Man of Steel (4K+3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #63) [China]

May 6, 2015
Netherlands
Release date: TBA
Group buy: Hosted by Wreck

53299570675_854eb82f1e_k.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
wait - do many people have that hideous stains on their steel ?

I received mine today and was disappointed when i discovered that it was this big white stain on the steel (tried to check if its removable with a microfiber cloth and got scratched immediately):
View attachment 577453

Now i see this instagram picture and it looks it was the same faulty spot ?

I really hope blufans is exchanging this.. Novamedia did in a smiliar case with THE PIG ... damdamn.
If they're all like it, I doubt it. It's visible in the insta video above as well. Blufans are usually very good with replacements, if it's actual damage, so reach out to your host and ask the question.

If they're all like it, I doubt it. It's visible in the insta video above as well. Blufans are usually very good with replacements, if it's actual damage, so reach out to your host and ask the question.
yeah already did so - just wondering how many have this stain tho..

yeah already did so - just wondering how many have this stain tho..
That's the thing, if it's all of them, and blufans deemed them as acceptable, I'd say they were unlikely to do a full reprint. Have to see what they say. Every photo/video I've seen, including the initial in hand preview shots from blufans, have that that mark.

Altho it looks like these first in hand shots didnt have the stains :/ ill keep my hopes up that its not too many and that they will replace it.. ill update here when i hear something.
They do, it's just the angle of the shots.
You can make it out in the last picture.

Screenshot_20240504_131738_Chrome.jpg

@dndrlsnn

I wouldn't have used the microfiber thing, but you might still be able to fix that steelbook with a hairdryer, just remove the discs and lay the steelbook on a smooth surface. Put the hairdryer setting on high and blow up the steelbook. Make sure you don't blow it up for too long.

@dndrlsnn

I wouldn't have used the microfiber thing, but you might still be able to fix that steelbook with a hairdryer, just remove the discs and lay the steelbook on a smooth surface. Put the hairdryer setting on high and blow up the steelbook. Make sure you don't blow it up for too long.
I've done this, and it works quite well tbf. Not specifically with that white stain, but with hairlines on black gloss. Effective on manta's Prestige and Joker.

Reactions: Patr0n
Hmm nah not really the same, this one is smudged with fingerprints all over tho and pretty cloudy in general. Mine and the one from u_steelbook look very similar and you see like a bright stain with little wholes (almost like a water stain) on the spots where the foil sticked to the Steelbook. Even on the raised S how I saw later:

I’ll try the hairdryer but I doubt it’ll help with this bright stain. The microfiber caused these microscratches yes, these high gloss steels are so delicate…

Let’s just hope Blufans will replace these faulty units.

They do, it's just the angle of the shots.
You can make it out in the last picture.

View attachment 577456

Last edited:
Hmm nah not really the same, this one is smudged with fingerprints all over tho and pretty cloudy in general. Mine and the one from u_steelbook look very similar and you see like a bright stain with little wholes (almost like a water stain) on the spots where the foil stocked to the Steelbook. Even on the raised S how I saw later:

I’ll try the hairdryer but I doubt it’ll help with this bright stain. The microfiber caused these microscratches yes, these high gloss steels are so delicate…

Let’s just hope Blufans will replace these faulty units.

I have a feeling it's the same tbh with you, that's just a low res crop, of a photo taken at a angle as to try and not show it, vs your's specifically trying to show it. See what blufans say, as we'll all be wanting replacements if that's the case.

Was hoping this would land in the U.K. today with a Tuesday delivery but still nothing. Aquaman was stuck in customs for 3 days and finally lent today but the difference between and blufans delivery times and manta is astonishing as always

I have a feeling it's the same tbh with you, that's just a low res crop, of a photo taken at a angle as to try and not show it, vs your's specifically trying to show it. See what blufans say, as we'll all be wanting replacements if that's the case.
So you haven’t received your unit yet right ? Still looking for more in hand reviews / shots …

This video here is really low res (480p). Can’t really see the stains here even tho it’s turning 360 degrees with closeups:

So you haven’t received your unit yet right ? Still looking for more in hand reviews / shots …

This video here is really low res (480p). Can’t really see the stains here even tho it’s turning 360 degrees with closeups:

No, not yet. DL is en route, which I'm not opening. OC hasn't shipped yet, which I will be opening. Yeah it's tricky with that video too. Can never tell what's going on when people aren't trying to highlight something.

@dndrlsnn

WOW - the hairdryer hack worked not only on the microscratches but also got rid of the brighter stains!

It’s perfect now - thanks @Patr0n

IMG_4940.jpeg

Just opened mine and that mark on the front is there. That doesn’t bother so much as the ugly paint chip on the left border. Par for the course with Blufans.

That’s awesome. Glad it worked. I’m confused how the hairdryer trick works. Do you blow the air directly on the front of the steelbook? So lay it down closed and apply the air the to the front Where the stain was?
Basically, yes. I'd open it though, not leave it closed. Don't be to OTT with heating it up either, as it can damage it. It's all about heating the top layer of gloss up so it essentially re-finishes itself. Obviously leave it to dry for a while and do not touch it.