Cleaning LCD

get a microfiber cloth, give it a spray of water and there you go.

I'm surprised monster cable only charges $20, being that it says high-tech and special solution. They forgot to gold plate something LOL

get a microfiber cloth, give it a spray of water and there you go.

I'm surprised monster cable only charges $20, being that it says high-tech and special solution. They forgot to gold plate something LOL

NEVER USE WATER! only special LCD solution, get the monster stuff for $15, lasts forever...

water is risky only because of temperature shock/risk of damage to the screen and streaking/staining... if you took a damp (not wet) cloth and were gentle water isn't going to hurt anything... if the water is dirty it will cause streaks, if it's dripping wet it could get into the panel and ruin the screen, if you rub too hard you'll damage the pixels, etc..

but a water dampened cloth will not cause catastrophic failure to a LCD display

lots o fud surrounding that one.. I think apple even recommends using water only on their LCD displays...

water is risky only because of temperature shock/risk of damage to the screen and streaking/staining... if you took a damp (not wet) cloth and were gentle water isn't going to hurt anything... if the water is dirty it will cause streaks, if it's dripping wet it could get into the panel and ruin the screen, if you rub too hard you'll damage the pixels, etc..

but a water dampened cloth will not cause catastrophic failure to a LCD display

lots o fud surrounding that one.. I think apple even recommends using water only on their LCD displays...

Not Fud, I don't recommend it all because of all the chemicals that are put into water, plus if its hard water well have fun. All those chemicals usually don't react well with LCD screens.

Not Fud, I don't recommend it all because of all the chemicals that are put into water, plus if its hard water well have fun. All those chemicals usually don't react well with LCD screens.

Not to swing sticks or anything, but I'm having a hard time finding stories of LCDs being ruined by water as you are claiming it will do (and I mean using water on a soft cloth, not damage by squirt guns, rain, dropped in bathtubs). In fact by first glance with a google search on "water ruined my lcd screen" I see more stories of how idiots manage to ruin their screens using the Monster Cleaner... and a mac forum that swears water and soft cloth is precisely what Apple recommends

maybe not FUD to the layman, but certainly FUD to those of us who are careful with our kit. I've never had issue with water and a soft cloth and I've been using this remedy for years - I even do it with our work monitors and I abuse the crap out of these things so I can get new ones, and they'll hold up to damn near everything short of pouring soda all over it.

Not to swing sticks or anything, but I'm having a hard time finding stories of LCDs being ruined by water as you are claiming it will do (and I mean using water on a soft cloth, not damage by squirt guns, rain, dropped in bathtubs). In fact by first glance with a google search on "water ruined my lcd screen" I see more stories of how idiots manage to ruin their screens using the Monster Cleaner... and a mac forum that swears water and soft cloth is precisely what Apple recommends

maybe not FUD to the layman, but certainly FUD to those of us who are careful with our kit. I've never had issue with water and a soft cloth and I've been using this remedy for years - I even do it with our work monitors and I abuse the crap out of these things so I can get new ones, and they'll hold up to damn near everything short of pouring soda all over it.

Im not saying you can't. i just highly recommend against it to everyone, I've seen people do hell to their screens with it..

monster screen clean with the micro clothe,works best....helped me out big time removing hard coated suger that almost ruined my LCD....damn Sugerly Pop.