working on doing anything we can to assist Dave in any manner he needs.

Please keep track of this thread - I'll try and post any updates I can that may benefit you all.

**Note that Dave has requested if you are truly concerned about your items that you can certainly e-mail him (rather than PM), those concerns.

I will do my best to assist via PM if you'd rather contact me, however, please give me a day or so to catch up before re-pm'ing.

If it helps any, I do believe we've got a system now in place where we do not have to put all the group buy responsibilities on one person, and I'm thankful we've had other members that have been able to step in and assist all of you members acquire the titles you are seeking without having to pay e-bay prices or markups.

Thank you.

I did not get the package from Dave yet never, but now I am a member of several of his GB nad I trust him just as before I trusted John (Masterblaster) GB and was not dissapointed. I do not mind that I have to wait to get those all steelbooks because the most important is this that in the end I get them without overpaying on ebay but from another friendly collector in mint condition, who knows how to pack them and well protected. So Dave you do not need to hurry because every well done job does not like to haste ;) I very much appreciate your effort and your personal time that you spent for doing this, so many Group Buys with multiple steelbooks and so many people to handle, it simply must last a bit.

P.S.
All invoices that have been sent to me by you to this time I paid immediately on the same or next day. I only have three steelbooks from your GB in which I am involved and for which has not paid yet: "Top Gun", "The Untouchables" and "Black Hawk Down" also I yet to get from you one more invoice for combined shipping.

Best regards,
Slawek

Reactions: surfury
Hi Dave

All invoices that you've submitted to me have been paid. The only outstanding payment is for shipping for 3 Steelbooks. As soon as you provide that invoice, I will pay.

Hi Dave

Payment for shipping and tracking for 3 Steelbooks has been made. Please let me know if you need my postal address details. They have been included on my PayPal payment, but let me know anyway.

Thanks so much and I think I echo others' sentiments when I say that I'm sorry for pestering you.

Still waiting on my shipping invoice.

Should be with you tonight.
icon14.gif

Reactions: blu-steel
A quick update folks

Well I am churning through these as fast as possible I promise you and am now "bolting" on combined shipment for Paramount 4/MiB Trilogy which are in my possesion and which I have paid for but not invoiced you for.

If you have combined postage from other GB's then with the notification of Invoice due I am asking for your current Paypal address. In my opinion this is the way forward and I know a lot of GB Hosts in the past have used this method.

I will NOT be combining the December play wave with any other shipment (except for a few I had previously agreed to) and I think this is the way forward. I may update this further and ask when you join a Group Buy of mine that you indicate whether you open shrink wrap for instance so if there are any problems I can get them sorted out soonest.

At the end of the day I am here for you, my fellow members, I am so grateful to Andy (apsmith21) and Quay (sunnyx) for stepping in as BR and OB would have killed me. Also to all the Staff and other Group Buy Leaders & Hosts who have been a great source of encouragement.

Expect some surprises in the New Year :scat: :ohno:

Hey Dave, I've sent you an e-mail. Please confirm that my package was sent to South Africa, and not the Republic of Korea.

(bites fingers nervously)

Hey Dave, I've sent you an e-mail. Please confirm that my package was sent to South Africa, and not the Republic of Korea.

(bites fingers nervously)

My receipt says South Africa NOT Korea, both Republics so that may be the problem, I can only assumed RM has f u somewhere. I'll keep in touch. :ohno: Was going to say "keep you posted", but probably not appropriate in the circumstances :D

Have a contact number so will ring in the morning.

Last edited:
Reactions: ripclaw
I'm seeing some members receiving there shipments. Not sure if you receive a PM shipping notice or is Dave just sending them out randomly? Just curious...

But as I stated before Dave should take his time. He's doing the best he can and everybody should just give him the benefit of the doubt.

My receipt says South Africa NOT Korea, both Republics so that may be the problem, I can only assumed RM has f u somewhere. I'll keep in touch. :ohno: Was going to say "keep you posted", but probably not appropriate in the circumstances :D

Have a contact number so will ring in the morning.

Thanks, Dave. I actually said "please keep me posted" in my reply to your e-mail (before reading this thread this morning), so don't worry; I'm not afraid of some gallows humour. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.