[CLOSED]GB (surfury) play.com Exclusives Fox Wave (Braveheart, Alien, Predator, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

surfury

AlienGreyhoundSteel
Premium Supporter
Mar 18, 2011
Back home in Cornwall, UK
STEELBOOKS ARE SCHEDULED TO BE SHIPPED on MONDAY, June 25th, 2012. Make that Wednesday June 27 for those not yet invoiced. Sorreeee

PLEASE CONTACT apsmith21 with concerns or questions.

SORRY BUT DUE TO DEMAND THIS IS NOW CLOSED TO NEW BUYERS, PLEASE GO HERE INSTEAD, STILL OPEN TO LISTED BUYERS

I am doing a Group Buy on ALL the new titles in the new wave at play.com, as per the news provided exclusively to Hidefninja.com. Release date is to be June 4th. Retail prices are £9.99 each, except for Alien which is £19.99. :oohyeah:

The first 2 Steelbooks will be charged at £2.50 per Steelbook, subsequent Steelbooks will be charged at £1.50 per Steelbook. There will be a maximum surcharge per Group Buy of £12. I want to keep members interested in buying this way but the amount of work, external purchases, etc will vary depending on amount bought, remember I am an avid collector like the rest of you and want to do this for the least cost to you.
A substantial amount of time & effort goes into these Group Buys and whilst tips are always encouraged and very much appreciated, they are not mandatory :rolleyes:. A good portion from the surcharges above will be donated back to the site to assist. The amount of donation has been approved.

All shipping/postage costs will be on top. If we can combine shipping wherever possible we will. Any member whose total Steelbooks' retail cost is over £50 will need extra insurance however this will also require Signed For service to be included for our mutual protection. This can be waived if we both agree, but all risk will be born by the Buyer.

Needless to say if you join the Group Buy, you commit to buy, if you're not sure then don't join.

Guys & gals, and this is important (and I don't like laying down the law) but PLEASE DO NOT PM ME ABOUT THIS WAVE. If you do (unless urgent, private, of course) I WILL DROP YOU TO THE BOTTOM OF THE LIST. :tear:

Please refer to the individual release threads for full details. The links to the respective titles are listed below. As usual for a play.com Group Buy this will NOT be for those who can deal direct with play, i.e. UK & mainland Europe. Multiples available but due to demand this will be initially limited to 2 copies per title. :cool:

A-Team
Alien Anthology
Braveheart
Fight Club
Man on Fire
Predator
Taken
Wolverine

SORRY BUT DUE TO DEMAND THIS IS NOW CLOSED TO NEW BUYERS, PLEASE GO HERE INSTEAD, STILL OPEN (last time I looked) TO LISTED BUYERS
I have a spreadsheet below which I will update regularly, please check you are on it and that all your details are correct.
Fox Wave New a Crop.jpg

Some of you will note that your position in the "order" may have changed, don't worry it hasn't, honest, also there are colours by your name: these are purely administrative.
Remember it is your responsibility to check it's correct.

Attachments

• MB Para 1 US Crop.jpg
    MB Para 1 US Crop.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 217
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Dave

I'd prefer if you please send my package via Royal Mail with signed-for tracking. UPS and DHL are also a rip-off in my country, South Africa. I sincerely thank you in advance.

Reactions: surfury
As long as you ship out mint steels I don't care what you decide. J/K. UPS please!!!

Just make sure not to forgot all the others as the chart doesn't reflect it.

From the states so whatever is cheaper between UPS, DHL, Fedex, or Royal mail and easy for you.

As others mentioned, we don't get charged extra fees, so I don't know if there is any benefit for splitting it up.

Do you know approximately when you expect invoices to go out?

whatever is the cheapest AND safest method is fine by me (I'm in the states, so no extra fees for me :D) I want my steels already :(

Is it possible to get my money back? Feel a little like I'm being scammed here, no disrespect but it's been a few weeks since the release, and I expected to have my package by last week at longest. Thanks. Lmk.

Is it possible to get my money back? Feel a little like I'm being scammed here, no disrespect but it's been a few weeks since the release, and I expected to have my package by last week at longest. Thanks. Lmk.

just FYI, Dave has a very serious issue related to a family member.

I'm currently working with Wreck and I have also sent Dave a message on how to proceed with the group buys and to get a status update.

However, I do ask for your patience, and I'll make sure to discuss potentially refunding - but I do want to note that these items have been acquired, but have not been sent out yet.

Stating that a person is a scammer, without knowing the details is a bit out of line. These group buy hosts are providing members a service, with very little compensation on their end, to probably get you one of the best prices you can get anywhere for a steelbook. And you know that they will come packaged in a box with extra padding.

If you have further concerns, please PM me directly, as it states in Dave's signature.

If everyone can remain patient for another day or so, we can see what we can do about getting further updates and additional info.

Best regards,

Andy
Staff / Trading Manager here at HiDefNinja.com

Last edited:
just FYI, Dave has a very serious issue related to a family member.

I'm currently working with Wreck and I have also sent Dave a message on how to proceed with the group buys and to get a status update.

However, I do ask for your patience, and I'll make sure to discuss potentially refunding - but I do want to note that these items have been acquired, but have not been sent out yet.

Stating that a person is a scammer, without knowing the details is a bit out of line. These group buy hosts are providing members a service, with very little compensation on their end, to probably get you one of the best prices you can get anywhere for a steelbook. And you know that they will come packaged in a box with extra padding.

If you have further concerns, please PM me directly, as it states in Dave's signature.

If everyone can remain patient for another day or so, we can see what we can do about getting further updates and additional info.

Best regards,

Andy
Staff / Trading Manager here at HiDefNinja.com

Definitely agree, I can't believe he called him a scammer. :angry:

I was too peeved to even respond to that, so it's a good thing you posted before I did. Goodness knows what would've came out.

Fyi,

I gotta chime in here. As Dave mentioned he had some personal stuff going on which put him behind & just look at these GB'S. This is a monumental under taking for any one indvidual to manage.

Both he, John & Karel do an amazing job with these and help a lot us out around the globe like myself. They are straight shooters and as honest as they come.

Lol. I said I felt like I was bein scammed, not that he was a scammer. I've been scammed two times before and didnt get my money back and can never be to sure anymore. I said no disrespect as I didn't intend to disrespect him just a little concerned. I've never bought from him before and don't know him so I can't be too sure. Sorry if I upset anyone. And like I've said before hope his personal issues aren't too serious. Just have to look at for yourself as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.