Buy multiple Steelbooks & other Limited Editions of the same movie? Poll& Pics!

Do you buy multiple Steelbooks & other editions of same film if cover is different?

• Only if I like the movie enough

Votes: 38 41.3%
  • No, I pick the cover I like the best

Votes: 24 26.1%
  • No I usually only buy Steelbooks/eds from my own country

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Yes, I am a hopeless OCD Steelbook/Limited Ed fanatic

Votes: 11 12.0%
  • Sometimes-my mindset is different for each release

Votes: 22 23.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Take a poll & feel free to share your thoughts!

This thread has been merged, to include responses that refer to not only purchasing multiple 'Steelbooks' of the same film, but also other types of box sets, limited editions, etc of the same film.

Enjoy!
DB

Last edited:
Absolutely, bought Clash FS opening day, and German because of the Crackle. And I like emboss/deboss issues. So I have two issues of Wanted, after buying the UK first. But its starting to get silly. Some releases like Hurt Locker just have too many issues, and all different. (and all nice). So I've started being more selective now and waiting till I know all the details.

Absolutely, bought Clash FS opening day, and German because of the Crackle. And I like emboss/deboss issues. So I have two issues of Wanted, after buying the UK first. But its starting to get silly. Some releases like Hurt Locker just have too many issues, and all different. (and all nice). So I've started being more selective now and waiting till I know all the details.

Thats how I feel. I'd rather not buy multiples and try my hardest not too but sometimes it just happens.

I used to be toally OCD and bought every steelbook released, even though with the same cover available in multiple countries

I really started to lose it when Gladiator was followed by one whose title I cannot remember and then T4 with something like 13 releases.

It was nuts

Cheers
CrashKelly

Last edited:
I used to be toally OCD and bought every steelvbook released, even though with the same cover available in multiple countries

I really started to loose it when Gladiator was followed by one whose title I cannot remember and then T4 with something like 13 releases.

It was nuts

Cheers
CrashKelly

Yeah, T was crazy with all of those eds-they've dipped and dipped and dipped that flick over the years!

Yeah, T was crazy with all of those eds-they've dipped and dipped and dipped that flick over the years!

It started to get way out of hand at the end of 09. I knew that one day it would happen though as BD gained popularity and it is way easier, and cheaper, to print a single cover that is for distribution world wide

......... ahhhhhh the good old days, I miss them ;)

Cheers
CrashKelly

Dont forget This is it!! which also was released heavily everywhere.

I am just selective so I don't have a single one twice.

Horhay-This is It was crazy, too, you're right. I had always planned to get the German version, but it was nuts how many different times they released it. At least if it had different covers, it would make sense to have that many....?

For what movie do you own multiple Steelbooks & why?

Buy multiple Steelbooks for the same movie? Share why with the community!

Enjoy!
DB

I double dipped on Hurt Locker, Clash of the Titans, and Green Zone.

Reasons: awesome art work, unique finish, debossing/embossing. :cool:

Hey Rhyder-I too, double dipped on Hurt Locker, Clash, and I'll add 2012 and Avatar. The art and inclusions on the latter were interesting to me, and I enjoyed both movies:)

^ Well I'm glad I wasn't the only one who double dipped on COTT. :D

Avatar was worth double dipping, IMO. The Chinese Ironpack is very impressive. ;) Congratulations! I'm actually thinking of ordering from amazon china but still a bit hesitant due to some not so good feedbacks in forums.

2012 (Taiwan & FS CDA), Gladiator, (UK & German)
Different artwork, esp 2012 prefer the "crumbling continet" cover to the plain black one.

Triple dipped on Hurt locker :naughty:
Double dipped on Clash of the titans:emb:
Double dipped on 10,000 bc :wtf:
Double dipped on Resident evil's
Double dipped on Book of eli.
Mainly for the artwork also, and the cracked effect on 10,000bc and COTT:D

Have multiples over pretty every steelbook to which there were multiples released, pre 2010 anyway.

Have something like 13 T4s, 11 Gladiators, ........

Why? Cause I have issues :D

Cheers
CrashKelly

Justin-yikes forgot about those-Yes, I also triple dipped on HL, because it was a US exclusive (DVD sized), and also have the German Resident Evil Trilogy-I love the "weathered" grayish color, it's muy caliente! Book of Eli another double dip..oi vey!

triple dipped on Book Of Eli
triple dipped on IB (2 boxes and 1 FS)
triple dipped on Gladiator (french, taiwan, uk)
double dipped on Hellboy
double dipped on 3;10 to yuma
double on hurt locker

Im sure there is more, biggest factor for me tho is artwork.

Status
Not open for further replies.