Ant-Man (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

May 30, 2014
Release date: 8th of December, 2015
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $29.99
Group buy: apsmith21

786936846799;canvasHeight=360;canvasWidth=640.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like the backwards steelbook on this for my sealed copy. It's not a bad steel, obviously it could be better but I like it way more than the GOTG cassette.

Over 1/3 of the copies I received had spine slashes! What the heck Best Buy.

Premium price = premium product!

If you are a member of my GB and wish to withdraw due to the high price of this release and the potential of receiving something like this, your one and only opportunity begins now.

Please respond to my GB thread. The first 10 members will be allowed to withdraw and I might have space for more. In addition, if you aren't bothered by a spine slash, you can always let me know that too.

Thanks

Just a handful on bd.com so far that have it front-facing. Def the majority of the US releases so far are backwards

All U.S releases are probably backwards, I've not seen 1 that was forwards. The few you've seen on that other steel forum is probably the Canadian version. You can tell because all U.S versions have a green sticker, while the Canadian one has a red and white sticker. You guys got the most attractive version in my estimation. The steel itself is very minimal and dull. It's the J card and the stickers that give this steel life. The back art is much better than the front art on this steel anyways.

Those spine slashes are getting old - how hard is it to tell the third party stocking company to use care when opening them.cardboard boxes? Or use glue instead of tape to seal those boxes?

Those spine slashes are getting old - how hard is it to tell the third party stocking company to use care when opening them.cardboard boxes? Or use glue instead of tape to seal those boxes?

To be fair, i work in a warehouse unpacking deliverys, putting out stock etc when you spend all day every day doing it you dont have time to take care opening boxes, if you do you get yelled at for taking too long on a delivery.

Reactions: goufcustom
Scanavo does it with Mondo X SteelBook serie...

When I received my order for Total Recall. Note that this is a box from Scanavo -> Best Buy -> me that wasn't opened by Best Buy employees...
01.jpg 02.jpg

And even better, when I received Highlander, they also put a 2x layer INSIDE the box where to open it as extra protection! :)

if anyone is searching, give me a shout, USA or otherwise. had a few folks that had promised to pay by today or yesterday that still haven't paid.

few extra copies to the first people that contact me, otherwise I'll return them soon. around $50 shipped to international locations.

thanks

Just got mine from @apsmith21 GB, BIG THANKS! :thumbs: Too bad there was alot of complications :/

Its nice with a title on the steelbook, but seriously, the quality of these US releases are far inferior to the european ones. The metal is really thin and wobbly which is extremely annoying and there is always a dent somewhere. Having both in hand there is a clear difference in quality. With the heavily increased prices of the US releases and the lack in quality compared to the EU ones, I think im done with these. Its just not worth it. Hopefully (doubtfully) they start with titles again for Phase 3... Maybe they will if enough people write to Disney and tell them how much we hate the floating heads and titleless releases (I already have! response was positive and they said they listen to feedback... ). Probably wont listen but yeah..

Last edited:
Just got mine from @apsmith21 GB, BIG THANKS! :thumbs: Too bad there was alot of complications :/

Its nice with a title on the steelbook, but seriously, the quality of these US releases are far inferior to the european ones. The metal is really thin and wobbly which is extremely annoying and there is always a dent somewhere. Having both in hand there is a clear difference in quality. With the heavily increased prices of the US releases and the lack in quality compared to the EU ones, I think im done with these. Its just not worth it. Hopefully (doubtfully) they start with titles again for Phase 3... Maybe they will if enough people write to Disney and tell them how much we hate the floating heads and titleless releases (I already have! response was positive and they said they listen to feedback... ). Probably wont listen but yeah..

I agree, the price hike was ridiculous, there is no reason to pay an $8 premium over the plastic case. I have a feeling that if Disney continues this in the future they might have a number of unsold stock.

It's unusual for me to be able to go my local store the week after release and find copies on the shelf.

Well today's been a good day, been to finally watch Star Wars then afterwards went and got Hitman steelbook from HMV with my birthday cash and then decided to pop into work only to find my ANT-MAN steelbook has finally turned up.