Ant-Man and The Wasp (4K+2D and 3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Lenticular) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

dfoles

Scanner Ninja
Contributor
Premium Supporter
May 15, 2013
GA
Release date: July 8, 2019
Purchase links: 4K+2D - 3D+2D (Pre-order on June 8 at 6 PM UK time)
Price: £31.99 (4K) - £26.99 (3D)

12182603-6574677902563002.jpg
12182602-8644677901398996.jpg

12182603-2114677901019274.jpg
12182603-5764677901313679.jpg
12182603-1704677901172346.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this steel and its style is nice. along with the thor ragnorok lenti. they look exciting.

the 4k ironman steels along with the new thor ones with the iron borders all look horrendous. just extremely ugly.

no hint of having any talent for design or aesthetics ha

Reactions: Chemartin_1
If the new 4K titles were being released as lentis then the Captain America, Iron Man and Thor SteelBooks would have been released as 4K lentis as well. But they aren't.

How do you work out what will and won't be a lenti based on previous releases?

Some previous have been lentis but not 4K, then we've had some that haven't been lentis but 4K, more recent releases have been lentis and 4K (Ragnarok & GOTG2) but then the recent wave of IM and Cap have been 4k but without a lenti.
Just wondering because this thread is a new 4K lenti and it wasn't that long ago that we had a 4K Ant Man & The Wasp steelbook that wasn't a lenti, so I have no idea.

If the new 4K titles were being released as lentis then the Captain America, Iron Man and Thor SteelBooks would have been released as 4K lentis as well. But they aren't.
Not yet? :whistle: You are probably right, time will tell.
I’m already happy UHDs are being released. A dead format as some people said...

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
@Stygian is right

I’m sure that if they continue the 4K wave with that worn poster look like with the iron man, cap and Thor trilogy then they won’t have a lenti

Not hard to grasp. Unless they chuck a spanner in the mix and do include lentis

Ragnarok and guardians 2 seem like a one off as it was their transition to 4K but it looks like the 4K films will get brand new steels again.
So yeah looks like you’ll get the zavvi lenti re release wave shortly after the home release and then 4K releases for their back catalogue

• Thanks
How do you work out what will and won't be a lenti based on previous releases?

Some previous have been lentis but not 4K, then we've had some that haven't been lentis but 4K, more recent releases have been lentis and 4K (Ragnarok & GOTG2) but then the recent wave of IM and Cap have been 4k but without a lenti.
Just wondering because this thread is a new 4K lenti and it wasn't that long ago that we had a 4K Ant Man & The Wasp steelbook that wasn't a lenti, so I have no idea.

MCU films that weren't originally released in 4K (so everything from Ironman 1 through to Doctor Strange) will be getting 4K steelbooks with the worn poster look (the exceptions thus far being the Avengers and Age of Ultron steelbooks which didn't follow that design). So as well as IM2, IM3, Thor and The Dark World (not yet live with Zavvi) expect future releases in this series for Guardians of the Galaxy, Antman and Doctor Strange

Every MCU film regardless of format has always got a second Steelbook with a lenticular magnet so as well as this Antman and the Wasp release expect an Infinity War release soon and then eventually ones for Captain Marvel and Endgame

Potential exceptions to the above would be Incredible Hulk (a Universal release) and Spider-Man Homecoming (a Sony release)

MCU films that weren't originally released in 4K (so everything from Ironman 1 through to Doctor Strange) will be getting 4K steelbooks with the worn poster look (the exceptions thus far being the Avengers and Age of Ultron steelbooks which didn't follow that design). So as well as IM2, IM3, Thor and The Dark World (not yet live with Zavvi) expect future releases in this series for Guardians of the Galaxy, Antman and Doctor Strange

Every MCU film regardless of format has always got a second Steelbook with a lenticular magnet so as well as this Antman and the Wasp release expect an Infinity War release soon and then eventually ones for Captain Marvel and Endgame

Potential exceptions to the above would be Incredible Hulk (a Universal release) and Spider-Man Homecoming (a Sony release)

With infinty war being skipped by antman and the wasp. It makes me think that infinty war and end game will have the same style as avengers 1 & 2 4K art. Now they would look cool together (the 4K releases that it)

Much thanks.

Glad you know what you're talking about.

So the 'worn poster look' is set in stone for those upcoming you mentioned and not just for the three lots of trilogy's of the three most popular Avengers?

With infinty war being skipped by antman and the wasp. It makes me think that infinty war and end game will have the same style as avengers 1 & 2 4K art. Now they would look cool together (the 4K releases that it)

Possibly they already have artwork in that style for IW as seen in this amaray release :)

Much thanks.

So the 'worn poster look' is set in stone for those upcoming you mentioned and not just for the three lots of trilogy's of the three most popular Avengers?

Well no nothing is set in stone until it's released but it's my educated guess :p

Attachments

• 7216FCB8-B0F7-4ABD-A2CC-EA32B02A41DF.jpeg
    7216FCB8-B0F7-4ABD-A2CC-EA32B02A41DF.jpeg
    135.9 KB · Views: 267
  • Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo

Thank you for saving me the time. I wouldn't have been able to explain it as well as you have. :thumbs:

Reactions: tommyh84
Much thanks.

There most likely won't be a Thor: Ragnarok 4K SteelBook re-release. Meaning no matching trilogy. Just Thor and Thor: The Dark World.

Possibly they already have artwork in that style for IW as seen in this amaray release :)

Well no nothing is set in stone until it's released but it's my educated guess :p

Yeah exactly that. That would look cool. Fingers crossed for that. And the same finish and bossing to match the first two

There most likely won't be a Thor: Ragnarok 4K SteelBook re-release. Meaning no matching trilogy. Just Thor and Thor: The Dark World.

Ah yes, I forgot that. Shame really because it could have been a nice set of matching trilogies for each hero, but of course, it's not happening. Would have been interesting to see how the Ragnarok style had fitted into the matching set though.

Anyway, I have that many MCU on order now with Zavvi, including watching the threads of those coming, I lose track.

• Thanks