[CANCELLED] Need for Speed (Blu-ray SteelBook) (WEA) (Blufans Exclusive) [China]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish they would just cancel it. Doesn't fit in the collection but as a OCD I would 'have to' buy it:hilarious:

How does it not fit? I would say it doesn't fit as much as Face Off, Pacific rim, or Oz the Great and Powerful? Personally I'd prefer this movie to each of those :).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

How does it not fit? I would say it doesn't fit as much as Face Off, Pacific rim, or Oz the Great and Powerful? Personally I'd prefer this movie to each of those :).

NFS is a really odd title for BF's to release, and I was surprised at their decision. Face Off was an early release and doesn't fit in with their exclusives, but I can deal with it. Pacific Rim was/is a highly sought after steel and every other country didn't produce a decent steel. The FS version was the best of the lot and it wasn't a great effort by any means. They're giving what so many people wanted with their Crimson Typhoon slip.

OZ fits in with their titles more than Face Off, PR and NFS considering the fact that most of their exclusives have been Disney and/or animated films. To say that OZ doesn't fit is almost laughable, especially since it turned out to be one of the best looking steels of last year.

NFS is a joke, and I'll buy it to keep my BFs collection complete, but it's not a title that should be a BFs exclusive.

NFS is a really odd title for BF's to release, and I was surprised at their decision. Face Off was an early release and doesn't fit in with their exclusives, but I can deal with it. Pacific Rim was/is a highly sought after steel and every other country didn't produce a decent steel. The FS version was the best of the lot and it wasn't a great effort by any means. They're giving what so many people wanted with their Crimson Typhoon slip.

OZ fits in with their titles more than Face Off, PR and NFS considering the fact that most of their exclusives have been Disney and/or animated films. To say that OZ doesn't fit is almost laughable, especially since it turned out to be one of the best looking steels of last year.

NFS is a joke, and I'll buy it to keep my BFs collection complete, but it's not a title that should be a BFs exclusive.

I agree. VERY odd choice for BF. I've been a HUGE BF fan since LTBF and I just didn't understand this choice. I do have my suspicions though...

Maybe they thought it would be unique, considering Kimchi has a lot of the same exclusive titles and they felt they needed to be unique due to Kimchi's increasing popularity...? There's also the factor of the movie being based off of a MASSIVELY POPULAR video game franchise that's been around for forever. And lastly, the racing aspect, which is also VERY popular with Asian culture, was probably another appeal to choosing this as an exclusive. This is all purely speculation, but makes sense in my mind.

https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/33481/

Actually just as many aren't Disney as are. The Godfather trilogy, Jack Reacher, Face Off, World War Z, and plenty others on that list to name a few. And while On the Great and Powerful turned out to be a wonderful looking steel the movie itself is often considered average to bad. I think Need for Speed has just as much potential for a wonderful cover. You nor anyone else knew the cover would look that great to that film prior to the artworks release. And I think Pacific Rim falls into that category as well. Also as a steel book collector I don't want Blufans to limit themselves to a Disney/Pixar release list. Let them create what they want without demand for a certain steel or cancellation of a steel. We would probably get more awesome releases with amazing artwork more often then waiting for some demanded certain steel book that will have to go out there way to think of new artwork for instead of letting them make something that they already really want to. But yeah please don't ask for a cancellation of a steel book choice is always a good thing for us.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hmm. I don't agree with your view. You don't actually give any real reasons why Need for Speed isn't a perfectly reasonable choice. I think variety is good, not every release should appeal to every collector.

Hmm. I don't agree with your view. You don't actually give any real reasons why Need for Speed isn't a perfectly reasonable choice. I think variety is good, not every release should appeal to every collector.

I positively agree with the Negative Ninja on this one.

Personally I thought NFS was better than anything after the original FF if not on par with that.

It's very simple, the NFS game franchise is a MASSIVE seller in China. This isn't a strange choice, it fits perfectly since the film was popular there.

Face/Off was a huge hit in China, and is not only directed by their number 1 director, it's his most successful film.

You conveniently forgot to mention Jack Reacher, Star Trek: Into Darkness and The Godfather Trilogy. Along with Face/Off and Pacific Rim, I think that NFS fits into Blufans just fine.

(Plus I'm selfish and I just don't enjoy animated films, so I'll encourage exclusives for live-action films.)

You conveniently forgot to mention Jack Reacher, Star Trek: Into Darkness and The Godfather Trilogy. Along with Face/Off and Pacific Rim, I think that NFS fits into Blufans just fine.

(Plus I'm selfish and I just don't enjoy animated films, so I'll encourage exclusives for live-action films.)

Yeah I completely agree. I was saying this exact same thing earlier in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.