Ant-Man and The Wasp (4K+2D and 3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Lenticular) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

dfoles

Scanner Ninja
Contributor
Premium Supporter
May 15, 2013
GA
Release date: July 8, 2019
Purchase links: 4K+2D - 3D+2D (Pre-order on June 8 at 6 PM UK time)
Price: £31.99 (4K) - £26.99 (3D)

12182603-6574677902563002.jpg
12182602-8644677901398996.jpg

12182603-2114677901019274.jpg
12182603-5764677901313679.jpg
12182603-1704677901172346.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Regarding shadow on back art: Is this a first for steelbooks?

Saying that, the dark circle/shadow can be seen as one of three things: (a) sort of in line with the reflection from whatever that is next to him or (b) He's made a mess and someone's tried to clean up after him and (c) most likely he's an escaping Subbuteo player looking for his plinth:-
1559494815706.png
1559492634950.png

Saying that, the dark circle/shadow can be seen as one of three things: (a) sort of in line with the reflection from whatever that is next to him or (b) He's made a mess and someone's tried to clean up after him and (c) most likely he's an escaping Subbuteo player looking for his plinth:-
View attachment 430405 View attachment 430379

OR

(d) A pure horsesh*t design done badly

• Haha
Reactions: Noodles
Regarding shadow on back art: Is this a first for steelbooks?

View attachment 430405 View attachment 430379
Everything you see that does not emit light itself is due to light from an external light source being scattered. Most objects scatter light in all directions, so no matter where you position yourself, you will see the object. If something blocks the light from the source, less light will be reflected from a particular area. This area is the shadow. Since light may come from several sources (e.g. light scattered several times in the sky), the shadow usually doesn't appear completely black.

Shadows are cast on mirror surfaces. But a mirror only reflects light in one direction, so to see the shadow you have to position yourself at a very special place, namely the place where you see the light source. Again, if there are other light sources, the shadow won't appear black, and since parallel light rays remain parallel after hitting the mirror, you will in fact see a mirror image of the shadowing object.

Poor old Ant-Man must be getting a bit of an inferiority complex with all the love directed at giant beasties like Godzilla so maybe time to right that wrong:-
1559506343985.png

Furthermore, as a response on a request about this item, Zavvi Customer "care" responded to me this:

===========================================
Your new message from our Customer Care Team:

Hello Felix,

Thank you for getting in touch to ask about the estimated dispatch of Ant-Man And The Wasp - 3D Zavvi Exclusive Lenticular Steelbook and Ant-Man And The Wasp - 4K Ultra HD Zavvi Exclusive Lenticular Steelbook.

Unfortunately, these are out of stock at the moment and they are unable to give me a date for when they will have it back in stock. You can check the status of your item by going on the website, but please keep a look out on our websites and social media. If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,
===========================================

That is your best option, is to WATCH the thread and the folks here are pretty on top of things.
Hopefully you do realise this is not something someone can do 27/7, right?!?! *
Though, thanks for your intentions and al the ideas/suggestions offered! :thumbs:

* EDIT: That's precisely why I asked about some notifications either here (I have already) or on Zavvi's website!

• Thanks
Reactions: Lone Crusader
Hopefully you do realise this is not something someone can do 27/7, right?!?! *
Though, thanks for your intentions and al the ideas/suggestions offered! :thumbs:

* EDIT: That's precisely why I asked about some notifications either here (I have already) or on Zavvi's website!
There is another way that I use ever so often. It's a website monitoring website called VisualPing that you type in the webpage you want to monitor and it pulls it up you drag a box over the part you want to monitor for change and enter your email address to be notified at. Anytime that area changes you'll be notified.

sub.JPGemail.JPG

Reactions: Felix_ro
There is another way that I use ever so often. It's a website monitoring website called VisualPing that you type in the webpage you want to monitor and it pulls it up you drag a box over the part you want to monitor for change and enter your email address to be notified at. Anytime that area changes you'll be notified.

View attachment 430510View attachment 430509

THAT seems to be a good choice!
I'll give it a try. Seems to be similar to 3camel for Amazon.

Thanks a lot!

• Thanks
Reactions: Lone Crusader
I think it's easier to just come on here and check. You leave your browser open (mobile or desktop) and check your notifications every so often.

Actually, I'm getting notifications when something new appear "here"...
Also, I figured out that VisualPing is VERY limited for free..
Soooo... I'll use both... :D

whatever day this goes live, it will be around 11.45 am uk time. Just check everyday around then (on zavvi)

I reakon either this or iron man 3 will be live tomorrow and then the other one the following week

Reactions: Felix_ro
whatever day this goes live, it will be around 11.45 am uk time. Just check everyday around then (on zavvi)

I reakon either this or iron man 3 will be live tomorrow and then the other one the following week

Maybe we'll find this interesting, but while discussing here and checking Zavvi's website + trying to add some "jobs" on VisualPing,
I've noticed just few minutes ago two other 4K SteelBook with Lenticular come up back in stock:

Thor Ragnarok 4K
https://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/thor-...n-steelbook-includes-2d-blu-ray/11931163.html
and
Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2 4K (and 3D)
https://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/guard...n-steelbook-includes-2d-blu-ray/11931165.html

So taking into account the time those two went online, maybe those will come around 11:45 AM UK time as you said, maybe won't, but surely thanks for the info!
Also, I could recall several others come available online to order sometimes in the Saturday-Sunday around 18:00 UK time...