Amazon (Non-US) - Retailer Thread [Multiple]

amazonlogo.jpg

Feel free to discuss any service, shipping and other matters related to the international (non-US) Amazon sites here. Share feedback, discuss packaging, etc.

Contact links for...

Amazon France for 2. Sélectionnez un problème select the Contact Us in English option from the dropdown list.
Amazon Germany for 2. Bitte wählen Sie ein Thema select the Write to us in English option from the dropdown list.
Amazon Spain for 2. Selecciona un problema select the Would you like some help in English? option from the dropdown list.
Amazon Italy for 2. Seleziona un argomento select the Email Us in English option from the dropdown list.

ORIGINALY reported by Buffalo MX

Hey guys! Wanted to share this with my fellow US & Canada members.

I suppose some of our European members can benefit from this as well.

I think this is very news worthy for all us steelbook collectors, so it deserves it's own thread for now. :scat:

I just got an order in from amazon.de and I was very surprised at the SIZE
of the box that appeared, just for 6 steelbooks. Well, it appears that for any
NEW release, that they haven't packaged up yet or a catalog release that might be on backorder (like my order of Judge Dredd was), they have a new box. EEK! :oohyeah:

We all remember that the package had been improved recently to bubble wrap inside a foldover box. :movie:

Well, now there is a new box, frustration free packaging, SPECIFICALLY labeled for steelbooks / metal packaging. :drool:

Pics below of the box, before opening and then after I opened it.
105_3955.jpg

105_3956.jpg

105_3957.jpg

105_3958.jpg

105_3959.jpg

105_3960.jpg

Last edited:
It is nice to see that they are trying to get us or steels in the condition they are supposed to be in and not damaged. I guess this became more cost effective for them to changed their shipping then having you keep a damaged one and than sending you another.

Good news. Got Attack the Block and Warrior which should be shipped in the next couple of weeks, so will interesting to check out his box for myself

Hola Andy,

I started the very same post several weeks ago and was moved https://www.hidefninja.com/forums/showpost.php?p=199588&postcount=573

Thanks Buffalo - I hadn't seen that.

I think this needs its own thread for a while - because amazon has been shipping steelbooks for sooooooooo long that one way, everyone should know that they've changed.

I believe it's not going to be just amazon.de - as tutter mentioned, it looks like a Europe wide thing - so amazon.co.uk, amazon.fr, etc will also have similar packaging soon - if they don't already.

I'm very happy with the new packaging as well. Just don't understand why they didn't start this back in '08 when steelbooks started flooding the market :rolleyes:

I'm very happy with the new packaging as well. Just don't understand why they didn't start this back in '08 when steelbooks started flooding the market :rolleyes:

It's hard to get that train moving in another direction once it gets started Shanester.

I'm very happy that amazon listened to somebody - I don't think you can ask for a better solution.

This won't fix all the problems with steelbooks from amazon though - out of the ones I ordered, one was completely smashed in the back - on the other hand, it's easy for me to tell that amazon shipped it that way. ;)

Reactions: Shanester
Great news! Especially since I just put an order in for a few steels from Amazon.de :D

Thanks for the info/pics Andy and Buffalo. :)

great! finally they start to understand the demand of the steelbook's collectors.
But Ama.ca is still crap for packaging, i hope amazon group will adopt this practice as GLOBAL rule. Thanks for the pics!

One thing I've noticed from Amazon.de when I order 4-6 steelbooks there's always one that didn't get the bubble wrapping. It's as if they ran out or the person packing just got lazy and gave up :D:

Reactions: FanOfGaming
The last few orders I've placed from Amazon UK have arrived like this. Each steelbook is in the individual box which in turn comes in a larger box.

Amazon.ca could learn a thing or 2!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good that they're making efforts but just a note of caution:

I've read more than one report where the edges of the cardboard that hold the case in place can dig in and make impressions and scratches on the steelbook's surface.

I haven't had any of these new packages myself so can't confirm whether that's the case or not, but I think it's something to pay attention to and keep under review. It would be a shame for the new packaging only to cause new problems. The old system of bubble wrap inside a fold-over carton worked pretty well after all.

The old system of bubble wrap inside a fold-over carton worked pretty well after all.

I agree, this would be my preferred way of packaging, but I think the cost for amazon was very prohibitive (and labor intensive) to package them this way.

So if we're going to have a compromise, I guess this one isn't as bad.

I'm remembering the "original system" of taking all the steelbooks and just stacking them in a flimsy box with no padding or wrap or anything. Ugh, that one was pretty awful. :(

When I got my order last week of 7 steelbooks from Amazon De it came in one big box, but each Steelbook was individually packaged with bubble wrap and enclosed in it's own smaller box with a label identifying the steelbook. Took forever to open all the individual boxes and unwrap each one, but there was not a ding or scratch on any of them. On the other hand, when I ordered some Steelbooks from Amazon.com with Prime shipping they weren't as well packed and I've had a couple arrive with minor damage, usually around the edges.

i prefer the individuals box with bubble wrap. experience it myself :D dunno bout this one, but it's better than nothing at all.

maybe they should rename the box to: less frustration :D

Reactions: blu-steel
Amazon.de do pack the steelbooks very good these days, i also think amazon.ca are packed well