aod.jpg

picture.php

View attachment 70817

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 710
Last edited by a moderator:
No, because they dispatched Ghostbusters 2 back on Monday, and that's due out on the 8th with most people having it in-hand right now. They most probably ran out of boxes again, or haven't got the staff to pack so many SteelBook releases. Certainly makes you wonder why they have so many exclusives if they can't cope with the demand come shipping day...

Perhaps the stock hasn't been delivered yet, or maybe it is a manufacturing issue, who knows. Just because it is released on Monday doesn't mean you will get it on that day.

If Zavvi know it is going to be delayed they will update the site as soon as it is confirmed.

I wish everyone would just have a little patience, after all Indy was a little late (a year or so) and we got that in the end :)

The reason the Indiana Jones SteelBooks were delayed was for legal reasons due to Disney buying out LucasFilm. While the sale of the Star Wars franchise was a given, there were issues with gaining licences for the Indy franchise, which for some reason took longer to finalise. Hence why the SteelNBok releases were pulled at the last minute

Maybe Disney just bought the rights to Evil Dead. :hilarious:

They're making a deal with Bruce Dampbell right now regarding Evil Dead 4

Rami's expressed interest in a 4th/Army of Darkness 2. Heard talk of even a sequel to the remake and even a 3rd film that crosses the original and remake universes together as well.

The Indys were pushed back a little, 2 Disneys were delayed and such. I don't think its anything major, just Zavvi delaying as per usual.

Rami's expressed interest in a 4th/Army of Darkness 2. Heard talk of even a sequel to the remake and even a 3rd film that crosses the original and remake universes together as well.

The Indys were pushed back a little, 2 Disneys were delayed and such. I don't think its anything major, just Zavvi delaying as per usual.

Urgh they should NEVER cross it over with the new Evil Dead, that film sucked so much. I don't get why people liked it, the only reason I've heard was "Oh...it has a lot of blood/gore in it" which isn't really why the old Evil Dead films are so good.

Last edited:
Perhaps the stock hasn't been delivered yet, or maybe it is a manufacturing issue, who knows. Just because it is released on Monday doesn't mean you will get it on that day.

If Zavvi know it is going to be delayed they will update the site as soon as it is confirmed.

I wish everyone would just have a little patience, after all Indy was a little late (a year or so) and we got that in the end :)

No-one should forget that we are still waiting on The Killing Fields too - this was due 31st March!

Urgh they should NEVER cross it over with the new Evil Dead, that film sucked so much. I don't get why people liked it, the only reason I've heard was "Oh...it has a lot of blood/gore in it" which isn't really which old Evil Dead films good.

*tips hat*

Finally someone who agrees. It was hailed a top notch homage to the original, I was bored senseless, typical Hollywood remake minus the humour and devoid of the cartoonish charm the original had. Back on topic, I think despite being really far fetched, Army of Darkness is 10x the movie the Evil Dead remake was. I hope Zavvi delay the other releases due out this week instead, I'm anticipating this one!

Reactions: chunk and jitstark
*tips hat*

Finally someone who agrees. It was hailed a top notch homage to the original, I was bored senseless, typical Hollywood remake minus the humour and devoid of the cartoonish charm the original had. Back on topic, I think despite being really far fetched, Army of Darkness is 10x the movie the Evil Dead remake was. I hope Zavvi delay the other releases due out this week instead, I'm anticipating this one!

Evil Dead remake was garbage.

Reactions: chunk
Evil Dead remake was garbage.

i was very sceptical in the beginning, but liked some of the gore scenes, and i thought the climax at the end was great. i'm still hoping for a longer director's cut some day. and for the delivery of this army of darkness steelbook too. i wonder which one will materialise sooner. :)

No-one should forget that we are still waiting on The Killing Fields too - this was due 31st March!

The Killing Fields SteelBook was cancelled by the distributor, unlike the Indy ones which were always just postponed. Kelly's Heroes & The Italian Job on the other hand seem to have been trapped in limbo with no word one way or the other

The Killing Fields SteelBook was cancelled by the distributor, unlike the Indy ones which were always just postponed. Kelly's Heroes & The Italian Job on the other hand seem to have been trapped in limbo with no word one way or the other

Hopefully the shipping delay might mean that Zavvi really are looking into the scalper issue with this title?

To clarify, this title was released for 2 hours and sold out completely, other limited titles have taken weeks (or waay longer) to sell out. Also Ebay sellers have been offering 20 or 30 copies for pre release for sometime now. Many of us have let Zavvi know of the issue and they've promised to investigate further. With any luck there could be some cancelled copies available as a result and some Ebay scalpers with a lot of explaining to do to their customers?

Reactions: JackRegan
*tips hat*

Bruce Campbell stated on the making of the 2013 evil dead that they only allowed the remake if they didn't replicate the first 2 & not have a male Ash character-he was a producer on the film & shares the rights with Sam Raimi-they had to make a straight ahead horror movie rather than it being tongue in cheek...

I quite like the new Evil Dead as well, I did find it over compensating towards the fans, hopefully if it does get the sequel it can branch out on its own to something new.
I can't wait to get Army of Darkness (still wish that they had kept Medevil Dead as the title). Not bothered about completing my set I just love the movie and hope that it gets a good selection of extras.

Reactions: BluSteel2012
Hopefully the shipping delay might mean that Zavvi really are looking into the scalper issue with this title?

To clarify, this title was released for 2 hours and sold out completely, other limited titles have taken weeks (or waay longer) to sell out. Also Ebay sellers have been offering 20 or 30 copies for pre release for sometime now. Many of us have let Zavvi know of the issue and they've promised to investigate further. With any luck there could be some cancelled copies available as a result and some Ebay scalpers with a lot of explaining to do to their customers?

I think it sold out so quick because of the 'limited to 2000' print-runs were just in and nobody wanted to miss them, but months later Zavvi have milked it dry. It lost it's novelty and fast! I wouldn't be surprised if this came back into stock and took weeks to sell out.

I really enjoyed the Evil Dead reboot. As a stand alone movie, it's as good as any of the mainstream horrors of the last 10 years.

I must be one of a minority who wasn't a fan of the slapstick mixed with the horror of the original movies. Just felt they got a bit too silly as they went on.