Apocalypse Now: Special Edition (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: August 10th, 2015
Purchase link: Apocalypse Now: Special Edition (live)
Price: £17.99
Notes: Three disc edition – includes Apocalypse Now, Apocalypse Now Redux and Heart Of Darkness documentary.

11146757-7504309339413459.jpg

11146757-9214309339384422.jpg

11146757-4764309339379136.jpg

Last edited:
So what exactly is special about this edition? Don't know if this is the final artwork, just 1 disc and only Region B :cautious: And the price is $28.06 ? I don't think so. (n)

tumblr_inline_n54flazr1w1s45d5n.gif

Great movie, but Zavvi are taking us for mugs- You can get the film on blu-ray for £7 or so; Does the uninspired back/inside art as well as the recycled front image really justify an extra £11 slapped on to the price??

If you're going to charge a premium, at least make it worth it- Would of been good to see this and Redux included as a two disc collection for instance.

• Informative
Reactions: Man on 1Wire x 6 3
It's a steelbook so expect to pay more for the packaging.
Don't know if this is final artwork - good though it is ?
3-disc Special Edition available in very smart slipbox for between GBP 10.99 on the auction site to slightly more from a couple of well-known retailers.
GBP 16.19 at time of writing.

Number of discs I would not go by the website listing

Lot of times Zavvi have listings say 1 disc when actual product has more than 1 disc

When someone gets their order delivered then it will be known how many discs

The description says special edition that should mean at least 2 Discs also possible it's The Special Collecters Edition which is 3 Discs

Until someone gets delivery it won't be known for sure if it's 1 or 2 or 3 discs

Last edited:
As no mention of limited to anything other than 4,000 I'd have to agree that the just over 16 quid does seem a bit expensive although the listing of Special Edition, which I originally missed when I ordered, would suggest that this is a 2-disc steel and as far as I know all worldwide releases of this listed as 'Special Edition' are 2-disc affairs.
I'd keep my pre-order if this was limited to 2,000 but as it stands I'll probably cancel before release date and hope to pick it up cheaper after release.

This film seems to be one of those 'marmite' films - some love it and others hate but I feel sure that if seen it would not be easily forgotten unlike most brain candy films out there.

Last edited:
Reactions: nefilim
I like this film but I do agree at times it can be hard film to watch from start to finish if your anyway tired and sleepy it's not a film to keep you awake lol

The extras though for me with the previous 3 disc collectors digipack Edition are excellent nice booklets and packaging

The Film was on Disc 1 and included both cuts of the film

Disc 2 was extras features lots of them and to many to list
Disc 3 was heart of darkness a film itself on the making of the film

The extras for me were very interesting to watch more so than the film itself and I recommend watching these extras

I have the Steelbook on pre order for now but might cancel and wait for a future price drop

It's best if it's 2 discs especially for those that don't already have this film on blu-ray

Not sure though if this will have the heart of darkness disc

If it's 1 Disc it would be
2 cuts of the film
1)Apocalypse Now
2)Apocalypse Now Redux version

If it's 2 Discs it would be
Disc 1 Film both cuts
Disc 2 extras

If it's 3 Discs
Disc 3 would be
Heart of darkness

Last edited:
Great movie, but Zavvi are taking us for mugs- You can get the film on blu-ray for £7 or so; Does the uninspired back/inside art as well as the recycled front image really justify an extra £11 slapped on to the price??

If you're going to charge a premium, at least make it worth it- Would of been good to see this and Redux included as a two disc collection for instance.

This I do agree with. Should be no more than £7.99 all things considered. Happy with my 3 disc slip box version, which includes the must watch Heart of Darkness documentary, on amazon for just over £12 at the moment.

Reactions: Andycadle84
I like this film but I do agree at times it can be hard film to watch from start to finish if your anyway tired and sleepy it's not a film to keep you awake lol

The extras though for me with the previous 3 disc collectors digipack Edition are excellent nice booklets and packaging

The Film was on Disc 1 and included both cuts of the film

Disc 2 was extras features lots of them and to many to list
Disc 3 was heart of darkness a film itself on the making of the film

The extras for me were very interesting to watch more so than the film itself and I recommend watching these extras

I have the Steelbook on pre order for now but might cancel and wait for a future price drop

It's best if it's 2 discs especially for those that don't already have this film on blu-ray

Not sure though if this will have the heart of darkness disc

If it's 1 Disc it would be
2 cuts of the film
1)Apocalypse Now
2)Apocalypse Now Redux version

If it's 2 Discs it would be
Disc 1 Film both cuts
Disc 2 extras

If it's 3 Discs
Disc 3 would be
Heart of darkness

I'll be ordering this in the hope that the above images will be the final artwork. I already have the Italian Steelbook, so if this ends up being changed to the Brando image that adorns every other Steelbook release worldwide, I shall be cancelling.

The fact that this is described as a Special Edition gives hope that it will also include the extras disc. I'm still a little concerned, however, that this may end up as a single disc release, since it was only the Steelbooks released by Universal (Italy, Spain and Netherlands) that included the bonus disc. The one Steelbook released by Studio Canal (Germany) contained only a single disc.

It would be great if the Hearts of Darkness disc were also to be included but I'm even less optimistic that this will happen, since it has only previously appeared worldwide as part of the Full Disclosure Edition, none of the releases of which have been in the Steelbook format.

So, once again it's a case of waiting on Zavvi to update their listing. Hopefully, this will be before they start sending them out.