A Serbian Film Blu-ray Limited Edition

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
October 25th releases the controversial "A Serbian Film" on blu-ray in limited edition special packaging. Perhaps a digipack?

asiberianfilm.jpg

http://www.invinciblepictures.com/store/node/20

Last edited by a moderator:
Brilliant film, although for outright sickfest nothing tops August Undergrounds Mordum.

In case of abstraction yes, but Serbian is quality cinema with nice camera work, music, acting etc. However "the baby scene" in my opinion looks funny and stupid and out of tone. It was a shocker just to shock...but in cartoon-like form. "I am Vukmir and I am your arch nemesis, see what i can do for money". :cool:

Milos who is watching it reminds me of Nick Cage that was watching 8MM film, and making his oscar like performance that was total crap.

So there are some silly moments, but in general it is great movie.

When someone asks you about movie you admire, it's in good manner to say: Citizen Kein, Laurence of Arabia, Serbian Film and Schindlers List :D

Reactions: PunkNinja
Ah, A Serbian Film... the perfect movie for a first date ;)

That's funny for mentioning. My first date movie with my wife was...Human Centipede :drool:. I have told her on the date that i have watched such movie about lips and butt (you know, i have wanted to show her how tought i am and that i watch such rare movies:D) and she was so curious about it that she sad she wants to see it.

After the film she wasn't so excited about it :hilarious:

Reactions: zoneism
That's funny for mentioning. My first date movie with my wife was...Human Centipede :drool:. I have told her on the date that i have watched such movie about lips and butt (you know, i have wanted to show her how tought i am and that i watch such rare movies:D) and she was so curious about it that she sad she wants to see it.

After the film she wasn't so excited about it :hilarious:

LMAO now that's a first date to remember!

In case of abstraction yes, but Serbian is quality cinema with nice camera work, music, acting etc. However "the baby scene" in my opinion looks funny and stupid and out of tone. It was a shocker just to shock...but in cartoon-like form. "I am Vukmir and I am your arch nemesis, see what i can do for money". :cool:

Milos who is watching it reminds me of Nick Cage that was watching 8MM film, and making his oscar like performance that was total crap.

So there are some silly moments, but in general it is great movie.

When someone asks you about movie you admire, it's in good manner to say: Citizen Kein, Laurence of Arabia, Serbian Film and Schindlers List :D

Oh Mordum isn't really a feature film, it's more a piece of very sick art and an endurance test than watchable film. It's sole purpose is to shock. Serbian Film is a proper movie and a very well made one that that. :thumbs:

it is indeed a very well made film. whilst i can fully appreciate peoples objections to its existence, i actually found it to be not as hard to watch as i thought it would be. personally, i found the 10 minute **** scene in irreversible far more harrowing!!

my blu-ray from austria lasts 103:39min.
so 104 min. should be the uncut version,

BUT

the link to amazon you posted shows just the DVD version not blu-ray ;)

it's just a funny little exploitation flick that definitely succeeds in its purposes (being sick, polarizing, and outrageous).

the final showdown is so over the top, it's just hilarious. :hilarious: definitely not meant to be taken seriously.

Reactions: psychoscot