[CLOSED]GB (surfury) play.com Exclusives Fox Wave (Braveheart, Alien, Predator, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

surfury

AlienGreyhoundSteel
Premium Supporter
Mar 18, 2011
Back home in Cornwall, UK
STEELBOOKS ARE SCHEDULED TO BE SHIPPED on MONDAY, June 25th, 2012. Make that Wednesday June 27 for those not yet invoiced. Sorreeee

PLEASE CONTACT apsmith21 with concerns or questions.

SORRY BUT DUE TO DEMAND THIS IS NOW CLOSED TO NEW BUYERS, PLEASE GO HERE INSTEAD, STILL OPEN TO LISTED BUYERS

I am doing a Group Buy on ALL the new titles in the new wave at play.com, as per the news provided exclusively to Hidefninja.com. Release date is to be June 4th. Retail prices are £9.99 each, except for Alien which is £19.99. :oohyeah:

The first 2 Steelbooks will be charged at £2.50 per Steelbook, subsequent Steelbooks will be charged at £1.50 per Steelbook. There will be a maximum surcharge per Group Buy of £12. I want to keep members interested in buying this way but the amount of work, external purchases, etc will vary depending on amount bought, remember I am an avid collector like the rest of you and want to do this for the least cost to you.
A substantial amount of time & effort goes into these Group Buys and whilst tips are always encouraged and very much appreciated, they are not mandatory :rolleyes:. A good portion from the surcharges above will be donated back to the site to assist. The amount of donation has been approved.

All shipping/postage costs will be on top. If we can combine shipping wherever possible we will. Any member whose total Steelbooks' retail cost is over £50 will need extra insurance however this will also require Signed For service to be included for our mutual protection. This can be waived if we both agree, but all risk will be born by the Buyer.

Needless to say if you join the Group Buy, you commit to buy, if you're not sure then don't join.

Guys & gals, and this is important (and I don't like laying down the law) but PLEASE DO NOT PM ME ABOUT THIS WAVE. If you do (unless urgent, private, of course) I WILL DROP YOU TO THE BOTTOM OF THE LIST. :tear:

Please refer to the individual release threads for full details. The links to the respective titles are listed below. As usual for a play.com Group Buy this will NOT be for those who can deal direct with play, i.e. UK & mainland Europe. Multiples available but due to demand this will be initially limited to 2 copies per title. :cool:

A-Team
Alien Anthology
Braveheart
Fight Club
Man on Fire
Predator
Taken
Wolverine

SORRY BUT DUE TO DEMAND THIS IS NOW CLOSED TO NEW BUYERS, PLEASE GO HERE INSTEAD, STILL OPEN (last time I looked) TO LISTED BUYERS
I have a spreadsheet below which I will update regularly, please check you are on it and that all your details are correct.
Fox Wave New a Crop.jpg

Some of you will note that your position in the "order" may have changed, don't worry it hasn't, honest, also there are colours by your name: these are purely administrative.
Remember it is your responsibility to check it's correct.

Attachments

• MB Para 1 US Crop.jpg
    MB Para 1 US Crop.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 217
Last edited by a moderator:
Dave, Thanks for doing this...

If I can save you a trip going back and forth, then can you send it with insurance/tracking for me while you are there and I'll pay you ASAP when you invoice me. Don't worry, my retirement fund is more than enough for this hobby :)

If not, then it's ok. Whatever makes you feel comfortable.

Last edited:
Reactions: surfury
@ Jay, I have copied a portion of your PM here as it's relevant to all (hope you don't mind)
Is this a Canada specific problem ? Yes, it would be the same UPS (brown vans) as US. I can find out rates from Parcelforce which is Royal Mail's parcel delivery service and update, or split according to people's wishes.

@ all in GB: I intend to ship all large parcels at full value for insurance purposes as some of these are very expensive. If I said all parcels will be sent at your own risk you wouldn't be happy hence the insurance as I don't want any of us to suffer any losses on this.

Hi Dave,

Just saw this now. I don't mind you copying the PM here at all. But, yes absolutely this is a problem for anyone in Canada. USA folks don't get bothered by UPS or other private shipping companies for that matter a whole lot.

