Ant-Man and The Wasp (4K+2D and 3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Lenticular) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

dfoles

Scanner Ninja
Contributor
Premium Supporter
May 15, 2013
GA
Release date: July 8, 2019
Purchase links: 4K+2D - 3D+2D (Pre-order on June 8 at 6 PM UK time)
Price: £31.99 (4K) - £26.99 (3D)

12182603-6574677902563002.jpg
12182602-8644677901398996.jpg

12182603-2114677901019274.jpg
12182603-5764677901313679.jpg
12182603-1704677901172346.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe we'll find this interesting, but while discussing here and checking Zavvi's website + trying to add some "jobs" on VisualPing,
I've noticed just few minutes ago two other 4K SteelBook with Lenticular come up back in stock:

Thor Ragnarok 4K
https://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/thor-...n-steelbook-includes-2d-blu-ray/11931163.html
and
Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2 4K (and 3D)
https://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/guard...n-steelbook-includes-2d-blu-ray/11931165.html

So taking into account the time those two went online, maybe those will come around 11:45 AM UK time as you said, maybe won't, but surely thanks for the info!
Also, I could recall several others come available online to order sometimes in the Saturday-Sunday around 18:00 UK time...

I thought Thor and guardians never sold out. Maybe I’m wrong

That’s right, usually zavvi exclusives are live at 12pm and 6pm. But they usually go live 10/15 minutes early.

The weekend pre orders are usually 100% advertised to go live at 6pm etc on twitter. Which will then be posted here

Marvel tends to go live midnight of the U.K. showing

Sometimes they drop a wwa randomly at any time

Reactions: levi and Felix_ro
I thought Thor and guardians never sold out. Maybe I’m wrong

That’s right, usually zavvi exclusives are live at 12pm and 6pm. But they usually go live 10/15 minutes early.

The weekend pre orders are usually 100% advertised to go live at 6pm etc on twitter. Which will then be posted here

Marvel tends to go live midnight of the U.K. showing

Sometimes they drop a wwa randomly at any time

Those two I've mentioned did go sold out, cause I could not get them before today. ;)

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Flloydo
@Apollon (cause I saw YOU know BEST! :naughty:) &/or others: is there a way that I could be somehow "notified" when this (or any of Zavvi's items) come alive for ordering?

Haha thanks for the compliment. :)

@AcIDc0r3 and @Flloydo have pretty much covered it.

As far as forum notifications go, it's not something that you need to do 24/7. Once you subscribe to a given thread, and choose to get the notifications by email, whenever someone posts in the thread you're watching, you will receive an email about that post.

All you need to do is to click/tap on the link from that email to visit the thread, even if the notification in question is not what you're looking for in terms of updates. Why? Because that will reset the thread's notifications and then you will get the subsequent one, and so on...

If you don't visit the thread after receiving a notification, you will stop getting notifications for that thread for a set period of time, until your next visit.

Zavvi MCU Lenticular Steelbooks. I love to do these kinds of visual checklist (there are more on my instagram stories) ;)

I can't wait for Zavvi to reveal the infinity war double lenticular.
That’s a pretty cool set. Seeing all of those together, the back of Ant-Man and The Wasp is really disappointing. And Black Panther’s back is just the front without a few layers.

• Thanks
Reactions: WendyUncharted
That’s a pretty cool set. Seeing all of those together, the back of Ant-Man and The Wasp is really disappointing. And Black Panther’s back is just the front without a few layers.

Also in hand it’s annoying some have decent back art, some don’t, some have front and back bossing (strange, civil war) some are flat (ragnarok, guardians vol 2), the rest have title bossing, different size lentis, some weak, some good lol

Never any consistency

Classic Disney/ marvel

Watch infinty war not have a spine title lol

Also in hand it’s annoying some have decent back art, some don’t, some have front and back bossing (strange, civil war) some are flat (ragnarok, guardians vol 2), the rest have title bossing, different size lentis, some weak, some good lol

Never any consistency

Classic Disney/ marvel

Watch infinty war not have a spine title lol

totally agree. zero consistancy with finishes. emobossing, style. whoevers in charge of this does an awful job

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
totally agree. zero consistancy with finishes. emobossing, style. whoevers in charge of this does an awful job

You think the same person has been in charge of all of these releases? I'm sure this task is turned over as often as fry cooks at McDonald's and take their jobs just as seriously.

• Thanks
Reactions: dfoles
You think the same person has been in charge of all of these releases? I'm sure this task is turned over as often as fry cooks at McDonald's and take their jobs just as seriously.

I still don’t think that’s a good excuse for poor consistency

So if the job does go to new people every few months/ years (which is fare, that could of easily happened/ happen) then are they really that incapable of research, looking at their teams/ colleagues previous efforts. Or are they that ignorant that they don’t give a **** what a customer wants or what can sell well because of how excellent it is (im talking finishes too - too many times the same steel released elsewhere has a better or worse finish - Logan illustrated art killed me, U.K. was awful, US was lovely - just one example) and you think that they really think making a worse finish in another country is a design choice. Nope. 100% cutting costs and ignorance in design

I am happy they employed the one guy or girl who made the change for spines to have spine titles though haha (although a few have still slipped through the net like petes dragon)

• Thanks
Reactions: dfoles

So if the job does go to new people every few months/ years (which is fare, that could of easily happened/ happen) then are they really that incapable of research, looking at their teams/ colleagues previous efforts. Or are they that ignorant that they don’t give a **** what a customer wants or what can sell well because of how excellent it is (im talking finishes too - too many times the same steel released elsewhere has a better or worse finish - Logan illustrated art killed me, U.K. was awful, US was lovely - just one example) and you think that they really think making a worse finish in another country is a design choice. Nope. 100% cutting costs and ignorance in design

I am happy they employed the one guy or girl who made the change for spines to have spine titles though haha (although a few have still slipped through the net like petes dragon)
Well, look how long it took them to remove the blue banner from the top and also to make the BBFC/FSK logo's stickers and not printed on. It took years. With the studios it's like swimming through peanut butter, it takes forever to get to the other side. :bored:

There is a lot that I would like to say on this topic but it would take me forever and it would just be my opinion anyway. I have already deleted a few opinions and started over so now I'll try to keep this short.

