Canadian Futureshop exclusives sold at other retailers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zak

Feb 24, 2010
Toronto On
I was reading the futureshop forum and there was one saying that other retailers are selling some steelbooks ( the dark knight & clash of the Titans)
It is against policies to say what retail store it is on that forum but thought I would ask here. I wouldn't mind picking up the dark knight.
So does anybody know what store it is?

They are probably talking about what looks to be a release of TDK at axel music. Check the hot deals steelbook section there is a thread about that TDK ... dont know if anyone has recieved their package to confirm whether or not it is really a steel, but its listed as one.

As for Clash, no idea ... unless they are talking about mixup.com where the Mexican version is almost identical to that of the Canadian one.

At one point last week Axel was selling TDK, Clash and LOTR - yes, they are all indeed steelbooks.

Looks like they are all sold out of Clash.

Word is that they ship your steelbooks in double bubble mailers (one mailer inside another one).

From everything I've heard so far, most folks are having good luck with the shipments.

I have received a response from a member at HDD as well, who says he received FS TDK from Axel.

Personally I do not think that these are releases of the FutureShop Steelbooks at AxelMusic, but rather that AxelMusic used whatever means, nothing sinister intended, to acquire a number of each of these steelbooks from FutureShop and now are just reselling them on their web site.

I can confirm that the TDK steelbook has been received by those who ordered it, and most are coming with the "FutureShop Exclusive" sticker still intact, although some are showing up with absolutely nothing on the shrink wrap (possibly resealed).

There are a lot, relative term, of people up here in Canada who acquire large numbers of the FutureShop steelbooks and sell those numbers to individuals around the world for group buys and what not, IMO what AxelMusic is doing is just an extension of this

Cheers
CrashKelly

Last edited:
Personally I do not think that these are releases of the FutureShop Steelbooks at AxelMusic, but rather that AxelMusic used whatever means, nothing sinister intended, to acquire a number of each of these steelbooks from FutureShop and now are just reselling them on their web site.

I can confirm that the TDK steelbook has been received by those who ordered it, and most are coming with the "FutureShop Exclusive" sticker still intact, although some are showing up with absolutely nothing on the shrink wrap (possibly resealed).

There are a lot, relative term, of people up here in Canada who acquire large numbers of the FutureShop steelbooks and sell those numbers to individuals around the world for group buys and what not, IMO what AxelMusic is doing is just an extension of this

Cheers
CrashKelly

I agree. Sounds like it to me what with TDK being an old release. If it did get re-released, FS would pop up with some as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.