UPS, DHL, etc. will without a doubt hit you with brokerage fees that are straight up criminal IMO. These are not duties or taxes Im talking about but there personal brokerage fees. I can tell you right now no in Canada that has a larger package coming from you want their packaged delivered via UPS, DHL, etc.

I would much prefer my package be split in two and sent via Royal Mail. Please, please, please no UPS. I know it sounds like Im going crazy about this but to put it in perspective Ill share what happened with the last two UPS shipments to me. One was a $30 item and I got hit with $30 in brokerage. $400 package hit with $102 in brokerage. Other Canadians will share the same sentiment as me Im 100% sure... no UPS, DHL, etc. please!!!

Sorry if this makes this harder for you but I guess no one thought it this far through. Im also sure that aside from the US all other countries will share the same problem with UPS, etc. as we here in Canada do. The "government based" shipping companies all have a contract with Canada Post which once the package crosses into our border they deliver the package and only charge $5 for brokerage per package. Same kind of contracts are held world wide with outer countries. Hence why only USPS from the States and Royal Mail from the UK.

I personally don't have any issue with full declaration of value on the packages. Just request they be marked as a "gift" and sometimes it works to avoid taxes/duties. Also if the package is split into two shipments with lesser values even more chance that it will incur no taxes or duties.

Last edited:
Just want to back up what Jay is saying, UPS is HORRIBLE for Canada. I baught a Hard Drive one time on ebay and it was sent UPS and I got dinged like $60 broker fee. Just horrible.

Yup personally I refused the last package sent to me via UPS and told them to shove it up their rear end. The package was worth $25 and brokerage was $17 plus tax/duty. I do my best to insure places I buy from online don't ship UPS, DHL, etc. but sometimes it happens.

Hi Dave,

Just saw this now. I don't mind you copying the PM here at all. But, yes absolutely this is a problem for anyone in Canada. USA folks don't get bothered by UPS or other private shipping companies for that matter a whole lot.

UPS, DHL, etc. will without a doubt hit you with brokerage fees that are straight up criminal IMO. These are not duties or taxes Im talking about but there personal brokerage fees. I can tell you right now no in Canada that has a larger package coming from you want their packaged delivered via UPS, DHL, etc.

I would much prefer my package be split in two and sent via Royal Mail. Please, please, please no UPS. I know it sounds like Im going crazy about this but to put it in perspective Ill share what happened with the last two UPS shipments to me. One was a $30 item and I got hit with $30 in brokerage. $400 package hit with $102 in brokerage. Other Canadians will share the same sentiment as me Im 100% sure... no UPS, DHL, etc. please!!!

Sorry if this makes this harder for you but I guess no one thought it this far through. Im also sure that aside from the US all other countries will share the same problem with UPS, etc. as we here in Canada do. The "government based" shipping companies all have a contract with Canada Post which once the package crosses into our border they deliver the package and only charge $5 for brokerage per package. Same kind of contracts are held world wide with outer countries. Hence why only USPS from the States and Royal Mail from the UK.

I personally don't have any issue with full declaration of value on the packages. Just request they be marked as a "gift" and sometimes it works to avoid taxes/duties. Also if the package is split into two shipments with lesser values even more chance that it will incur no taxes or duties.

very true. dhl is a S.O.B with extra fees. got charged 118 dollars on a 430 dollar package.

Thanks Shane. Yup will split if necessary for Canada.

Any other countries have problems ?

A different issue in my case.

The biggest problem here in Brazil for our international orders (IMO) is that our Post Service is not always reliable (sometimes, stuff disappear before reach our homes :(), so, having the tracking for so many steelbooks is really necessary.

Regards,

Sounds good Dave. Im happy with that personally to have my package split in two and sent out Royal Mail. Lowers the declared value since its split in two and no criminal brokerage fees like UPS, DHL, etc.

Thanks Dave :)

I agree with this as well Dave. :scat:

I'm in the US and have received countless packages from Canada, the UK, Spain, France, Germany, the Netherlands, and Asia and have never been billed or charged any extra fees, taxes, tariffs, etc.

I'm good for UPS or your preference and what works best for you.

Thank You For Everything Dave!

It is Greatly Appreciated! :oohyeah:

Status
Not open for further replies.