Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (HMV Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: May 22, 2023
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £32.99

Ant Man and the Wasp  Quantumania.jpg
Ant Man with Jcard.jpg Ant Man Back.jpg Ant Man Inside.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So how do you explain me buying Iron Man 1 and 2 steelbooks on release day..... in my local HMV... Good luck
Show me info for a Blu-ray UK SteelBooks of Iron Man 1 or Iron Man 2 before the play releases in 2012

Iron Man first Blu-ray release in UK was in 2008 was a Amaray release
Iron Man 2 first Blu-ray release in UK was in 2010 was a Amaray release
The Blu-ray Metal Slipcover releases are not SteelBooks

There is no database listings for UK Blu-ray SteelBooks in regards to Iron Man 1 and 2 until the Play Exclusive releases in 2012

Reactions: djjez83
Show me info for a Blu-ray UK SteelBooks of Iron Man 1 or Iron Man 2 before the play releases in 2012

There is no database listings for UK Blu-ray SteelBooks in regards to Iron Man 1 and 2 until the Play Exclusive releases in 2012

AND NOW YOU HAVE PISSED PAULBOLAND OFF

Eddie Murphy GIF by Coming to America

Phase One MCU UK releases
Iron Man 1 and 2 was Play exclusive (Paramount Films) as was The Incredible Hulk (Universal Films)
Those SteelBooks was released in 2012
There was no UK Iron Man Blu-ray SteelBooks before the Play releases
DVD SteelBooks don't apply
Amaray with Metal Slipcover don't apply as they not SteelBooks
There was Iron Man Blu-ray SteelBooks releases in other countries but not in UK before 2012

When Play shut down it's retail businness in 2013 a lot of the leftover SteelBooks stock was given to Zavvi/Amazon/HMV and some other retailers in UK/Ireland
That's how you could purchase from those retailers

In regards to MCU Phase 1
HMV had Steelbook exclusives for Thor/Captain America: The First Avenger (Paramount Films releases) released in 2011
HMV also had exclusive The Avengers aka Avengers Assemble SteelBook in UK that was the very first film in MCU that was distributed by Disney released in 2012

HMV went into administration 2013 and with Play also shutting down their retail business 2013 and that led to Zavvi getting exclusive deal for all Disney UK SteelBooks

Also let to Paramount SteelBook re-releases with different artwork in 2013 of Thor and Captain America: The First Avenger been Zavvi Exclusive

Disney SteelBooks Zavvi Exclusive
The first been Who Framed Roger Rabbit SteelBook released in March 2013
That is why from MCU Phase 2 the films that was distributed by Disney the SteelBooks releases was exclusive to Zavvi
This is also how you got the Disney Collection and Pixar Collection SteelBooks etc from 2013

Zavvi had total exclusive deal in regards to all disney films that got a UK Steelbook release from 2013
Phase 2 first film was Iron Man 3 released in 2013 a Zavvi Exclusive

What has changed is Zavvi no longer have exclusive deal for all disney films releases in regards to SteelBooks
This is why HMV now have got exclusive for Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania

BTW who needs investigative journalism when HDN has @paulboland

Walter Cronkite Vintage GIF by US National Archives

I bought both IM1 and 2 from my local HMV, I never used play till years later. Deal with it!

So the member named @psychoscot seems to be questioning some else's sanity...

200.gif

I seem remember helping a certain product buyer at Play.com vet the design of those steelbooks of IM1 and IM2...

I remember talking with play.com directly to source over 500 copies for our group buys...

Suspicious Season 2 GIF by Paramount+
Yeah man, you guys/HDN were tight with Play back in the day IIRC. Wasn't the product buyer even a fairly active member here?

That mini GB was my first and last anyway lol. I dunno how you guys do it! :sweat:

Reactions: apsmith21
So the member named @psychoscot seems to be questioning some else's sanity...

200.gif

I seem remember helping a certain product buyer at Play.com vet the design of those steelbooks of IM1 and IM2...

I remember talking with play.com directly to source over 500 copies for our group buys...

Suspicious Season 2 GIF by Paramount+
Play were tiny and not interested in American input. Play were German owned. They never dealt with you.

