Release date: December 5, 2016
Purchase link: American Hustle (live)
Price: £15.99
Notes: Limited to 2,000 copies

11118993-1864301349155979.jpg

11118993-9054301349185094.jpg

11118993-6184301349177801.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, can't get excited in the slightest about this steelbook.
Would have been better had the colouring been reversed with a gold background and black design like 'Wolf of Wall Street' pictured above IMO
Too many black steelbooks.
Not enough gold steelbooks.

Last edited:
Not seen such overwhelming interest and enthusiasm for a steelbook that's just gone live . . .
I don't think there was that much of an interest before it went live also

I can see this one having a huge price drop at some stage
For me personally its not a film on my must have list so I was never going to pre order this anyway

Well, as it is already released on blu, this is too little too late, and from a very unreliable film distributor with a not too stellar reputation. So it is doomed to failure as most catalogue releases released via zavvi are these days. I am seriously bored with steelbooks of late...:meh:

I see where you're coming from but let's not throw out the baby with the bathwater.

There have been some seriously good steelbooks of late IMO.

To name a few more than a few:-
- EX-MACHINA
- MONTY PYTHON'S LIFE OF BRIAN & THE HOLY GRAIL
- THE INTERVIEW
- EMPEROR'S NEW GROOVE
- BROTHER BEAR
- THE INCREDIBLES
- OZ
- FRANKENWEENIE
- A BUG'S LIFE

I also like the GRINDHOUSE steelbook and the gold ROGER RABBIT and in fact have nothing against most other recent steelbook releases though this one is unfortunate IMO.

I see where you're coming from but let's not throw out the baby with the bathwater.

- EX-MACHINA
- THE INTERVIEW
- EMPEROR'S NEW GROOVE
- BROTHER BEAR
- THE INCREDIBLES
- OZ
- FRANKENWEENIE
- A BUG'S LIFE

I also like the GRINDHOUSE steelbook and the gold ROGER RABBIT and in fact have nothing against most other recent steelbook releases though this one is unfortunate IMO.
I was awaiting your inevitable reply..:thumbs:

But you KNOW I'm referring to the distributor here (Entertainment In Video) and it's utter sh*te quality steels it's been releasing, And you picked a select few of the decent steels to counter (your Jedi powers have no effect here.)

I have Ex-machine, Incredibles, Grindhouse, Big Hero 6, Maleficent, Original Roger Rabbit, Nova John Wick a so on, but it's a very few OVERALL quality steels out of the many hundreds of dross churned out.....And none of those you listed are EIV...:)

- EX-MACHINA
- THE INTERVIEW
- EMPEROR'S NEW GROOVE
- BROTHER BEAR
- THE INCREDIBLES
- OZ
- FRANKENWEENIE
- A BUG'S LIFE

Out of all those you mentioned, I got only 2.

Ex_Machina and Grindhouse.

I don't collect Disney as they are just vastly overpriced kids films that I'll never rewatch (That's just my opinion)

Ex_Machina was worth it considering its status already.

Grindhouse-Zavvi were sneaky with that one. It 'sold out' so I kept my order only for it to come back in stock once my order shipped and it's been in stock since. I paid around €25 (with a discount code) Again, overpriced IMO for non extended cuts of the film and DVD quality audio. Destined for a big price crash soon I reckon.

Zavvi are getting a reputation for being the home of 'lousy quality, overpriced catalogue titles that are struggling to sell repackaged in steelbooks'!'

The trick is to try and select which ones won't sell out, as inevitably a price crash comes on most of their steelbooks. But it looks like it's getting harder to do that as you never know with Zavvi if sold out means 'sold out'.

Last edited:
Reactions: BaleHardy