A History of Violence (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: August 10th, 2015
Purchase links: A History of Violence (live)
Price: £15.99

11090759-9744288605811302.JPG

11117375-1004294026893943.JPG

11117375-1354294026868077.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow now this is disappointing

I don't even mind some of Zavvi's worst artworks in the past, even Austin powers I don't hate, but this is terrible

I love this movie but unfortunately will not be getting it in a steelbook anytime soon it seems
clear.png

Reactions: spass
I can kinda see what they were going for with this one. The artwork kinda has a bit of a 80's vibe to it. Like, you could imagine a VHS cover like that. But then I do like the film a lot and would like to own it on steelbook - so maybe I'm just making excuses/trying to justify the purchase. Heh.

I would have liked to upgrade my amaray, but I just can't condone poor artwork. It's too expensive to just buy steelbooks because it's a steelbook. They had way better artwork available and they went with this? Red, black, and silver - the cheapest colors available for steelbooks apparently. Poor job, EIV and Zavvi.

I sometimes don't mind reprints, but my complain is why this title? Give us Forrest Gump, Cast Away or Black Hawk Down. The prices for those SBs are ridiculous.. :mad:

I sometimes don't mind reprints, but my complain is why this title? Give us Forrest Gump, Cast Away or Black Hawk Down. The prices for those SBs are ridiculous.. :mad:

I agree about the prices part, these older releases need to be less, it's not like they have a great overall package, no booklet or cards etc.

I just got this film on Blu a few days ago and was about to curse myself upon seeing this thread. Then I actually saw the art. :rofl: I don't need this at all it's more A History of Zavvi... terrible! :D

I don't hate all their output :p

This film seems to have gotten the shaft...twice now. That Canadian steelbook was no winner, either IMO. I still haven't upgraded my DVD copy of the film and was hoping this would finally be my chance to do so but, alas, it isn't. I actually don't think it's terrible but I won't be buying this.

It looks like most of the other steelbooks from Zavvi--which is to say very average-looking. Not sure why people expected something special from Zavvi.

Reactions: lolwut