[CANCELLED] Edge of Tomorrow (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. ?) [Hong Kong]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what about Zootopia/Zootropolis? Or The Avengers/Avengers Assemble? Both official titles of the same films in different areas of the world. The titles are still official and correct for those films.
I'd say original is from where it was made - so all those movies are US made, and therefore the US title is the original (even though I kinda prefer the UK Zootrololis, its NOT the original title)

• Helpful Post
Reactions: paulboland
So why does no one complain about Oldboy not having Oldeuboi on the steel as that's the original title from the country of origin?
It was releaed using English name Oldboy so that is why that is used
Some Countries like Japan it was Old Boy
Yes the original title was Oldeuboi but English name was used for the cinema release and later DVD/Blu-ray releases

Edge of Tomorrow is the US title isnt it? there for, the film studios title and so is the original.

Warner Bros. invested over $100 million in a marketing campaign for Edge of Tomorrow. The film was initially titled All You Need Is Kill after the 2004 Japanese novel All You Need Is Kill by Hiroshi Sakurazaka.

In July 2013, Warner Bros. changed the original title to Edge of Tomorrow; Warner Bros. president Sue Kroll said the title was changed partly due to "negative chatter" about the word "kill" in the title.

So it was initially Titled after the Original Title but later Changed for Marketing Purpose.

AYNIK 1.jpgAYNIK Amaray 1.jpg

Last edited:
As Manta Lab is in Hong Kong, not Japan, the title would be Edge of Tomorrow (and after all, it has TOM in the title!)

I would have thought all the people that don't like '3D' on their steelbooks would have more to say on that than the title...

• Thanks
Didn't they end up just changing the name to Live Die Repeat for the home video market? (just to further muddy the waters) :D

Vis Media released a new edition of the light novel and a new graphic adaptation of the light novel in 2014
Light Novel was re-titled and Graphic Novel used the Film title
Light Novel re-titled name and graphic novel title was :rofl:
Edge of Tomorrow

Last edited:
All you need is kill is a Japanese light novel by Hiroshi Sakurazaka the film is based on it's not the title of the film
The ending of the film is also significantly different from the original novel the film is based on

Japan Blu-ray releases using the novel title the film is based on is not the official film title
Official film title is Edge of Tomorrow
Titles are not necessarily "official" worldwide. Example: La Femme Nikita is just "Nikita" in France (and is the original title). Throughout the history of film, there have been many films that had different titles in different regions.

Didn't they end up just changing the name to Live Die Repeat for the home video market? (just to further muddy the waters) :D
Yes and was in USA of all places they highlighted the tagline Live Die Repeat more prominent on the DVD/Blu-ray covers than edge of tomorrow which was in smaller print at the bottom of the covers

There was lot of confusion as to what the title of the film was when the DVD/Blu-ray got released in USA :giggle::rofl:

• Thanks
Reactions: Punker76
Yes and was in USA of all places they highlighted the tagline Live Die Repeat more prominent on the DVD/Blu-ray covers than edge of tomorrow which was in smaller print at the bottom of the covers

There was lot of confusion as to what the title of the film was when the DVD/Blu-ray got released in USA :giggle::rofl:
That was one of the most bizzare things I had ever seen! And...Ghostbusters did a similar move when they amended that title to Ghostbusters: Answer the Call on video.

Seriously? If Warner Bro. was so anal about the word KILL being in the title what happened with the movie The Killing Fields? I don't believe they had an issue with the word KILL. I do believe it is a copyright issue depending on what region it's in though.

Status
Not open for further replies.