Captain America: The Winter Soldier (3D+2D SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: August 18th, 2014
Purchase link: Captain America: TWS Sold out!
Price:
£24.99
Notes: Print run of 6000 for UK

10938635-1397756244-831720.jpg

10938635-1397756244-831892.jpg

10938635-1397756244-831864.jpg 10938635-1397756244-831830.jpg thumb.jpg

Original temp artwork:
10938635-1395773992-652897.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
i did obiously contemplate watching the second film and deciding for myself, but i know it wont be too removed from the first film..

ie i know it will follow the same formula, have a similar tone, be aimed at the same audience.

haha i remember that scene in the first film where he runs around the streets in that skin tight top.. ugh.. you know to women that is the equivilent of pamela anderson running in slow motion oin that red swimsuit on the beach...

i bet in part 2 he goes for another pointless run in another skin tight spandex top.

;)

I'm not having a go at your opinion levi, even though it's the opposite of mine but ..
Why bother entering this thread and repeatedly making posts about a movie that you haven't seen or have no interest in watching?
I mean, would you go to a restaurant and complain about the food being served without having eaten at that restaurant?
It doesn't make sense to me.

I don't know if you're purposely being antagonistic, but I think your time would be better served discussing steelbooks about movies that you enjoy rather than movies you don't.

I'm a pretty new member on these forums, and I know it's a bit of trend with each thread that we get members coming on just to comment on how crap movie X is .. but I liked this film and know that it is a good film so the meaningless criticism does get tiresome after a while.

icon_australia.png
Rover

Last edited:
I'm not having a go at your opinion levi, even though it's the opposite of mine but ..
Why bother entering this thread and repeatedly making posts about a movie that you haven't seen or have no interest in watching?
I mean, would you go to a restaurant and complain about the food being served without having eaten at that restaurant?
It doesn't make sense to me.

I don't know if you're purposely being antagonistic, but I think your time would be better served discussing steelbooks about movies that you enjoy rather than movies you don't.

I'm a pretty new member on these forums, and I know it's a bit of trend with each thread that we get members coming on just to comment on how crap movie X is .. but I liked this film and know that it is a good film so the meaningless criticism does get tiresome after a while.

icon_australia.png
Rover

not really, i made my initial comment and people then questioned why i held that opinion. i simply defended myself and continue to do so.

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

One of the scenes you remember from a film 3 years ago is a man running around the streets in a skin tight top?

just because it came out 3 years ago doesnt mean i watched it 3 years ago. the first time i watched it could have been last week. i remembered that scene in particular because it was hilariously bad.

just because it came out 3 years ago doesnt mean i watched it 3 years ago. the first time i watched it could have been last week. i remembered that scene in particular because it was hilariously bad.

My question was rhetorical. ;) But carry on nonetheless... Your posts are mildly more interesting than the prior 4-5 pages of:
Several HDN members said:
I cancelled my order guys. I just wanted to let everybody know the difficult & important decision that I made.

i did obiously contemplate watching the second film and deciding for myself, but i know it wont be too removed from the first film..

ie i know it will follow the same formula, have a similar tone, be aimed at the same audience.

The funny thing is, it has a completely different structure and completely different tone not only from the first one, but from all of the other marvel movies.

But every person who has actually seen it has to be wrong, because you know.

:hilarious:

(you do know, that believing something without experiencing it is the very definition of prejudice, right?)

Last edited:
Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches
No use argueing guys, the power of the 'Mod' will remove thy posts.

Get back on topic of the steelbook, for all our sakes ;)

not really, i made my initial comment and people then questioned why i held that opinion. i simply defended myself and continue to do so.

The only reason I questioned it in the first place is you called it corny, There is no way you could've watched the winter soldier and called it corny, I hope u do watch it one day as it really is a good movie, you're missing out on one of the best marvel films to date in my opinion.

Reactions: harry
maybe i will try and re-order it when the cancellations come back in stock lol

the original was bought for me by a friend (female, funnily enough lol) so another reason why i wanted the second was just so it went with the first to complete the set. but i didnt particularly enjoy the first, and wasnt willing to gamble £24 on what could have been more of the same. if lots of people say the tone of the film is different, then i take your word for it.

i checked rotten tomatoes and winter soldiers score is 10% higher than the first film, so it would at least seem better critically.

When it comes to Marvel films the only opinion that matters to me is my own.

Strangely the Marvel films with the biggest female fan base looking online are the Iron Man films, not this. :)

Reactions: Bagman99