Multi Battlefield 3 - New "Matches" feature launched

Jan 28, 2009
Manteca, CA
Battlefield 3
is the true successor to Battlefield 2. Beyond our signature multiplayer, we have also included a full single-player campaign and a co-op campaign – all straight out of the box. As for fan favorite features, how does the return of jets, prone, and 64-player multiplayer (on PC) sound? All this built with our powerful new game engine Frostbite 2, which you'll hear and see a lot of in the months leading up to launch.
<br>
<br>
<br>
Fault Line Episode III
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DsHIHxYXeLs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<br>
<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xP0Ij1_VTY0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xP0Ij1_VTY0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wi2tae2PmmU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BF3_2D00_packshots3.png

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jBcG4tiZ5Kk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Battlefield 3 will release this Fall.

bf3screenshot4.jpg

bf3screenshot1.jpg

The new GameInformer issue is out and folks have already provided scans of the article, which include plenty of great-looking screenshots. Furthermore, these details were obtained from the article:

Aiming for Fall 2011 release

4 classes

Concept for BF3 has been in the works for years, waiting on proper tech to seamlessly come together

Frostbite 2.0 is the culmination of this tech, entirely re-written

Lighting sounds neat, one “probe” contains more lighting information than an entire BFBC2 level.

Level destruction is going to be “believable” but basically everything is destructible.

Character animations powered by ANT, what EA Sports uses.

AI characters and multiplayer characters have different animation sets

No more “gliding” animations that look off, animation realism is a focus

Captured their own war audios (bullets, tanks, helicopters, etc) at different distances to ensure realism

Better audio cues for certain actions, more easily able to listen for threats

Plan on better, more immediate post release content

More unlocks than Bad Company 2

Dice trying to find a good balance between customization of your character and not having “pink rabbit hat(s)”

Will have co-op

There will be a kill-cam but it can be turned off

BF3′s team is almost twice as big as the team for BFBC2

They want the pacing of the single player mode to be balanced, with highs and lows. Makes the comparison to a song vs a guitar solo.

Part of the single player mode takes place in Sulaymaniyah (Iraqi Kurdistan).

Will be M rated

PC version is lead version

No mod tools at release.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Wreck
damn you and JGUN tore it up in TD ... I think I'm better in other modes ... I'm all about attacking tanks or rollin' in em' etc.

home for the holidays, left the controller at school...
i guess an excuse for me to buy a new one cause the old one was crapping out anyways

I dont think I've turned my ps3 on in like 3 days ... maybe more? thats a record probably for me since like a long time.

I got a 695m head shot last night right as the game was ending. The team I was on sucked so I switched to recon, ran to the outside of the boat literally laid down, seen a guy running on the beach, adjusted my scope and fired. I was like :eek: no way! Right when the score was showing up the match ended, so I wasn't sure if I got it until the next screen where it shows the stats lol

I got a 695m head shot last night right as the game was ending. The team I was on sucked so I switched to recon, ran to the outside of the boat literally laid down, seen a guy running on the beach, adjusted my scope and fired. I was like :eek: no way! Right when the score was showing up the match ended, so I wasn't sure if I got it until the next screen where it shows the stats lol

I attempted some of those insane shots after watching a youtube video, found out it's not easy at all :snipe:

Ok so after logging about 12 hours online on this game I still suck at it!! What gives? Im usually pretty decent at first shooters... I really want to get better at as this game is really awesome.

Anyone wanna let me join there crew.... maybe being on a organized team will help ?

please add me if you want... my PSN is : "jayg86"

I'll play with ya' ... tho I need to get on the game to actually do that. I played at least some ps3 everyday for probably 4 years straight. Lately tho I've been AWOL ... watching Patton right now .... doubt I'll be on tonight.

Question: when you play recon, how do you destroy TANKS????

Can't as Recon. Just gotta use the softloam like JGUN said.

Ok so after logging about 12 hours online on this game I still suck at it!! What gives? Im usually pretty decent at first shooters... I really want to get better at as this game is really awesome.

Anyone wanna let me join there crew.... maybe being on a organized team will help ?

please add me if you want... my PSN is : "jayg86"

I think I have you on my psn friends list. Message me or feel free to join me when you see me on. I'm usually always in a squad that tries to run together/attack objectives.

I'll play with ya' ... tho I need to get on the game to actually do that. I played at least some ps3 everyday for probably 4 years straight. Lately tho I've been AWOL ... watching Patton right now .... doubt I'll be on tonight.

Can't as Recon. Just gotta use the softloam like JGUN said.

I think I have you on my psn friends list. Message me or feel free to join me when you see me on. I'm usually always in a squad that tries to run together/attack objectives.

cool. I have you two added to my psn already. I will mssg you guys if i see you online. I think I need a good squad to be a part of and it will be a better gamin experience. :scat:

I dont think I've turned my ps3 on in like 3 days ... maybe more? thats a record probably for me since like a long time.

I've had mine on, but as you know I haven't played a game in almost 2 months!EEK! That's the longest drought ever for me. I really need to get back on this game, but I'm having trouble finding the motivation or interest right now for some reason.