Votes: 3 2.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Horhay

ホルヘ
Jan 27, 2009
San Pedro, CA
Anyone planning to be there next year? I am, but I won't if Mexico doesn't make it there :p

Attachments

• brasil banner.jpg
    brasil banner.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 228
7 EEK!

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOL :oohyeah: BRAZIL

Well, I'm gutted and shocked. I never expected Brazil to win over Germany, we were playing very badly.

Now, 7-1 is a completely different ball game, Brazil got humiliated!

Germany avenged the 2002 final. Well deserved, well played.

And the jokes are one better than the other XD~

(I wasn't cheering for Brazil anyway, so lol!)

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 PM ----------

This has gotta hurt. For Brasilians and football fans.

Hope things stay calm in Brasil tonight.

Don't think so. This was happening in a noble part of São Paulo where people were gathering to watch all games and enjoy it. I don't wanna think about what can happen next. At least it is state holiday tomorrow.

10348999_10152542444768258_722186638278387182_n.jpg

Well, I'm gutted and shocked. I never expected Brazil to win over Germany, we were playing very badly.

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 PM ----------

Don't think so. This was happening in a noble part of São Paulo where people were gathering to watch all games and enjoy it. I don't wanna think about what can happen next. At least it is state holiday tomorrow.

Such people should be ashamed of them selves.

Those are not true fans.

True fans support their country through thick and thin. I'd feel ashamed if that was me.

Ofcourse the defeat is devastating, but what those people are doing is even worse.

Reactions: hiratafabio
According to Tim Vickery, Brazil have been fascinated by the physical evolution of the game and win at all cost mentality. In the end, this result reminds us of the importance of team building, skill and a general football philosophy. Big Phil got it all wrong. On top of that, a striker who did absolutely nothing all competition long. What happened to Leandro Damiao, Lucas Moura, Pato, Hulk ( misused as a winger ) hell even Ronaldinho

Well done Germany

Congratulations Germany

:thumbs:

Congratulations Germany!!

Brazil were given a lesson in real football tonight, and were meted out the beating both Mexico and Colombia should and could have done - the latter especially if three Brazilian players hadn't hacked away at James Rodriguez the entire match without even a card being shown!

The Brazil team have ridden the crest of the wave of the Brazilian fans, which has masked to some degree the sheer lack of skill and competitivity in the side.
They have carried players in each and every game - Fred and Oscar have shown little to nothing (Oscar's late goal tonight is scant return for a world cup competition he clearly isn't up to). Yet as was said tonight, when the only apparent alternative to Fred in midfield is the fat-ass bullyboy Hulk, you know you're in big trouble.

Frankly not to overlook the obvious lack of sheer quality in the Brazil side, it should have been glaringly obvious that the powers tht be in Brazilian football had made a fatal error in appointing Phil Scolari in the first place.
He never achieved anything of note when with Portugal, who had a squad of seriously talented players - way in excess of the donkeys currently playing for Brazil.

Yet none of this should take anything away from Germany tonight. A near perfect display of controlled skilfull football, never allowing Brazil to settle, always masters of the game, save for one lax moment in the 90th minute, which I'm sure, perfectionists they clearly are,they will be kicking themselves for. Overall, an absolute joy to watch.

Can anything stop Germany winning the final now?

Only if they sleep through the whole 90 minutes!

Deutchland Uber Alles indeed . . . .

Last edited:

Damn, I hope it's not getting out of control. Just saw some videos on Norwegian TV from Copacabana where some gangs were robbing people in the fan zone causing major panic!

Stay safe everybody.

---------- Post added at 12:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 AM ----------

What's your choice :D

germanydutch.jpg

EEK! Damn! Do I have to choose?

England will be lacking in the future if they continue to favor foreigners in the EPL. Same thing as Italy, when Inter plays 11 foreigners in the starting lineup, you know they got trouble with local talent.

Well that all went south since the Bosman arrest (remember the 3 foreign players rule?)

Why invest long term while in the short term you can buy players to win the championship?

Well that's how some big teams think.

In Holland we always invest in the youth and coaching young talent to become professionals. This has always been this way and became even stronger since the Bosman arrest.

Holland is one big drafting country for foreign clubs with money. As soon as the talent is discovered, they get bought by big spending foreign clubs, so the need for own grown players (on the sporty and financial side) is high.

Having said that, you are right and I am worried for the future of some countries regarding their national team.

Especially England, Italy and Portugal.

Im glad Germany won, they are a very good team, they flow well between each other, all other so called "World class" teams *cough England *cough* could learn alot from watching them.

According to Tim Vickery, Brazil have been fascinated by the physical evolution of the game and win at all cost mentality. In the end, this result reminds us of the importance of team building, skill and a general football philosophy. Big Phil got it all wrong. On top of that, a striker who did absolutely nothing all competition long. What happened to Leandro Damiao, Lucas Moura, Pato, Hulk ( misused as a winger ) hell even Ronaldinho

Well done Germany

Leandro Damião never got to his best again after being out of the Confederations Cup, not even in his club. I guess Felipão could've called up Philippe Coutinho, he was doing great and could've been a lot more useful than Fred.

That was incredible.

Hopefully no one will die tonight in Brazil, I could imagine plenty of riots, though ironically I think it would have been much worse had they lost in a penalty shoot-out instead of a massive loss that was already settled by the 30th minute.

They'd been pretty "lucky" thus far in the tournament to say the least, but now... ouch. Karma I guess.

List of players that were better than a few of them:

Ronaldinho
Kaka
Pato
Robinho

I think this guy could have been helpful :

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.