Avengers Assemble (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) (Lenticular) [UK]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release date: April 6 May 30 April, 2015
Purchase link: Avengers Assemble (SOLD OUT)
Price: £24.99
Notes: Lenticular magnet cover, debossed border, embossed title, matte finish

01.jpg

02.jpg 04.jpg 05.jpg

pic1.gif
00.jpg 03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
WTF are you talking about, no ones moaning about the design, we are simply stating that it would be better if zavvi would let us know more details about the steelbook, i.e. matt/gloss embossing/debossing/ what kind of lenticular,
before you come on here ***edited by Apollon - please stay polite*** people make shore you read the post first,

It would be better if they told us but 9 times out of 10 Zavvi haven't got a clue either. They probably don't feel obliged to find out because they know this will sell out within a day or two.

The mods on here, Digitalbabe, Apsmith et al. usually have to hunt down this info for us and post it when they get told. As it's not out until May, if you want one, you might as well just pre-order now and cancel it nearer the time if your still not happy because Zavvi don't take the money until dispatch.

Last edited:
Good point about these steelbooks being worthless in a few years ... or will they? I mean 4K and 8K discs will be produced on larger Blu Ray media surely? So essentially these 'Blu Ray' cases will remain the same size. Just switch the discs, keep the case.

I don't know about you lot, but I ONLY buy films that I like and that I actually watch. Not just for the sake of it ...

Im going to buy 4 copies of this:

1. To open
2. To use as a scoop for my cats litter tray
3. to hold used tea bags
4. To use as a frisbee
I'm tempted to buy at least 1000 so that I can make a huge Avengers font "A" silhouette type thing on my wall and probably open a few around the side to make a matte style shading, any left over can go on ebay for ~£200 a piece, free P&P though.

As I said above too, anyone know if the lenti is a slip cover or magnet?

I'm tempted to buy at least 1000 so that I can make a huge Avengers font "A" silhouette type thing on my wall and probably open a few around the side to make a matte style shading, any left over can go on ebay for ~£200 a piece, free P&P though.

As I said above too, anyone know if the lenti is a slip cover or magnet?
No one knows yet, we will post as soon as there's more info!

sent an email to zavvi yesturday asking what kind of lenticular the steelbook will have, you wont believe the reply i got,

Thank you for getting in touch about the Avengers Steelbook.

I have investigated this further and we are not releasing a lenticular version of the Avengers steelbook.

However, just to clarify, are you referring to the Marvel Avengers Assemble or the John Steed and Emma Peel Avengers TV series?

I apologise for any confusion.

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,

Dorian

sent an email to zavvi yesturday asking what kind of lenticular the steelbook will have, you wont believe the reply i got,

Thank you for getting in touch about the Avengers Steelbook.

I have investigated this further and we are not releasing a lenticular version of the Avengers steelbook.

However, just to clarify, are you referring to the Marvel Avengers Assemble or the John Steed and Emma Peel Avengers TV series?

I apologise for any confusion.

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,

Dorian
LOL, love the lines "I have investigated this FURTHER...", even when they did actually "investigate", they still have no clue what they're talking about. Zavvi always amuses me. :D