picture.php

View attachment 70817

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 709
Last edited by a moderator:
i got a reply:

Thank you for getting in touch to ask about the estimated dispatch of Army of Darkness - Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook Ultra Limited Print Run.

I am really sorry that this has not yet been dispatched. Army of Darkness - Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook Ultra Limited Print Run is on special order for you with our supplier but at this time they are unable to give me a date for when they will have it back in stock. In the meantime our buyers are trying to obtain this for you from other suppliers.

You can check the status of your order at any time by logging into your account and following the prompts. Once your order has been sent you will receive an e-mail to tell you it is on its way.

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,

what a cop out

Typical Zavvi reply :rolleyes:. Wonder what's been going on with them; several releases have been pushed back lately.

i got a reply:

Thank you for getting in touch to ask about the estimated dispatch of Army of Darkness - Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook Ultra Limited Print Run.

I am really sorry that this has not yet been dispatched. Army of Darkness - Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook Ultra Limited Print Run is on special order for you with our supplier but at this time they are unable to give me a date for when they will have it back in stock. In the meantime our buyers are trying to obtain this for you from other suppliers.

You can check the status of your order at any time by logging into your account and following the prompts. Once your order has been sent you will receive an e-mail to tell you it is on its way.

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,

what a cop out

That's basically the standard reply when things are screwed up a la Indy, and The killing Fields, and as you know the results are variable.

p.s. I seem to remember Captain America Winter soldier arrived safe and sound - I should have it here somewhere.

Last edited:
Still no left overs yet. I thought we'd see a couple go back online

Damn looks like I'm going to be stalking Ebay then

usually they get live again soon after people received dispatch emails, so i'm guessing they normally dispatch all the existing orders and see afterwards how many leftovers they have.

Seriously....why can't Zavvi just make some sort of statement!!!!! Steelbook delayed, held in abayance while we sort out Ebay scalpers, new release date!!!!!....ANYTHING but generic e-mail replies that are just insulting to customers who take time and trouble to e-mail them!!! Just shocking customer service!!!!:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry: Zavvi really are the worst internet company in the history of the internet!!! They simply do not have ANY respect for their customers who line their bank balance to the tune of tens of thousands near enough every month!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Seriously....why can't Zavvi just make some sort of statement!!!!! Steelbook delayed, held in abayance while we sort out Ebay scalpers, new release date!!!!!....ANYTHING but generic e-mail replies that are just insulting to customers who take time and trouble to e-mail them!!! Just shocking customer service!!!!:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry: Zavvi really are the worst internet company in the history of the internet!!! They simply do not have ANY respect for their customers who line their bank balance to the tune of tens of thousands near enough every month!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:
I'm not wanting to sound rude or like a smart-ass but why do you even deal with Zavvi when you seem to be almost in physical pain when you discuss them?

If they cause you that much distress would it not be a good idea to avoid dealing with them all together?

I'm not wanting to sound rude or like a smart-ass but why do you even deal with Zavvi when you seem to be almost in physical pain when you discuss them?

If they cause you that much distress would it not be a good idea to avoid dealing with them all together?
Hi Ronnie3067,

I'm not being rude...do you not think an informative statement via HDN from Zavvi would be very much appreciated from all of us here, all i'm saying is "keep us informed"...i'm tired of people here who just constantly defend Zavvi...they need all round 100% improvement!

If it wasn't for the Disney/Marvel exclusives i wouldn't deal with them!! and i'm not going to pay extortionate prices on Ebay for those titles!!

Thank you!

Hi Ronnie3067,

I'm not being rude...do you not think an informative statement via HDN from Zavvi would be very much appreciated from all of us here, all i'm saying is "keep us informed"...i'm tired of people here who just constantly defend Zavvi...they need all round 100% improvement!

If it wasn't for the Disney/Marvel exclusives i wouldn't deal with them!! and i'm not going to pay extortionate prices on Ebay for those titles!!

Thank you!
You just seem constantly angry to almost the point of rage at a shonky company doing shonky things!

I limit my exposure to Zavvi as much as I can but cannot avoid them totally due their exclusives. I expect them to mess things up on a regular basis and knowing that this will happen then means I can then worry about other things.

To paraphrase Michael Winner I tell myself "Calm down, it's only a SteelBook" and move on to more important things.

all i'm saying is "keep us informed"...i'm tired of people here who just constantly defend Zavvi...they need all round 100% improvement!

i agree. what if you bought this as a gift for somebody? what if you needed/wanted it by a certain time and you made a purchase decision based on the info they gave.

they need to inform us, so we can make informed buying decisions. to keep us uninformed about delays/changes is bad business. to keep us in the dark is bad business. heck, its common courtesy to keep customers informed.

zavvi arent very competent when it comes to their customer service, are they?

Reactions: PKAVFC and ingo187
i agree. what if you bought this as a gift for somebody? what if you needed/wanted it by a certain time and you made a purchase decision based on the info they gave.

they need to inform us, so we can make informed buying decisions. to keep us uninformed about delays/changes is bad business. to keep us in the dark is bad business. heck, its common courtesy to keep customers informed.

zavvi arent very competent when it comes to their customer service, are they?

Totally agree!

Zavvi just can't handle the influx of releases all scheduled in the same week. It's evidently too much for them to handle and I don't get why they have to force it upon themselves to live up to such a hard expectation. Reminds me of myself when I was a kid, when it came to homework I'd promise myself I'd get it all done in one night, but I never managed it. This calls for a revision of release dates and possible changes that shouldn't be left to go awry at last minute!