Amazon (Non-US) - Retailer Thread [Multiple]

amazonlogo.jpg

Feel free to discuss any service, shipping and other matters related to the international (non-US) Amazon sites here. Share feedback, discuss packaging, etc.

Contact links for...

Amazon France for 2. Sélectionnez un problème select the Contact Us in English option from the dropdown list.
Amazon Germany for 2. Bitte wählen Sie ein Thema select the Write to us in English option from the dropdown list.
Amazon Spain for 2. Selecciona un problema select the Would you like some help in English? option from the dropdown list.
Amazon Italy for 2. Seleziona un argomento select the Email Us in English option from the dropdown list.

ORIGINALY reported by Buffalo MX

Hey guys! Wanted to share this with my fellow US & Canada members.

I suppose some of our European members can benefit from this as well.

I think this is very news worthy for all us steelbook collectors, so it deserves it's own thread for now. :scat:

I just got an order in from amazon.de and I was very surprised at the SIZE
of the box that appeared, just for 6 steelbooks. Well, it appears that for any
NEW release, that they haven't packaged up yet or a catalog release that might be on backorder (like my order of Judge Dredd was), they have a new box. EEK! :oohyeah:

We all remember that the package had been improved recently to bubble wrap inside a foldover box. :movie:

Well, now there is a new box, frustration free packaging, SPECIFICALLY labeled for steelbooks / metal packaging. :drool:

Pics below of the box, before opening and then after I opened it.
105_3955.jpg

105_3956.jpg

105_3957.jpg

105_3958.jpg

105_3959.jpg

105_3960.jpg

Last edited:
Amazon.ca are the worst in my experience. I've given up ordering from them as everything was badly packed and arrived damaged. They need to take a leaf from their European counterparts and provide better shipping protection.

You can't be serious. First order and first problem with them, they don't use any protection. At least, they should use bubble wrap for each steelbook.

Everytime they have sent me a steelbook its been in a large box with the large padded plastic, similar to the michelin man:hilarious:
Ive had 1 arrive with a dent, but that looks as though it was factory as apposed to damage in transit

Everytime they have sent me a steelbook its been in a large box with the large padded plastic, similar to the michelin man:hilarious:
Ive had 1 arrive with a dent, but that looks as though it was factory as apposed to damage in transit

I am not sure where you live Ross but it seems that if you live within Canada and order from Amazon.ca they use ALOT of packaging but if you are outside Canada they do not package them well, not sure if this is due to costs or what.

Reactions: dawei
I have gotten more damage from those than the bubblewrap way. Cuts down to the bare metal on some of the steels. NOt a fan of this at all. About a 10% damage rate. Got about 10 steels with cuts to the bare metal in the last month.

---------- Post added at 11:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 AM ----------

Good that they're making efforts but just a note of caution:

I've read more than one report where the edges of the cardboard that hold the case in place can dig in and make impressions and scratches on the steelbook's surface.

I haven't had any of these new packages myself so can't confirm whether that's the case or not, but I think it's something to pay attention to and keep under review. It would be a shame for the new packaging only to cause new problems. The old system of bubble wrap inside a fold-over carton worked pretty well after all.

i prefer the individuals box with bubble wrap. experience it myself :D dunno bout this one, but it's better than nothing at all.

maybe they should rename the box to: less frustration :D

I got one or two of these...looks nice but I would like to have them wrapped up in bubble wrap though...

THe bubblewrap way is way better. I get about a 5% damage rate compared to 10% with this way.

I can't wait to see when I get Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy from UK and Warrior from DE to see if I get one of these. They look nice.

This is great news especially i just ordered 11 steels from Amazon Germany two weeks ago, i should be getting them today so i'll let everyone know how they were packaged.

I don't understand why you guys are so excited about this. It is worse than the bubblwrap way. If you like cuts all the way through your plastic wrap and cuts all the way to bare steel than you will love it.

I am just telling you from experience. They have been doing this for over a month and it is worse damage to the steels than the bubblewrap/cardboard way. :(

I have gotten more damage from those than the bubblewrap way. Cuts down to the bare metal on some of the steels. NOt a fan of this at all. About a 10% damage rate. Got about 10 steels with cuts to the bare metal in the last month.

---------- Post added at 11:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 AM ----------

THe bubblewrap way is way better. I get about a 5% damage rate compared to 10% with this way.

chip, that is high for this new packaging. My last 2 shipments from Amazon FR came in this packaging and since it is bigger than before, they put only 2 into a bigger box. But the steelbooks are intact and well protected. Wow, cuts to the bare metal. It sounds "painful."

I can see how this new packaging causes more damage because of its "collapsible" design. I would advice folks to always get more than one item and if possible, in even numbers so that they will ship in a bigger box. I know this does not matter for HMV.UK :angry:

Well Deadalus3000 has had one Steel arrive in this new packaging without damage. Personally I, like chip, would prefer the old (it's not that old either) method of bubble wrap. It should be noted that they can still be damaged before the packing in bubble even. Happened to me with French X-Men.

Mine came in cardboard mailer wrapped in a very thin piece of brown paper. Had quite a large dent on the back of the SteelBook, and three smaller dents on the edge. I managed to improve it to an acceptable level.

So, some orders are packed better than others I'm afraid.

My The Thing SteelBook arrived separately in cardboard mailer, but the difference was that it was wrapped in bubble wrap, and it was mint. Go figure.

Amazon.ca are the worst in my experience. I've given up ordering from them as everything was badly packed and arrived damaged. They need to take a leaf from their European counterparts and provide better shipping protection.

+1 bang on the money there. I quake every time I have Amz.ca delivery. Occasionally they do try but not often. As has been said they need to take leaf out of European part of operation.

---------- Post added at 12:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 AM ----------

Mine came in cardboard mailer wrapped in a very thin piece of brown paper. Had quite a large dent on the back of the SteelBook, and three smaller dents on the edge. I managed to improve it to an acceptable level.

So, some orders are packed better than others I'm afraid.

My The Thing SteelBook arrived separately in cardboard mailer, but the difference was that it was wrapped in bubble wrap, and it was mint. Go figure.

The reason is simple. As they are received from the distributor, they are wrapped so less damage can be inflicted in the warehouse. They also get a sticky label put on them with name and barcode. As there is no order to the "pick" you could get one still wrapped as they did originally with paper rather than bubblewrap.