Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2D+3D Blu-ray SteelBook) (HMV Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: August 1, 2016
Purchase link: HMV - Xtra-Vision
Price: £22.99
HDN Group Buy: Hosted by Naughtius Maximus

Ireland
HMV Ireland - Xtra-Vision
Price: €27.99

01-288667.jpg 02-288667.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: jitstark
Thanks, folks, for the info regarding scarcity of this steelbook in stores as that coupled with it not being available online from Xtra-visionUK/IRELAND or HMVIRELAND has finally pushed me to bite the bullet and order today.
A penny shy of 23 quid . . . oh, dear. Anyway, shame I can never ever find an HMV discount code to soften prices on some of their steels (yes, looking at you in particular 10 CLOVERFIELD LANE).

EDIT 10/8/16
Mine arrived today and very nice it is too with its cool and interesting artwork and I particularly like the wire mesh curtain effect backdrop :thumbs:

RE: SPINE - yes, it has two front covers but the spine is a bit of a fail with logos that have no place being there on this steelbook and which kind of spoil the effect for me once the steelbook is "reversed" . . . or, to put it another way, with the steelbook flipped over and then turned 180% with Superman now on the front the "WB" and "Blu-ray disc" logos are upside down . . .

Would have looked so much neater with just the title on the spine (don't mind in the least a "wrong way round" title going from bottom to top like most of the Studio Canal U.K. digipacks etc.) in the same way as the other 20 or so U.K. steelbooks released with NO LOGOS ON THE SPINE.

Of course, the other way of looking at it is - "Who gives a t*** which way round the logos are ?" and that's reasonable enough because the steel will most likely anyway be displayed with Batman on the front with all the logos looking as they should look.

Last edited:
One more post to confirm how scarce these are in branches. Sheffield Meadowhall got less than a dozen, none left when I was there at the weekend.
On a side note, the senior member of staff that day tried to tell me that ALL HMV steelbooks are this rare and preordering online is the only to guarantee getting one. It took all my self control to not scoff.

• Thanks
Reactions: jitstark
Still waiting for mine, it was dispatched last Wednesday... Fingers crossed it comes tomorrow...

My local HMV got 15 copies which going by other recent exclusives was quite a lot, hateful 8 was 6 copies, the revenant was a similar amount. I've given up trying to buy one instore, not long ago you could walk in months after release and get one, now if your not waiting outside on the day of release waiting for the door to open you have no chance.

Last edited:
Reactions: Flash
Watched mine the other day and I loved it even more. I really loved the film at the cinema but the ultimate edition is just that, it makes it even more epic.

Extended versions can tend to be a bit pointless few minutes here or there and I appreciated that this steelbook included the ultimate edition with the theatrical first time round none of this Martian stuff with a separate steelbook being released with 10 minutes extra footage, why didn't they release the extra 10 minutes originally?

As I said often it can make very little difference or like the Hobbit completely change and make the film even better.

There's around 30 minutes added in Batman vs Superman and although as I said I loved the theatrical cut this version just makes it a flow a bit better, it makes a few things clearer.

I still don't understand why people don't love this movie it is incredible, and the ultimate edition is simply epic, wow what a film, one of my best of the last few years for sure. My favourite scene is still Batman and Superman and Wonder Woman standing together, I love the music in that moment, it's an incredible battle. The film is exceptionally scripted and acted, the effects are not over top just right. I really like the little documentaries excluded on the steelbook extras, well worth a watch if you like that sort of thing.

Excellent film I can't wait for the next set of standalone films for the characters and particularly Justice League looks awesome.

Watched mine the other day and I loved it even more. I really loved the film at the cinema but the ultimate edition is just that, it makes it even more epic.

Extended versions can tend to be a bit pointless few minutes here or there and I appreciated that this steelbook included the ultimate edition with the theatrical first time round none of this Martian stuff with a separate steelbook being released with 10 minutes extra footage, why didn't they release the extra 10 minutes originally?

As I said often it can make very little difference or like the Hobbit completely change and make the film even better.

There's around 30 minutes added in Batman vs Superman and although as I said I loved the theatrical cut this version just makes it a flow a bit better, it makes a few things clearer.

I still don't understand why people don't love this movie it is incredible, and the ultimate edition is simply epic, wow what a film, one of my best of the last few years for sure. My favourite scene is still Batman and Superman and Wonder Woman standing together, I love the music in that moment, it's an incredible battle. The film is exceptionally scripted and acted, the effects are not over top just right. I really like the little documentaries excluded on the steelbook extras, well worth a watch if you like that sort of thing.

Excellent film I can't wait for the next set of standalone films for the characters and particularly Justice League looks awesome.

Totally agree loved it at the cinema:thumbs: and the ultimate edition just smashed it:OMG::OMG:. I just wish people like @AlienKing would just give it a chance :giggle::giggle:

Funny how the movie and the steelbook was panned yet it grossed over 850mil worldwide and the steelbook is actually sold out. Glad I preordered mine when it was first announced, still have to watch the extended version but loved the theatrical version.

Reactions: Flash
Funny how the movie and the steelbook was panned yet it grossed over 850mil worldwide and the steelbook is actually sold out. Glad I preordered mine when it was first announced, still have to watch the extended version but loved the theatrical version.
Lot of fan boys out there

Reactions: lgans316
Even though civil war is better movie I enjoyed this more as it has repeat watching value. It's no way a perfect movie but I enjoy watching it. This is an 8/10 where as civil war is a 9/10. I can see me watching this more.

• Thanks
Reactions: harry