For better or worse things change. I don't like change but I don't expect companies to do things the same way every time for years.
Maybe it does have to do with cost cutting. Maybe Scanavo has drastically changed their prices for the services they provide.
Perhaps for glossing and bossing and borders they now demand that your SteelBook run now has to be a 1000 more copies at a higher rate per SteelBook. We don't know. Look at all the people now saying that they won't pay the new going rate for a 4K SteelBook. Perhaps this is the going rate for non glossed and bossed SteelBooks. If they gloss and boss and charge more, people will still complain and say they won't pay it.

Anyway that's enough from me. I'm just going to stop now. Just my speculation and opinions. I know I'm not going to convince anybody. :LOL:

• Thanks
Reactions: Lone Crusader
There is a lot that I would like to say on this topic but it would take me forever and it would just be my opinion anyway. I have already deleted a few opinions and started over so now I'll try to keep this short.

For better or worse things change. I don't like change but I don't expect companies to do things the same way every time for years.
Maybe it does have to do with cost cutting. Maybe Scanavo has drastically changed their prices for the services they provide.
Perhaps for glossing and bossing and borders they now demand that your SteelBook run now has to be a 1000 more copies at a higher rate per SteelBook. We don't know. Look at all the people now saying that they won't pay the new going rate for a 4K SteelBook. Perhaps this is the going rate for non glossed and bossed SteelBooks. If they gloss and boss and charge more, people will still complain and say they won't pay it.

Anyway that's enough from me. I'm just going to stop now. Just my speculation and opinions. I know I'm not going to convince anybody. :LOL:
If only a representative or two from each studio would visit our forums and see what the people (us) would want to see, but it's like they're playing the guessing game instead with the crappy designs they make. If they only saw how good @Noodles was at concept artwork. There's a lot of very good talent out there, and the studios have the money to afford them so it makes no sense why they don't.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles and Stygian
If only a representative or two from each studio would visit our forums and see what the people (us) would want to see, but it's like they're playing the guessing game instead with the crappy designs they make. If they only saw how good @Noodles was at concept artwork. There's a lot of very good talent out there, and the studios have the money to afford them so it makes no sense why they don't.

Because I highly doubt that they are concerned about what art goes on a SteelBook. I doubt they pull in enough money from SteelBook sales to give a ****.

People say that 4K is a niche market. Well then SteelBooks are a niche of a niche market. It's such a tiny fragment of anything in the movie industry. Just how much money and time do you expect a studio to spend on such a thing? It's not the same as developing an actual movie to make.

I know we want to think that SteelBooks are the elite and most important product of home video and we are the most important buyers when it comes to movies but come on. Compared to movie ticket sales, DVD sales, Blu-ray sales, digital downloads, streaming networks, bed sheets, toys, band aids and so on I don't think the SteelBook market is a real concern for them.

SteelBooks aren't going to make or break them.

I mean if the recent Robin Hood, Mortal Engines and Nutcracker and the Four Realms, $100 million losses, don't break them then...you know?

Reactions: Masta Norris
@Stygian I guess we're just a lost cause then, hoping against hope. Man...maybe I should cut my losses and get out now. No light at the end of the tunnel. :confused:

All we can do is take what comes. Buy the ones you like if you want them enough and pass on the ones that suck.
But I don't see any point anymore in being disappointed because a WWA SteelBook or any SteelBook from Best Buy, Zavvi or Amazon isn't glossed or bossed. Those days are mostly gone. Even when SteelBooks these days do get decent art it's still not enough for a lot of people because it isn't glossed or bossed. Gotta go premium for those. Of course, even some of those now are missing glossing or bossing.

So yeah, time to lower standards or pass up a lot.

I like the art for this release of Ant-Man and the Wasp. I didn't care for the art on the WWA. Even though it was glossed in Europe it still wasn't enough to make me keep a copy. I feel Ant-Man and Ant-Man and the Wasp are pretty much at the bottom of the MCU as far as ranking goes. If I liked the movie I would buy this edition. Or maybe if it was glossed and bossed with a border. :D

But then isn't that what Blufans is for? ;)

• Thanks
Reactions: Lone Crusader
All we can do is take what comes. Buy the ones you like if you want them enough and pass on the ones that suck.
But I don't see any point anymore in being disappointed because a WWA SteelBook or any SteelBook from Best Buy, Zavvi or Amazon isn't glossed or bossed. Those days are mostly gone. Even when SteelBooks these days do get decent art it's still not enough for a lot of people because it isn't glossed or bossed. Gotta go premium for those. Of course, even some of those now are missing glossing or bossing.

So yeah, time to lower standards or pass up a lot.

I like the art for this release of Ant-Man and the Wasp. I didn't care for the art on the WWA. Even though it was glossed in Europe it still wasn't enough to make me keep a copy. I feel Ant-Man and Ant-Man and the Wasp are pretty much at the bottom of the MCU as far as ranking goes. If I liked the movie I would buy this edition. Or maybe if it was glossed and bossed with a border. :D

But then isn't that what Blufans is for? ;)
There's way more folks in the game now than there was when I started so in essence there's more of the masses to please. ...and you just can't please everyone so your right, we take what we can get and discard what we don't like. Simple as that.

• Thanks
Reactions: Shark and Stygian