[Closed-see Wreck's update)(Universal 100) (Play.com) Landscape Art & No Inside Art!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man of Steel

It's not an 'S'
Premium Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
Warwickshire, United Kingdom.
New News:

https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/15173/

Previous update:

Thanks to Wreck we have now found out that the steels will feature LANDSCAPE ART and NO INSIDE ART, with the possibility of having no back art either (to be confirmed).

I don't know about you guys, but I am fuming! :angry: It's like having a steelbook and taking a massive dump on it.... I had such high hopes for this from both Universal and Play.com - but it looks like I'm going to have to pass completely.

So guys.... How do you feel about this news? This is a good chance for us the consumers to voice our opinions.

Note to Mods: if this news turns out to be wrong by all means please delete this thread.[/SPILER]

Last edited by a moderator:
Steelbook, I *believe* Wreck is referring to the UK wave with this update. I think he was just mentioning the two German Horizontal Steels, because they have some better art where the Horizontal Steels, in general are concerned. Wreck if I misunderstood, and you see this, please chime in....

Oh k I see.

I mean even if the artwork is amazing on these the horizontal still kills it for me. Its kind of like G1... it just doesn't "fit" with the rest.

Dun, any info Wreck posts is verified by decision makers, so sadly they are not rumors. However, lets hope the powers that be are listening, and have a 'last minute' capability of making changes...otherwise they may end up with a junkyard full of Steel.

But, on the other hand, some may buckle and buy the UK Steel, because 'some' in the German wave have German titles...

Ahhh that Pitch Black steel looks amazing!!!! I hope that's how it'll look eventually! That would be awesome!!

The info and this thread has been passed on to all my contacts in charge of this. Possibility it may be too late to make any changes.

However, slightly better news ... Play has received images for 2 of them; and while their isnt permission to release these images yet ... he did say that the backs on both featured iconic art and that the blurb and barcodes were on a paper card backing that I guess wraps around to the front since he called it a "taco card"

If their isnt changes from the art in regards to going to portrait, at least this wave is moving in the right direction.

Monsters and BOE German are two awesome looking Horizontal steels.

There is hope afterall! :oohyeah:

Status
Not open for further replies.