I bought both IM1 and 2 from my local HMV, I never used play till years later. Deal with it!
The very first ever UK Blu-ray SteelBooks for Iron Man 1 and Iron Man 2 was Play Exclusive that was released in 2012

There was no UK Blu-ray SteelBook releases in regards to Iron Man 1 and 2 until Play did the SteelBooks

HMV years ago used to sell pre owened items as in you could trade in for other items they was selling in their high street shops
Some would be used or new still sealed that customers exchanged
HMV also got leftover stock of play SteelBooks when play shut down their retail operation in 2013 and had some stock of Iron Man 1 and 2

zoneism

HI Def Ninja Member used to be the Play.Com Buyer​

It was him who consulted with Andy and Wreck on the design of the Play Iron Man SteelBooks

Last edited:
Was this around the same time you was dating that super model?
No , I married her, try my Facebook, my twitter address is available on here we're due our second child in May. Oh I forgot Corbyn leftie Fanny's can't deal with success. And you wonder why MP took over all buyers and took all the contracts. Brainless tw"t! Most MP members know who I married! Making you look like a f""king pathetic little child with a pathetic playground grudge.

Zesty

It was him who consulted with Andy and Wreck on the design of the Play Iron Man SteelBooks
Ohh yeah, so it was! Guess it was also him who set up the whole situation with allowing the HDN community to vote for the interior of Terminator. Good times :D

Years later Play were gone. They didn't last long after those releases if I remember correctly. Ah, the good old days.

Still, must be thrilling to be the only person who bought two Play.com exclusives from HMV on release day!!

Maybe Play did a deal just for you!! :LOL:

No , I married her, try my Facebook, my twitter address is available on here we're due our second child in May. Oh I forgot Corbyn leftie Fanny's can't deal with success. And you wonder why MP took over all buyers and took all the contracts. Brainless tw"t! Most MP members know who I married! Making you look like a f""king pathetic little child with a pathetic playground grudge.

LOL what? What has this got to do with anything? I can’t tell if this is another lie or the truth but I know zero about your real life and the super model comment was pure fabrication because you lie so f**king much and have been proven wrong nearly every single time in 10 years.

What the hell has MP, Corbyn and playgrounds got to do with you having no idea where you bought the iron man 1 steelbook from? Unless you’re trying to tell us your secret kinks, that pathetic attempt of an insult just makes you look more Insecure, childish and desperate

And who cares if a forum knows who you married :rofl:. So confused right now. Like Jeremy Beadle has returned from the dead or something

Yeah man, you guys/HDN were tight with Play back in the day IIRC. Wasn't the product buyer even a fairly active member here?

That mini GB was my first and last anyway lol. I dunno how you guys do it! :sweat:

Group buys are tough!

Play were tiny and not interested in American input. Play were German owned. They never dealt with you.

Ah that explains it! Blink twice if @Masterblaster is holding you hostage

The very first ever UK Blu-ray SteelBooks for Iron Man 1 and Iron Man 2 was Play Exclusive that was released in 2012

There was no UK Blu-ray SteelBook releases in regards to Iron Man 1 and 2 until Play did the SteelBooks

HMV years ago used to sell pre owened items as in you could trade in for other items they was selling in their high street shops
Some would be used or new still sealed that customers exchanged
HMV also got leftover stock of play SteelBooks when play shut down their retail operation in 2013 and had some stock of Iron Man 1 and 2

Zesty​

Ohh yeah, so it was! Guess it was also him who set up the whole situation with allowing the HDN community to vote for the interior of Terminator. Good times :D

Hate to correct the terminator on this one but that was @zoneism that was the buyer.

@zesty (Neil) made a bunch of custom slips for us members before premiums were a thing

LOL what? What has this got to do with anything? I can’t tell if this is another lie or the truth but I know zero about your real life and the super model comment was pure fabrication because you lie so f**king much and have been proven wrong nearly every single time in 10 years
Proven in a lie never once..... Go prove otherwise. Showing who has a problem.

HMV sold dvd steels back then, maybe you're thinking of those lol

Actually to be fair before this convo went off the rails I legitimately thought that’s what we were talking about

Like Jeremy Beadle has returned from the dead or something

Are we talking about jwbudd from BD that like banned half the original members on here over at that other forum? Jeremy if you’re reading, thanks for the good times!