YesAsia Buy Link
Notes: Region-free, inside art

81Nd1DiHA7L__AA1500_.jpg

Actual pics thanks to prodigy1985:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:
ParcelFarce at their best by the looks of it :(

ParcelFarce ... very good bigfub, that made me chuckle :)

Just paid my fee online & arranged delivery for next week as I'll be home most of the day then.

I would've liked to have had it delivered this Saturday but there's an extra £12.00 fee on top for that EEK!

That's just taking the piss really !

Well, I just got my invoice today & it's a little more than we all thought as it came to an eyewatering £23.17 EEK!.

Can't say that I'm too chuffed about that tbh so I don't think I'll be ordering much from Japan in the future.

Oh my lord. :angry:

What happens if you refuse to pay?

Mine is on it's way:

Oct 2
4:53 Departure from inward office of exchange COVENTRY PARCELFORCE UNITED KINGDOM

****!!!!!

Think I'll be ordering from customs friendly retailers in future. Very hard lesson learned.

Last edited:
Oh my lord. :angry:

What happens if you refuse to pay?

Mine is on it's way:

Oct 2
4:53 Departure from inward office of exchange COVENTRY PARCELFORCE UNITED KINGDOM

****!!!!!

Think I'll be ordering from customs friendly retailers in future. Very hard lesson learned.

Yeah I know the charges suck but with these Blade steelbooks typically going for £40 - £45 each on ebay then it does work out cheaper importing them yourself.

It's the clearance fee that does it, VAT is about as expected but £13.50 is steep. :(

I don't get why the clearance fee is so either as I remember someone saying it would be around £1.25.

The £1.25 admin fee is what DHL charge for customs clearence but thats if you'd had ordered from Amazon.jp.
Although the shipping cost is higher than HMV Japan, they'll use DHL courier and you won't get clobbered by Royal Mail/Parcelforce fees.

Reactions: bigfub
The £1.25 admin fee is what DHL charge for customs clearence but thats if you'd had ordered from Amazon.jp.
Although the shipping cost is higher than HMV Japan, they'll use DHL courier and you won't get clobbered by Royal Mail/Parcelforce fees.

Exactly right...I ordered 4 steels from Ama JP, £24 in custom duty inc the £1.25 DHL admin fee

---------- Post added at 12:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 AM ----------

Is eBay the way to go in future for these JP steels?

No...If you order from Ama JP, just calculate £5-7 on top for customs + DHL stuff
Or, try the trading forums...I wish there was a JP guy doing GBs :scat:

Not sure if folks are still looking for this one - Amazon JP just put some back in stock but very limited number. And a cheaper price - about 2050 yen.

Got the dreaded card from Parcelforce today. £23.03 in total.

Add that to the £45 I gave to HMV (including shippping) and you're talking £34 per SB.

In two minds whether to pay this, but will probably have to as it goes back to HMV after 3 weeks and I would have spent £12 on shipping for nothing.

Quick question to all. How comes Parcelforce got hold of this? Thought it would be Royal Mail. Is it a HMV.jp thing?

EDIT: Scrap that. Just seen the comments above.

Last edited:
Mine card's probably waiting for me at home then, starting to wish I'd waited for Amazon.jp to have stock now but won't be sending them back.

The thing is though you're basically paying the same when you bear in mind Amazon Japan's high shipping costs and the (albeit lower) inevitable DHL customs fee.

I picked mine up today. Slightly concerned to see both steelbooks packed tightly (back to back) in a cardboard wraparound box housed in a large white mailer bag/padded envelope, but thankfully neither are damaged. Very nice, and so long as they aren't re-released in a foreign market in the immediate future I don't necessarily mind paying the cost, even with customs.

Last edited:
Reactions: bigfub
The thing is though you're basically paying the same when you bear in mind Amazon Japan's high shipping costs and the (albeit lower) inevitable DHL customs fee.

I picked mine up today. Slightly concerned to see both steelbooks packed tightly (back to back) in a cardboard wraparound box housed in a large white mailer bag/padded envelope, but thankfully neither are damaged. Very nice, and so long as they aren't re-released in a foreign market in the immediate future I don't necessarily mind paying the cost, even with customs.

As I said in another post hard lesson learned.

When I purchase any SB from either HMV or Amazon Japan, I'll be ordering a few so it's more cost effective.

Anyways, just paid the PF fee and it's being delivered tomorrow. If they are damaged in any way, I will be fuming.

I think it's actually cheaper for UK residents if they have their JP blu's sent to the US and than forwarded on to the UK.