Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Untitled Alien Project

Genre: Science Fiction, Horror

Director: Fede Álvarez

Plot: A standalone story in the Alien universe, unconnected to the previous films.

Cool poster. Excited to finally see someone else have a crack at Alien again, even though I do thoroughly enjoy all of Ridley's.

Reactions: Lone Crusader

Screen Shot 2024-06-03 at 3.05.57 PM.png

:shipped:

Some nice face-fuggin' there, and last shot shows how everyone wants Ripley there again, but instead we have meager coleslaw Spam... I mean Caley Spaeny. :cautious:

Completely forgot Caliee Spaeny was in this... seems like she's the next upcoming big thing, and I'm here for it! Trailer looks VERY promising.

As the kids would say it looks pretty mid imo

Nothing I haven't seen before and with heavy British accents dominating the trailer I can't help but get a budget feel to it all. Hope to be proved wrong as an epic new Alien film would be great

Reactions: Lenny Nero
As the kids would say it looks pretty mid imo

Nothing I haven't seen before and with heavy British accents dominating the trailer I can't help but get a budget feel to it all. Hope to be proved wrong as an epic new Alien film would be great
British accents? Like John Hurt and Ian Holm from that 1979 movie, the name of which escapes me..... It was filmed in England, with a British crew, had a British director too. What was it again? :coffee:

British accents? Like John Hurt and Ian Holm from that 1979 movie, the name of which escapes me..... It was filmed in England, with a British crew, had a British director too. What was it again?

Something tells me the line readings from Hurt or Holm would sound decidedly different to: “Thuz sa’int in da fah*in wa’er”….”That ting’s huhhhtun us”.

Something tells me the line readings from Hurt or Holm would sound decidedly different to: “Thuz sa’int in da fah*in wa’er”….”That ting’s huhhhtun us”.

To be honest I'm quite happy to hear a regional accent instead of the usual theatre trained, cut glass "Queens English".

The actor is from Kingston Upon Thames (London) and I think different regional accents can give a certain authentic feel to a lived in world - Brian Glover's Yorkshire accent in Alien 3 for instance, or Bill Paxton's Texan twang in Aliens.

Just me, but I think it enriches the diversity and adds a little characterisation.