[CLOSED] X-Men: First Class (UK & France) apsmith21's Group Buy for USA and Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
ALL PURCHASES ARE DONE THROUGH HiDefNinja members that will assist us in reducing costs in one shipment.

Shipping for this group buy will be done with a member or two that will hand pick copies for us. Royal Mail gets delivered by USPS when it enters the US - and these do not incur customs fees.

The studio is FOX. Fox has been known to REGION LOCK discs before.

UK EDITION:
$35.79 as of 8/28 exchange- BEFORE SHIPPING & PAYPAL FEES TO US members (Canada ask for quote).

FRENCH EDITION:
$37.21 as of 8/28 exchange- BEFORE SHIPPING & PAYPAL FEES TO US members (Canada ask for quote).

WILL COMBINE SHIPPING ON MULTIPLE PURCHASES VIA USPS PRIORITY MAIL.

How I determine cost -> exact steelbook cost + any fees (credit card currency fees, etc). I try to get as CLOSE to EXACT cost as possible - as these are being sourced as a FAVOR to us on this forum.

Normal rules apply - all members of the group buy assume a similar risk - if a steelbook comes in with a small ding, there's nothing I can do about that. However, I will use a random number generator to "pick" who gets any damaged copy.

There should be NOTHING that is majorly damaged - things ALWAYS arrive in great shape from members here.

If you have not purchased from me before, once the order is IN payment is required up front.. I cannot be stuck with unclaimed copies.

STEELBOOK mail costs:
Mailing 1st Class USPS in a box - likely around $3.50 for one copy. Can do $5 Priority Mail (on the east coast) for two. EXACT shipping will be charged and I don't ship media mail for steelbooks. 1st class for 1 - otherwise it's priority mail.

Last edited:
Reactions: spawnshop
I'm confirmed for 10 copies from other members on this board. Because I'm getting a few at a time, unfortunately, I don't think the savings won't be as great had I gotten them from one member.

Once I have an idea of the total cost, per copy, I'll pass that along.

Any questions, please let me know.

hi. i have no idea how group buy works and brand new to this site. i loved the movie and am really interested in the steel. please help me out and let me know how we can work out getting me one.

thank you for your time, alvin

hi. i have no idea how group buy works and brand new to this site. i loved the movie and am really interested in the steel. please help me out and let me know how we can work out getting me one.

thank you for your time, alvin

Hi Alivn and welcome to HiDefNinja! I don't have any more spots left for the UK steelbook, but if there is enough interest, I can purchase the French steelbook for a few folks - it will cost less than the UK one, probably.

How many discs is the UK steel? The Thailand one is a single disc and I'm torn between getting on a group buy for this one, ordering the Thai one from BoomerangShop.com or checking amazon.ca or ebay for a Futureshop metalcase

How many discs is the UK steel? The Thailand one is a single disc and I'm torn between getting on a group buy for this one, ordering the Thai one from BoomerangShop.com or checking amazon.ca or ebay for a Futureshop metalcase

It's a triple play, so 3 discs. I'm also going to get a few copies of the French steelbook - I don't have any more spots for the UK one.

Quoted price as of 8/28 exchange of $35.79 for the UK editon (play.com) X-Men First Class steelbook before shipping to you and paypal fees.

Still have a spot open for members if they'd like the French version of the X-Men steelbook.

I just read my favorite statement: The studio is FOX. Fox has been known to REGION LOCK discs before.

Folks, please don't send payment for titles until I ask for it or send you an invoice.

The initial quote I provide is to let everyone know what the cost will be so you have an idea and can budget for it. If there's something else that comes to mind, please PM me before sending funds.

By the way, the cost quote could be lower or higher on the date of payment, giving the variable rate of exchange. With these types of group buys where I get help from other members, I pass them on at EXACT cost. So it either impacts you the buyer (since you're paying more than you need to) or it impacts me (since I'm paying the shortfall on your end).

Hope that makes sense and thanks in advance for your cooperation. :cool:

Anymore news on this one concerning orders or cancellations of order?

Any spots open for a uk one? I may settle for a french one if there isn't

At the moment there isn't - I do have extra spots on the French one at the moment.

I should have the french one in hand by October 22nd.

All my orders have been confirmed, so at the moment, pending safe delivery to those contacts, I have a copy for EACH member on the list.

Awesome to hear. Really excited about this one! Thanks!

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Whats the major differences between the french and uk one? i'm def interested still.

French comes with a booklet - and check the pre-lim art we have so far below...

20270258_500x500_2-1.jpg

xmencommencementsteelfr-2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.