Amazon (Non-US) - Retailer Thread [Multiple]

amazonlogo.jpg

Feel free to discuss any service, shipping and other matters related to the international (non-US) Amazon sites here. Share feedback, discuss packaging, etc.

Contact links for...

Amazon France for 2. Sélectionnez un problème select the Contact Us in English option from the dropdown list.
Amazon Germany for 2. Bitte wählen Sie ein Thema select the Write to us in English option from the dropdown list.
Amazon Spain for 2. Selecciona un problema select the Would you like some help in English? option from the dropdown list.
Amazon Italy for 2. Seleziona un argomento select the Email Us in English option from the dropdown list.

ORIGINALY reported by Buffalo MX

Hey guys! Wanted to share this with my fellow US & Canada members.

I suppose some of our European members can benefit from this as well.

I think this is very news worthy for all us steelbook collectors, so it deserves it's own thread for now. :scat:

I just got an order in from amazon.de and I was very surprised at the SIZE
of the box that appeared, just for 6 steelbooks. Well, it appears that for any
NEW release, that they haven't packaged up yet or a catalog release that might be on backorder (like my order of Judge Dredd was), they have a new box. EEK! :oohyeah:

We all remember that the package had been improved recently to bubble wrap inside a foldover box. :movie:

Well, now there is a new box, frustration free packaging, SPECIFICALLY labeled for steelbooks / metal packaging. :drool:

Pics below of the box, before opening and then after I opened it.
105_3955.jpg

105_3956.jpg

105_3957.jpg

105_3958.jpg

105_3959.jpg

105_3960.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Andy, Buffalo and everyone else who hinted at the new packaging. Hopefully others follow suit-I am tired of dented SB's! :scat:

I've sent out an e-mail to Amazon.ca to use this, for steelbooks. :) Hope they respond quickly to me back.

//got a answer already. :) They are going to forward the info to their packaging department. :)

Maybe post the email address here so we can all email Amazon.ca. At least then they will know it is not just one person being fussy, but a whole community of people who are willing to spend $'s if they get their packing right!

Just received four steelbooks from Amazon.ca and they were all packaged separately. Two came in nothing but jiffy bags, and the other two came packaged inside over-sized boxes with lots of airbags... so poor packaging for two, and great packaging for the other two.

What confuses me though, is that they didn't pack them together in one box, as they could easily have fit all four steels in just one of the boxes. So not only have they spent more money than they needed to on packaging, but items were split and packaged differently.

I'm surprised to say they all arrived damage free, so I guess I can't complain!

Just received four steelbooks from Amazon.ca and they were all packaged separately. Two came in nothing but jiffy bags, and the other two came packaged inside over-sized boxes with lots of airbags... so poor packaging for two, and great packaging for the other two.

What confuses me though, is that they didn't pack them together in one box, as they could easily have fit all four steels in just one of the boxes. So not only have they spent more money than they needed to on packaging, but items were split and packaged differently.

I'm surprised to say they all arrived damage free, so I guess I can't complain!

Whilst it's floating OT slightly, never order more than one SB from Amz.ca or .com unless going through an intermediary or you'll get slammed for 20% VAT and if you're unlucky to have gone via Royal Mail, another £8 on top.

I ordered two on different orders on the same day from Amazon.ca and one is on its way to me but the other hasnt even shipped yet! I marked it as a gift and asked for the price to be removed. Hope this helps with the VAT

Recieved my order from amazon.de today, four of the pictured boxes inside another HUGE box!

Needless to say non were damaged :scat:

attachment.php

Courtesy of Az.Ca and stockboy :hilarious:EEK!

My 2nd copy has a small ding on the bottom edge. These faults were already there before shipping
conspiracy.gif

Only a cardboard flipover and no bubble etc.

Attachments

• 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 129
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 135
OK so it seems not all the packaging from amazon.de is the new boxes!
Just had another delivery, which also includes the brand new release of 'warrior', and they seem to have gone back to the old boxes :confused:

Hopefuly no damage as theyre still all wrapped inside another big box!

attachment.php

Amazon. ca strikes again. 2 steelbooks in the unpadded small cardboard sleeve like mailer. 1 arrived with a huge dent in the front cover. Curiously, the box seemed in decent shape so I can only deduce that they shipped me a seriously damaged copy. A replacement is in the mail, fingers crossed that the 2nd time is the charm.

Last edited: