Votes: 3 2.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Horhay

ホルヘ
Jan 27, 2009
San Pedro, CA
Anyone planning to be there next year? I am, but I won't if Mexico doesn't make it there :p

Attachments

• brasil banner.jpg
    brasil banner.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 227
Well that all went south since the Bosman arrest (remember the 3 foreign players rule?)

Why invest long term while in the short term you can buy players to win the championship?

Well that's how some big teams think.

In Holland we always invest in the youth and coaching young talent to become professionals. This has always been this way and became even stronger since the Bosman arrest.

Holland is one big drafting country for foreign clubs with money. As soon as the talent is discovered, they get bought by big spending foreign clubs, so the need for own grown players (on the sporty and financial side) is high.

Having said that, you are right and I am worried for the future of some countries regarding their national team.

Especially England, Italy and Portugal.
I agree, the level that England, Italy, and Portugal showed was perhaps some of the worst. The English showed nothing, aside from Sterling and Surridge (at times), they were some of the worst. An aging squad that showcased the reality of their local talent in the EPL. Fantastic league, but nothing to be proud of at national level. They werent the worst because Honduras was there lol.

Portugal was a one player team, long are the days of Figo and Rui Costa, even Paulo Bento in the mid. Just nothing to show for. Italy side gave a fantastic first game and then disappeared, its just missing the ferociously attack minded forwards like Inzaghi and Vieri. Creators like Del Piero and Totti were nowhere to be found. Sadly Italy is lacking local talent.

The Germans and the Dutch have more or less remained consistant. I had no doubts the Germans were going to get far and today they couldnt miss even if they wanted to. Today wasnt a Brazil loss it was a win with authority by Germany. They came and played their game and showed what everyone saw from the first game, this Brazil wasnt unbeatable at home.

I was really looking forward to the Brasil Vs Germany game but it was probably the worst game of this tournament so far. Brasil seem to be so out of depth, a real shame.
Feel sorry for the Brasilian fans, not a good way to exit this tournament especially one they are hosting!

I agree, the level that England, Italy, and Portugal showed was perhaps some of the worst. The English showed nothing, aside from Sterling and Surridge (at times), they were some of the worst. An aging squad that showcased the reality of their local talent in the EPL. Fantastic league, but nothing to be proud of at national level. They werent the worst because Honduras was there lol.

Portugal was a one player team, long are the days of Figo and Rui Costa, even Paulo Bento in the mid. Just nothing to show for. Italy side gave a fantastic first game and then disappeared, its just missing the ferociously attack minded forwards like Inzaghi and Vieri. Creators like Del Piero and Totti were nowhere to be found. Sadly Italy is lacking local talent.

The Germans and the Dutch have more or less remained consistant. I had no doubts the Germans were going to get far and today they couldnt miss even if they wanted to. Today wasnt a Brazil loss it was a win with authority by Germany. They came and played their game and showed what everyone saw from the first game, this Brazil wasnt unbeatable at home.

If some of the above teams were able to look beyond the big names, they might do well. The English particularly for overlooking young talent and putting too much pressure on young and upcoming talent with huge transfers to teams where they rot on the bench. The English team is more of a fantasy team.

Italy I think will be fine. Their main problem was playing for a draw and they got BIT :naughty:

Look at the German and Dutch teams. There are the stars and enough new names for me to research on i.e. not household names on the international scene.

I honestly had never head Blind and the other center, because well Ajax is really on the low end of European football. Surprisingly the two dutch centers have been good for the most part.

Since I am half Greek half German, I naturally routed for both teams. Greece played well and Germany have done even better. Needless to say, my fingers are crossed they win!!!

Reactions: Marco86
Just finished watching Brazil vs Germany replay. Wow! I thought the German national football team is playing the Brazilian junior varsity team. I have to recount the players on the field cause I thought Brazil is only playing 10 players.
I picked Brazil to go all the way but everything went to sh!t.
No marking, no tracking, no closing down. The passing at the final third is atrocious with grade school defending.
Brazil should skip the 2017 Confederations Cup and save it for Russia World Cup 2018.
Capitulation on the 25th minute. I thought Brazil will come out in the 2nd half in white jerseys.
I mean where's the Brazilian pride.

Argentina v Holland

very very Boring First half! Both teams look very cagey

Argentina look better but not by much

Robben and van persie have gone missing! no supply

Dutch need to take a few risks if they want to get to the final otherwise Argentina will win!

Whichever team wins, will be crushed by Germany in the Final!

Yes I agree. The German wrath will hit whoever cross their way. But seriously I was expecting a great game today unfortunately both teams are not performing and we will either have Messi scoring at the end or penalty kicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.