[CANCELLED] Edge of Tomorrow (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. ?) [Hong Kong]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Including the original title would be a big bonus.
The original title is used on one of the Japanese steelbook releases.
IMG_8498.JPG

• Thanks
Reactions: Punker76
All You Need Is Kill was the Japanese manga novel title
The official title of the film is Edge of Tomorrow

Live Die Repeat is a tagline in the film not the name of the film
If you look again at the front of the Japanese steelbook you will see the original title of ALL YOU NEED IS KILL.
It is towards the middle of the front. That's what @C.C. 95 is referring to. Everyone knows what the tagline was.

If you look again at the front of the Japanese steelbook you will see the original title of ALL YOU NEED IS KILL.
It is towards the middle of the front. That's what @C.C. 95 is referring to. Everyone knows what the tagline was.
The title of the film is Edge of Tomorrow it's not All You Need Is Kill

All You Need Is Kill is the original novel title and pre production name Warner had before deciding on the actual name of the film
Warner Bros decided the title of the film is Edge of Tomorrow.

Lots of films start out with novel title is based on and also some use a made up title before pre and post production
The title of the film released into cinemas is what counts and that was Edge of Tomorrow

The title of the film is Edge of Tomorrow it's not All You Need Is Kill

All You Need Is Kill is the original novel title and pre production name Warner had before deciding on the actual name of the film
Warner Bros decided the title of the film is Edge of Tomorrow.

Lots of films start out with novel title is based on and also some use a made up title before pre and post production
The title of the film released into cinemas is what counts and that was Edge of Tomorrow

As far I know the title of the film in Japan is All you need is kill (which most people apart from you consider to be the original title)

• Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95
As far I know the title of the film in Japan is All you need is kill (which most people apart from you consider to be the original title)
All you need is kill is a Japanese light novel by Hiroshi Sakurazaka the film is based on it's not the title of the film
The ending of the film is also significantly different from the original novel the film is based on

Japan Blu-ray releases using the novel title the film is based on is not the official film title
Official film title is Edge of Tomorrow

As I already have it in 3D its not essential, but desirable. I can see why 3D isn't popular, I've seen some poor 3D, then there's the glasses and all the equipment needed to play a 3D title. But even thought EoT is 'fake' 3D, they did a magnificent job of it. I don't have a 4k screen :sick:
likewise.

And I dont plan on rushing out to upgrade like I did with blu-ray.

Plus when 3D is done well(Titanic, The Lion King etc) its WELL worth the hassle of glasses :)

Reactions: yeslek
Japan using the novel title All You Need Is Kill in the cinema and blu-ray is only because of the Japanese novel the film is based on and is only for marketing purposes using alternative title in Japan and is why they use that name.

The film is a USA Warner production and official title is Edge of Tomorrow it's not a Japanese production film
The original title is Edge of Tomorrow

Last edited:
Reactions: yeslek
Japan using the novel title All You Need Is Kill in the cinema and blu-ray is only because of the Japanese novel the film is based on and is only for marketing purposes using alternative title in Japan and is why they use that name.

The film is a USA Warner production and official title is Edge of Tomorrow it's not a Japanese production film
Any movie title is for marketing purposes :LOL:

• Thanks
Reactions: goufcustom

So what about Zootopia/Zootropolis? Or The Avengers/Avengers Assemble? Both official titles of the same films in different areas of the world. The titles are still official and correct for those films.

So what about Zootopia/Zootropolis? Or The Avengers/Avengers Assemble? Both official titles of the same films in different areas of the world. The titles are still official and correct for those films.
Avengers on it's own as a name could not be used in UK due to copyright name of the UK TV series Avengers and is why in the UK it was called Avengers Assemble
The UK TV series Avengers is trademark name in UK
Zootopia could not be used in UK as it has a Zootopia as trademark copyright already registered to a Danish Zoo and is registered in a few European counties including the UK

Official Title and alternative title is not the same thing
A film can had different titles in different countries also purely for marketing purposes to get bums on the seats in the cinema they are called alternative title but are not the original title

Last edited:
Actually Warner Brothers chose to change the title to Edge of Tomorrow for ease of marketing as they were scared of having Kill in the title

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Status
Not open for further replies.